Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JGA012

WG AA GUNS BETTER THAN GUIDED MISSILE

13 comments in this topic

[ARGEN]
[ARGEN]
Members
19 posts
8,328 battles

Do you Want Know the reason of the AA effectivenes See Picture Below

The AA have better Hit ratio possibility  than A "Patriot" Missile or any AA Guided Missile in history

I Don´t know maybe tone down a litle to 60% 

image.thumb.png.769307dcb269c974e61fe89ccffaa1da.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

That game mechanic isn't how often it hits your planes. It's how often their flak burst is in the 'right' location (in front of your planes but you're still able to dodge).

Since that ship only has one flak puff... you don't need to worry that much. ~.^

[RKLES]
Members
11,214 posts
12,588 battles
21 minutes ago, JGA012 said:

Do you Want Know the reason of the AA effectivenes See Picture Below

The AA have better Hit ratio possibility  than A "Patriot" Missile or any AA Guided Missile in history

I Don´t know maybe tone down a litle to 60% 

image.thumb.png.769307dcb269c974e61fe89ccffaa1da.png

Bear in mind that percentage is likely the chances of score hits when All AA guns are firing. And since the idea was to focus fire AA at individual targets or closely pack squadrons the odds of hitting an aircraft would rise as that section of the sky was filled with thousands of AA gun shells. And then the Flak guns that only needed a near miss to send shrapnel into an aircraft to cause some damage could also be included in that petcentage even though technically it’s not a direct hit, but in practice still counts towards to goal of depending a Warship.

If your still skeptical look up some documentaries where a plane is coming in at a ship and sky is filled with Flak burst and tracer fire and then the plane goes down in flames. AA was getting focused and the aircraft could not usually get through when eneough AA fire was directed at them. Now if the planes number high enough to overwhelm the AA gunners then some planes would get through.

[POP]
Members
666 posts
7,037 battles

Flak is avoidable, short range AA is unavoidable DOT effect.  Accuracy really does not matter in my experience.  It's all about how big that DOT effect is and how many ships short range aa is stacking.  Two or more of the right ships close enough together and there is simply no way to make a drop prior to loosing your planes.  It's a simple numbers game and you loose every time, no RNG to it.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

[-KIA-]
Members
5,177 posts
11,559 battles

This game isn't meant to be realistic, and AA is only that accurate because planes are extremely strong at T10.

[HINON]
Members
12,340 posts

This isnt a simulator otherwise main battery hit percentages would be in the single digits and battles might last hours or days.

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,415 posts
2,835 battles

AA nevertheless is a bit tad too strong at the moment and needs to be scale down but not to the point where it is weak(that would be unfair).

[POP]
Members
666 posts
7,037 battles
11 minutes ago, The_Big_Red_1 said:

AA nevertheless is a bit tad too strong at the moment and needs to be scale down but not to the point where it is weak(that would be unfair).

The are already planning to nerf the way aa between ships stacks when they are close together.

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,415 posts
2,835 battles
3 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

The are already planning to nerf the way aa between ships stacks when they are close together.

as long as they don't kill my planes as fast as they are now that's fine by me. with the way AA works right now i am only able to get 1-2 passes at most. even then planes returning to my carrier usually do not make it back...

Members
689 posts
5,687 battles

The percentage is more related to Flak than to "hitting".

The percentage is better explained as how many flak bursts you are throwing per cycle. Flak is on a bell curve. If you have 10 flak bursts and 50% hit chance, you will more often throw 5 flak bursts than any other number. Likewise if you have 5 flak bursts on a DD with 80% hit chance, you will, on average, toss up 4 clouds.

It's really complex and would benefit greatly if WG put out an official "how it works" reference document or video.

[POP]
Members
666 posts
7,037 battles
47 minutes ago, The_Big_Red_1 said:

as long as they don't kill my planes as fast as they are now that's fine by me. with the way AA works right now i am only able to get 1-2 passes at most. even then planes returning to my carrier usually do not make it back...

When you attack with a full squadron this is an issue.  Try dropping bombs in open water prior to your attack run so the only planes taking damage are the ones you are attacking with.

[SHPFC]
Members
243 posts
7,469 battles
4 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

This game isn't meant to be realistic, and AA is only that accurate because planes are extremely strong at T10.

So is the AA.

Frosty

Sign in to follow this