Rocket_Lawn_Chair

Disappearing doubloons

24 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
2,155 battles

In the past I had 700 doubloons.  Recently I noticed that I now have 400, but I have never used any doubloons to purchase anything.  What happened?  Can I get those doubloons back since I never spent them on anything?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
117 posts
9,338 battles

If you have any of the economic flags on any of your ships set to auto-resupply, they'll automatically buy the flags with doubloons at the end of a battle if you don't have a stock of them. Double check, because I bet this is what is happening.  Or it could be premium consumables. You can set them to buy with credits, but they usually default to doubloons until you check the box.

Members
20 posts
2,155 battles

I have checked all of these things, but I don't have any premium consumables or any of that stuff on any of my ships.

I just want my doubloons back >:(

Edited by Rocket_Lawn_Chair

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,308 posts
18,075 battles

Replenish flags and cammo can cost doubloons if your out of stock.

[SYN]
Members
3,669 posts
20,345 battles

Check that you don't have any prem Camouflages as well.

Port Slots are 300 doubloons, you haven't bought any ships and ticked/unticked the additional port slot option?

If you haven't done any of those things then submit a ticket to customer support to see what they can do.

Edited by Camo68

Members
20 posts
2,155 battles

I think it might be the port slot, I seem to have an extra one now...  However I never intended to purchase one and I didn't see any window asking for confirmation of using my doubloons (which there really should be if there isn't already, as that would be a very easy way for someone to use their doubloons unintentionally).  I still want my doubloons back, they can take away the port slot.  Unfortunately I can't submit a ticket because I use my account through Steam, and I was never asked to attach an email address to my account.  I'm currently waiting for an old WoT account to finish closing (an account I created on my iPod, but never used).  That account is linked to my only email address, and it won't let me use it for my current account (I'm hoping it will once the old account is officially deleted).  Hopefully I will still be able to get my doubloons back and rectify the situation at that point.  I also happen to have another issue I want to submit a ticket about...

[CK5]
Members
1,212 posts
12,105 battles

When buying a new ship, be very careful and read the drop down boxes about getting a ship with a slot and without.  I once purchased a port slot accidentally because I didn't read the options carefully.  

Members
20 posts
2,155 battles

I have never seen any such options when purchasing a new ship.  I have been VERY careful about this to prevent this exact problem from occurring.  And yet it still happened...

[SYN]
Members
3,669 posts
20,345 battles

The options to buy them are in two places, one in the buy ship screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.d20333e722bca30fbfd5965f3c1d42cc.jpeg

and one at the end of the carousel:

image.jpeg.1d019b67302134356248a6d717374fb1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Rocket_Lawn_Chair said:

Unfortunately I can't submit a ticket because I use my account through Steam, and I was never asked to attach an email address to my account.  I'm currently waiting for an old WoT account to finish closing (an account I created on my iPod, but never used).  That account is linked to my only email address, and it won't let me use it for my current account (I'm hoping it will once the old account is officially deleted).  Hopefully I will still be able to get my doubloons back and rectify the situation at that point.  I also happen to have another issue I want to submit a ticket about...

@Radar_X Is there anything that customer service can do if his email isnt linked to the account as per above?

Members
20 posts
2,155 battles

I have never purchased a ship that said it would cost doubloons, as the first picture shows.  I'm absolutely positive that I have never purchased a ship that would cost me any doubloons.  I would certainly have noticed if it did say so, as I pay very close attention to the cost of new ships and modules to make sure I'm not spending more credits than I'm earning.  If it was there and I didn't notice it, I'd still want them to reverse the transaction.  In addition, I think they should really put in place a system that will create a pop-up window (in-game) asking for confirmation whenever you try to purchase anything using doubloons.

[SYN]
Members
3,669 posts
20,345 battles

I pinged the administrator in my post to see if he can do anything for you maybe send a pm as well.

Good luck

Members
5,921 posts
6,832 battles
1 hour ago, SouthboundPachyderm said:

Or it could be premium consumables. You can set them to buy with credits, but they usually default to doubloons until you check the box.

This was changed a couple of patches ago. Premium consumables are now only able to be purchased with credits. The doubloon option is gone.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,807 posts
10,121 battles
40 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

I pinged the administrator in my post to see if he can do anything for you maybe send a pm as well.

Good luck

dumb question but how do you ping somebody ?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,807 posts
10,121 battles
5 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

@and their name

Thanks

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,102 posts

I think it's admiral (pun hee hee) of you to help this individual. I'm not sure they will return the doubloons though.. I know I had a very similar thing occur with my account once. Paraphrasing, they said something along the lines of "We're sorry commander, but we have no means of tracking your doubloon usage", something along those lines. My doubloons were gone for good.

It'd be great if they could help him. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,397 posts
6,585 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I think it's admiral (pun hee hee) of you to help this individual. I'm not sure they will return the doubloons though.. I know I had a very similar thing occur with my account once. Paraphrasing, they said something along the lines of "We're sorry commander, but we have no means of tracking your doubloon usage", something along those lines. My doubloons were gone for good.

It'd be great if they could help him. 

I bet you were not happy as a clam (pun), but do not worry a rising tide lifts all boats (pun).

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,102 posts
7 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I bet you were not happy as a clam (pun), but do not worry a rising tide lifts all boats (pun).

Nope... my game was tide up in knots, I had a sinking feeling as I visualized a barge of my doubloons being citadeled, sinking with all doubloons on deck... I'm a cheap so and so.. the only premium time i use is time i win from the game, or get from WoT promotions. So yup, it put some salt in my vinegar. 

• Cool 1

Members
20 posts
2,155 battles

This conversation seems to have changed into a contest to see who is the punniest...  Personally, I think I should hold my fire so as to not get involved in a war of words...  Off course, I wrecken that schooner or later, I will be anchoraged to be knotty and neFERRYous, and will begin to saBOATage all of your efforts by barging in and keeling your puns with my own as skiff I was trawling yawl on porpoise, though it appiers that I've already started... I guess I'm just cray-sea, boat I believe that my puns are titanic compared to yours, although I now sea that I may have gone a bit overboard...

Edited by Rocket_Lawn_Chair

[F4E]
Members
69 posts
3,799 battles

Another way to inadvertently use doubloons (which got me a couple times) was when I sold a ship ('cause I didn't want to spend doubloons on a port slot lol) it demounted my rather crappy modules for 25 doubloons a pop.

Community Department
3,186 posts
1,206 battles
15 hours ago, Rocket_Lawn_Chair said:

This conversation seems to have changed into a contest to see who is the punniest...  Personally, I think I should hold my fire so as to not get involved in a war of words...  Off course, I wrecken that schooner or later, I will be anchoraged to be knotty and neFERRYous, and will begin to saBOATage all of your efforts by barging in and keeling your puns with my own as skiff I was trawling yawl on porpoise, though it appiers that I've already started... I guess I'm just cray-sea, boat I believe that my puns are titanic compared to yours, although I now sea that I may have gone a bit overboard...

Sorry for long responce. We investigated the situation with your account. Please submit a ticket to our Support. We'll provide all information what you need to do there. 
Also copy the link to this topic or some notes from it in the ticket. It'll speed up our answer there. 

Thanks for your replies. Locked.