You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Tonnage Tuesday - Most Ships Sunk

51 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,493 posts
8,743 battles

640px-Battle_of_Java_Sea_-_HMS_Exeter_un

*pictured - HMS Exeter, HMAS Hobart (hidden by water splashes and smoke from a direct hit) and HNLMS Kortenaer under attack in the Java Sea on February 15, 1942*

Which warship in your Fleet did you sink the most ships in?

No matter which tier or type of warship, we all have a ship that stands out as the one that sent the most ships to the bottom of the sea.

Whether it was using your ship's weaponry and maneuverability to its fullest or superior seamanship and handling, these ships in your Fleet sent the enemy ships reeling in defeat.

Of all of the ships in your Fleet, which one sunk the most tonnage and how many did it send to Neptune's Lair?

"Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum." - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington, U.S. Marine Corps

#tonnagetuesday

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

For me it would be Yamato at an average of 1.59 ships sunk per battle. The long range of her battery means I'm rarely left without something to shoot at.

Average/total tonnage sunk doesn't seem to be a statistic available on our profiles, at least that I could find anyways.

• Cool 1

[SUDO]
Members
7 posts
1,330 battles

Probably my Konigsberg (at least, going by # of battles and frags/battle). That was such a fun one to play. Also my most kills in a single match.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,345 posts
13,324 battles

Scharnhorst with 558 kills is both my second most played ship, and ship with the greatest number of kills. I have 1.57 frags/game with her.

I've just eclipsed Scharnhorst with Minotaur games (360 to 355) though she has only 478 kills at a rate of 1.33 frags/game.

Given the fatness of T10 ships I'd suspect Minotaur has won the tonnage war. Assuming the average kill is of something like an 18,000t cruiser x 1.33 per battle I'd ballpark my Minotaur's tonnage count at about 11.3m. That's getting close to the 14.1m tons of merchant ships U-boats sank in WWII.

• Cool 1

[TAW]
Members
39 posts
9,030 battles

i would say my Texas being the one with the most ships sunk with 111 by main battery guns, 1 surprisingly with secondaries and the last 4 by ramming action 

#tonnagetuesday

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,940 posts
13,721 battles

The ship I have sunk the most total with is (surprise) Kamikaze R with 412 kills.

I have sunk 7 in one game with three ships: Kamikaze R, Aurora, and Gneisenau.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Heh, Warspite, 647 w/ 1.64 average.

Mino's catching up fast though with 453 w/ 1.78 average. Poor 'old' version Baltimore is disappearing from my top 2.

And per single game it's 9 w/ Warspite. And I still remember that game because DESPITE getting HC, Confed, 2 Secondary Battery Kills, and almost 2 Krakens, we STILL somehow lost.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

as for most sunk in one game? My other acc. had a 7 kill game with 200k damage in a WYOMING

overall? prob my Colorado on this account

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,593 posts
13,570 battles

8 w/Dreadnought. 7 main batt and a secondary... and lost.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,261 battles

1. Yubari with 1922 kills

Tenryu has the most in a single battle...7

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,336 posts
7,347 battles

Most in a single game for me is 7, in the Duca degli Abruzzi, today, in a loss. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
9,205 posts
16,109 battles

7 ships in Gearing, it was also my highest damage game. Scenarios, I would have to say Cossack in Dynamo.

shot-18_10.01_17_14.25-0321.thumb.jpg.7da788a18d91f405f805573a4160c22b.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
3,100 posts
11,224 battles

Single Game - 7 Arizona

Total Kills - 679 Arizona

Avg Frags w 50+ Games - Leander 1.74 (57 games)/GC 1.63(113 games)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
156 posts
5,863 battles

In 1 match, 36 schnellboots in Cossack. Ship with the most "tonnage"/Damage is Midway with 11 million total dmg. Ships overall is 169 ships with Kamikaze.

a.png

• Cool 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,750 posts
11,049 battles

Fujin - 131 ships sunk

Arizona - 114 ships sunk

Kami R - 107

Scharn - 278

Musashi -151

Tirpitz - 227

Bismarck - 112

This doesn't count old versions of ships. Also, counting old versions - have to consider of 6511 kills, they are divided by 202 ships so most are under 100, especially as tier shifts happen part way through. Most of those ships I've had for years, Musashi is the exception that surprised me but, well, it's fun when it's not infuriating. Also lot of premiums listed cause I left the old carriers off (several of them had over 100 kills and Lex was racing Scharn) and well, I'm constantly needing credits and training captains.

Also hilarious to me- I've dealt 335.9 million damage to other ships, and have a "potential damage" fired at me of 4.6 billion. If only I could have a penny or dime for every point of damage I had fired at me.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,223 posts
18,922 battles

After some quick research her are my totals.

• Most kills in a game for me is 7 kills with Kamikaze R, Atlanta, and Yubari.
  • Highest frag ratio is 1.7 in the Isokaze and that's with 316 battles.
  • Most total kills is 1109 in 730 battles in Kamikaze R.

Yes, I am probably clubbing seals, too, but don't judge me...

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,032 posts
4,914 battles
2 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

640px-Battle_of_Java_Sea_-_HMS_Exeter_un

*pictured - HMS Exeter, HMAS Hobart (hidden by water splashes and smoke from a direct hit) and HNLMS Kortenaer under attack in the Java Sea on February 15, 1942*

Which warship in your Fleet did you sink the most ships in?

No matter which tier or type of warship, we all have a ship that stands out as the one that sent the most ships to the bottom of the sea.

Whether it was using your ship's weaponry and maneuverability to its fullest or superior seamanship and handling, these ships in your Fleet sent the enemy ships reeling in defeat.

Of all of the ships in your Fleet, which one sunk the most tonnage and how many did it send to Neptune's Lair?

"Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum." - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington, U.S. Marine Corps

#tonnagetuesday

#anchorsaweigh

for me, that would be Harugumo with 6 kills.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,214 posts
12,588 battles

For Randoms:

Bismarck with 372 ships sunk.

Gneisenau with 310 ships sunk.

Kagero with 209 ships sunk, but will soon be overtaken by Harekaze which already has over half the kills Kagero has in only 1/3 of the battles.

Graf Spee leads the CAs with 185 ships sunk.

Have some other good mid tier and high tier ships that are have respectable numbers of ships sunk, but the above ships are leading my fleet in ships sunk.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,835 posts
4,064 battles

Single battle for me would be Leander at 6, followed by Hood, Dunkerque and Furutaka at five each.  Most total kills is 169 in Hood.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,393 posts
14,474 battles

Hmm overall it is Tirpitz for me.

• Cool 1