You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,114 posts
13,757 battles

So I dabbled in public test 8.0....

It was ok, nothing to get my jimmies up.

Played Kaga in release of 8.0... tier 10 not kind.

Sold my tier 6 carriers...

Now I have tier 4 and 6 British carriers and esisted the urge to play them.

Until now.

My Div mates wanted to club some seals....

Played my Arkansas Beta and Yubari....

Then pulled the trigger and enjoyed it.

She is easy to learn and actually fun.

I recommend trying these free carriers out at tier 4 to learn how to get better at them before buying I to the tech tree ships.

[RLGN]
Members
9,749 posts
19,264 battles
26 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Hermes is like langley utter garbage.

I would argue that all the carriers are utter garbage; at least they are much beyond the realm of the 100-200k+ damage players we keep hearing about.

[RKLES]
Members
8,864 posts
10,828 battles

Actually Hermes is improvement over Langey since Hermes actually gets some decent hull Armor. Needed some aircraft kills in Nicholas, so managed to get off alone with an enemy Hermes where no other ships could interfere. I proceeded to continuously HE shell the CV in the hopes of annoying it enough to send more planes for my AA to shoot down. Took 200 hits to kill the Hermes, and surprisingly while some of the secondary and AA guns were lost, some had managed to survive the barrage I gave it which had included hitting it full 360°

And while the rockets are nothing special, the torpedo bombers are ok, but it’s the dive bombers that are what’s good about Hermes since it delivers quite a nice number of 40lb bombs that make hitting DDs easier. Granted you still require more than one attack on them to sink them from full HP, but still manageable. Managed to sink 3 DDs in one battle and do other damage as well. And that’s with my a RN DD captain on the ship without a single CV skill used.

Figured I would at least try the RN CVs since they can’t be sold until the official release of RN CVs anyway.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
8,864 posts
10,828 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I would argue that all the carriers are utter garbage; at least they are much beyond the realm of the 100-200k+ damage players we keep hearing about.

Yeah I am often skeptical of the circumstances of those high damage CV battles lately.

1E2692B7-E080-4815-861C-0C713AE39189.jpeg.333733085109933ec4edf8981d101029.jpeg

• Funny 1

Members
64 posts
2,986 battles

What’s the ship we have to grind to get to the UK CV?

[DENY]
Members
604 posts
6,501 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I am often skeptical of the circumstances of those high damage CV battles lately.

1E2692B7-E080-4815-861C-0C713AE39189.jpeg.333733085109933ec4edf8981d101029.jpeg

Here a 100k in the Hermes

shot-19_03_03_18_04.22-0637-1.thumb.jpg.af4f069e8a22651b9033edbb52d146ea.jpg

• Cool 1

[TIPS]
[TIPS]
Beta Testers
143 posts
2,405 battles

Sure, you can have battles like that, but for almost all of us "average" players who don't platoon up, 100k+ games are a rarity, with 20-50k games being the norm in random battles.  Based on the payout in credits, that must be a co-op game against bots.  If it were a random battle the credit payout would be MUCH higher.

Members
103 posts
2,211 battles
3 hours ago, Sierra1968 said:

Sure, you can have battles like that, but for almost all of us "average" players who don't platoon up, 100k+ games are a rarity, with 20-50k games being the norm in random battles.  Based on the payout in credits, that must be a co-op game against bots.  If it were a random battle the credit payout would be MUCH higher.

nope.. if you had read in the upper right hand corner....  RANDOM BATTLE

it was a loss.. therfore less moolah. if he had win, he would had more moolah

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42

[DENY]
Members
604 posts
6,501 battles
3 hours ago, Sierra1968 said:

this was a random game , i dont stack my low tier ship with flag  and this was done without a division

[TIPS]
[TIPS]
Beta Testers
143 posts
2,405 battles

I think the best I've done in the Hermes is around 60k damage.  I've had a couple 100k plus in my Ranger, and maybe my Saipan, but I'm usually in the 20-50k range.  I find it a bit stupid that I can rack up 30-60k damage in a match, but still lose, because the new CV's can't do enough damage with a squadron or two to sink a ship, but a DD or BB can delete a ship with one or two salvos with main guns/torpedos

[ASHIP]
Members
56 posts
6,151 battles

hell I played 9 games last night in tier 8 cvs and won 5, sunk 2 or more ships every game incl one where i got 5 and never topped 85k in dmg

[-GS-]
Members
13 posts
828 battles

Picked up the Hermès using the earned “Fly, Fight, Win” credits. After my initial foray into CV’s with the Langley after 0.8.0 came out, and not enjoying it at all, I gave up on CV’s. Since the Hermès was essentially free, I figured, what could hurt. I actually have been doing alright, having fun, and contributing for my team. I only wish I could trade in the rocket and dive bombers for three squadrons of torpedo bombers. A YouTube contributor, “Wadres_Warships,” pointed out that the Hermès was developed post 0.8.0., and therefore has the new method built in, making it a little more forgiving. I’ll be keeping it.