Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dad003

The IMplacable

20 comments in this topic

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles

Well him getting a hang of this CV i cannot wait for the t10 him one of the rare with over 40 battle in it , i can say that it hard to carry with CV at the moment , did a few 100k and the best was 134k until this morning the star aligned for me , RNG was in my favor twice i bombed a battle ship and got 3 fire !

shot-19.03.12_07.04.15-0548.jpg

1068167557_notalways.thumb.png.1a63c3772fea4b6ca93e485fdbf5343c.png

Here the Replay for the interested

20190312_064310_PBSA108-Implacable_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

[-SF-]
Members
261 posts
3,413 battles

I'm not a CV player in any sense but I certainly am eyeing up the UK CV line 

[ASHIP]
Members
56 posts
6,177 battles

Good game, the only way Cvs can get higher dmg numbers now is if the game goes the distance. i got 174k in the Enterprise and it was the same way, BTw that is a crapload of bomb hits, did you run the Tb at all or just one run?

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles
4 minutes ago, JamesZ28 said:

Good game, the only way Cvs can get higher dmg numbers now is if the game goes the distance. i got 174k in the Enterprise and it was the same way, BTw that is a crapload of bomb hits, did you run the Tb at all or just one run?

i only run the torpedo when i couldnt use the bomb ,  some target are easier with torp than the carpet bomber like cruiser , rocket are pretty useless so i didnt even use them

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,447 posts
8,217 battles

the squadrons are too slow. which undermines all other qualities Brit Cvs possess.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,654 posts
4,424 battles
32 minutes ago, Ashy_GB said:

I'm not a CV player in any sense but I certainly am eyeing up the UK CV line 

I just want the Hermes; I always dreamt of having a clothing iron for a ship :Smile_hiding:.

[FTH]
Members
875 posts
13,192 battles

I'm hoping to get it by Sunday ish...500 or so short at this point so 3 parts of the next directive should do it..it looks fun.

[-SF-]
Members
261 posts
3,413 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I just want the Hermes; I always dreamt of having a clothing iron for a ship :Smile_hiding:.

Already have the Hermes, I never do well with her, maybe I'll try using to iron clothes instead 

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,617 posts

It amazes me how the carpet bombing manages to troll as much as dive bombing does. :cap_rambo:

[HELLS]
Members
1,981 posts
19,132 battles

If you have this ship you have spent real money or doubloons to get the crowns and florins in premium airdrop crates in the Arsenal. I am in Furious at 80,000 ship XP at present and will make the 150 crowns in the game but getting to 2500 florins without buying premium airdrop crates is not possible with only two standard crates per stage and all the daily missions done. I have not missed a single Fly, Strike, Win or Daily mission either. Do the math. Unless they add an additonal standard airdrop crate in each of the coming missions stages over the next two weeks, you cannot get the ship in pre-release without spending money or doubloons to do it. As a retiree on a fixed income I cannot waste my gaming budget for either. By the time the line drops at 8.3 I will have enough ship XP in Furious to get Implacable without the upgrades. Since I am an RN main at present, I will grind it out to Audacious (which is HMS Eagle in 1951 rig). It's your money. Nice game! Nice ship too! (Green with envy!) Have fun!

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles

here another one special team i had unfortunately tried to carry but the potato was too strong ended  up top xp earner on my team

shot-19.03.13_06.47.51-0348.jpg

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Members
32 posts
5,432 battles

Any advice on how to deal with AA in Implacable?  15 matches in and I've only seen 2 rounds without T10 aa.  Had a Gearing destroy my flight before I could get one strike in.  I think it's safe to say I'm going to be delegated to fighting T10 exclusively.  It's becoming less than enjoyable very quickly, however, I don't want to give up just yet if there is a possibility to play against T8, IF that is possible.

Thank you kindly.

