You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VonSmallHausenn

last second kill of last red ship,but still lose ?

17 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,119 posts
13,281 battles

The answer is on the first screen shot, they won by points just before you sunk the Lyon.

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

The answer is on the first screen shot, they won by points just before you sunk the Lyon.

How? Timer went down,when it stops,the game is over, but if we sink all enemy ships, game also over ? So if i was credited with the kill,,it means we destroyed all ships...?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,119 posts
13,281 battles
Just now, VonSmallHausenn said:

How? Timer went down,when it stops,the game is over, but if we sink all enemy ships, game also over ? So if i was credited with the kill,,it means we destroyed all ships...?

The timer hit zero a split second before the kill. It takes a few seconds for the game to close after the mission is completed.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,046 posts
19,789 battles

Just rare timing....  Tie goes to the runner, uhh, Lyon.

• Cool 1

Members
1,691 posts
8,561 battles

We had a post like this  a few days ago. So the Red team won because they had more points when the timer reached zero, which ends the game. However thier is a second or more of the server continuing to run even though the win criteria has met. The last kill was scored in this time period so it didn't really count toward the win or loss.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News
  • Cool 1

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The timer hit zero a split second before the kill. It takes a few seconds for the game to close after the mission is completed.

..so it`s kinda a bug ?? It should either not recognize my kill,if it`s over time,or the other way around,if kill was in time,we should have won.  Can`t be both....

[N-W-T]
Members
1,923 posts
7,591 battles
6 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

..so it`s kinda a bug ?? It should either not recognize my kill,if it`s over time,or the other way around,if kill was in time,we should have won.  Can`t be both....

It's not both. There is a delay after the score hits 1000 and the match ends. They hit 1000, your shell hit right after.  They win. You actually came out ahead here since if it ended instantly you wouldn't have been credited with the kill, and would have had a bit less XP. 

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,648 posts
8,988 battles

I was on the other side and I must say I was surprised by the result.  I thought our Lyon had thrown it for sure.

[5D]
Members
3,117 posts
19,870 battles
39 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

It's not a bug, the match usually runs at least one second past the win condition and sometimes it will register a kill although the win condition was already satisfied. So the game was over and you just got a little extra credit for your stats.

We had this happen in a clan battle against another one of our sub-clans 2 seasons ago. When you watched the replay you clearly see the game timer hit 0:00 and then the kill occurred. Our other clan thought they got cheated until we posted the replay on our clan page.

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
8 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

It's not a bug, the match usually runs at least one second past the win condition and sometimes it will register a kill although the win condition was already satisfied. So the game was over and you just got a little extra credit for your stats.

We had this happen in a clan battle against another one of our sub-clans 2 seasons ago. When you watched the replay you clearly see the game timer hit 0:00 and then the kill occurred. Our other clan thought they got cheated until we posted the replay on our clan page.

I say it is a bug than. I don`t really care  about the credited kill,if it was after the time run out. See,,they did not reach 1000 point,the timer went down,and at that point they had higher score. But also if we sink last red ,even if it was just a split second before timer went down,than we won. Period. That is what my point is.. Shell hits should not count as damage,even if just a split second after the timer went down. Since all calculations happens server side,it should be an easy fix,not to happen again... IF THE GAME WAS OVER ALREADY, by any amount of time, server should not register the hits. No more confusion, and certainly no unmerited kills and points......  

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
9 hours ago, JCC45 said:

I was on the other side and I must say I was surprised by the result.  I thought our Lyon had thrown it for sure.

You guys were way better until the last 7-8 minutes. Was a classic smoke screen covered push from your south flank, at start, if they would follow it up, not just 1 bb pushing to cap, could have been an easy win. Our south flank was hesitating way too long , since your seattle was in radar range of both B and C( and maybe the chappy too)....

[INTEL]
Members
2,616 posts
13,815 battles
50 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

I say it is a bug than. I don`t really care  about the credited kill,if it was after the time run out. See,,they did not reach 1000 point,the timer went down,and at that point they had higher score. But also if we sink last red ,even if it was just a split second before timer went down,than we won. Period. That is what my point is.. Shell hits should not count as damage,even if just a split second after the timer went down. Since all calculations happens server side,it should be an easy fix,not to happen again... IF THE GAME WAS OVER ALREADY, by any amount of time, server should not register the hits. No more confusion, and certainly no unmerited kills and points......  

It really is pretty simple.  The rules are applied on the server side.  What happens on the client side continues until the server decides the result and then sends it to the client.  This takes time and therefore things can happen on the client right after the moment the server decides the game is over.  The rules are you win when the first of these occur:

1. When the timer hits zero and one team has the most points, they win.  Anything that happens after that...happens after that.
  2. The first team to hit 1000 points before the timer runs out
  3. The first team to kill all opponents, before the timer runs out or before the other team receives 1000 points
  • Cool 1

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
11 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

It really is pretty simple.  The rules are applied on the server side.  What happens on the client side continues until the server decides the result and then sends it to the client.  This takes time and therefore things can happen on the client right after the moment the server decides the game is over.  The rules are you win when the first of these occur:

1. When the timer hits zero and one team has the most points, they win.  Anything that happens after that...happens after that.
  2. The first team to hit 1000 points before the timer runs out
  3. The first team to kill all opponents, before the timer runs out or before the other team receives 1000 points

yes totally agree. But nothing should happen after any of those points.(nothing that registers on the server side) That`s the point. Since everything is happening on the server, at servers time, it would be an easy fix .  

[INTEL]
Members
2,616 posts
13,815 battles
1 minute ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

yes totally agree. But nothing should happen after any of those points.(nothing that registers on the server side) That`s the point. Since everything is happening on the server, at servers time, it would be an easy fix .  

Just my guess but I think it's deliberate and here's why.  The hits and kill register on the client side and the player sees that.  That gets sent back to the server and the server can either give credit for the kill, damage and hits ribbons or send a message back to the client and remove the kill, damage and hits ribbons after the player had already seen it.  I think Wargaming chose to go with the former as there would certainly be some negative customer feedback from that.  Awarding the kill and damage is an extremely small concession to the player.  It's what I would do as a developer and as business owner.  It's likely simpler for the software implementation as well.

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
7 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Just my guess but I think it's deliberate and here's why.  The hits and kill register on the client side and the player sees that.  That gets sent back to the server and the server can either give credit for the kill, damage and hits ribbons or send a message back to the client and remove the kill, damage and hits ribbons after the player had already seen it.  I think Wargaming chose to go with the former as there would certainly be some negative customer feedback from that.  Awarding the kill and damage is an extremely small concession to the player.  It's what I would do as a developer and as business owner.  It's likely simpler for the software implementation as well.

wrong,the hits and kill registers on server side first ,than sends the data back for the client to "generate" the image . to be frank,,i`m not complaining.. It`s just something that should not happen,,and should be very easy to fix. One should not    having his cake and eating it too...  :-)  

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles

As frustrating as it is, it happens so infrequently that changes to try to fix it (which might induce terrible glitches of their own) are arguably counterproductive.