[ODIN]
Members
1,158 posts
3,194 battles
On 3/12/2019 at 9:48 AM, TornadoADV said:

It amazes me how the carpet bombing manages to troll as much as dive bombing does. :cap_rambo:

On 3/12/2019 at 8:43 AM, dad003 said:

i only run the torpedo when i couldnt use the bomb ,  some target are easier with torp than the carpet bomber like cruiser , rocket are pretty useless so i didnt even use them

How on Earth are you guys getting the DBs to work for you? It seems that no matter how well I align the reticle, I'm getting 4-6 hits at best, with a pretty unremarkable fire starting rate. Even if the enemy ship is fully enclosed in the (huge) reticle when the bombs start hitting, it seems the bombs are practically magnetically repelled by ships. :/

[DENY]
Members
614 posts
6,518 battles
2 hours ago, Frenotx said:

How on Earth are you guys getting the DBs to work for you? It seems that no matter how well I align the reticle, I'm getting 4-6 hits at best, with a pretty unremarkable fire starting rate. Even if the enemy ship is fully enclosed in the (huge) reticle when the bombs start hitting, it seems the bombs are practically magnetically repelled by ships. :/

it better if you are not fully centered just a little off set from one side it seem

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
5,150 battles
10 hours ago, YeTi_RCN said:

Any advice on how to deal with AA in Implacable?  15 matches in and I've only seen 2 rounds without T10 aa.  Had a Gearing destroy my flight before I could get one strike in.  I think it's safe to say I'm going to be delegated to fighting T10 exclusively.  It's becoming less than enjoyable very quickly, however, I don't want to give up just yet if there is a possibility to play against T8, IF that is possible.

Thank you kindly.

Modules and skills that boost your aircraft HP help.

The rest is practicing the mix of zig + zag + boost + slow ....

And you will always take damage, no matter what, under the AA mechanics. All you can do is mitigate it to the lowest possible level.

[PVE]
Members
7,865 posts
13,749 battles
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, Frenotx said:

I don't have issues with the bombs it is the torps. Can't hit a bloody thing with them. They seem to be super slow or something?

[ODIN]
Members
1,158 posts
3,194 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't have issues with the bombs it is the torps. Can't hit a bloody thing with them. They seem to be super slow or something?

They have basically the same speed as the USN torps. Torpedo acceleration is highly recommended.

[PVE]
Members
7,865 posts
13,749 battles
6 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

They have basically the same speed as the USN torps. Torpedo acceleration is highly recommended.

Was thinking of that once I have the extra pts. Thanks.

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
5,150 battles
2 hours ago, Frenotx said:

Heh, I disagree.

I guess it comes down to play style.

Torp accel gives you an extra 5 knots.

In punishment, you get an extended drop.

I see no real benefit - and it makes it harder to do a snap-turn to do a cross-drop.

The RN torp bomber 'flavour' is to get to drop at point-blank range about a ship's length ahead of the target (depending on its speed, of course).

When it comes to 'carpet bombing', I find the bombs seem to drop in 'rows'. This means a perfect parallel drop against cruisers and destroyers often 'straddles' (falls on either side), with minimal damage.

So I find a slight angle on the drop means the 'rows' of bombs will cross over their decks.

I loathe the rockets. They seem entirely RNG dependent and the Spitfires carrying them are so sluggish and unmaneuverable that they get shredded out of the sky. They're not even good spotters.

[ODIN]
Members
1,158 posts
3,194 battles
43 minutes ago, HMS_Formidable said:

Heh, I disagree.

I guess it comes down to play style.

Torp accel gives you an extra 5 knots.

In punishment, you get an extended drop.

I see no real benefit - and it makes it harder to do a snap-turn to do a cross-drop.

The RN torp bomber 'flavour' is to get to drop at point-blank range about a ship's length ahead of the target (depending on its speed, of course).

When it comes to 'carpet bombing', I find the bombs seem to drop in 'rows'. This means a perfect parallel drop against cruisers and destroyers often 'straddles' (falls on either side), with minimal damage.

So I find a slight angle on the drop means the 'rows' of bombs will cross over their decks.

I loathe the rockets. They seem entirely RNG dependent and the Spitfires carrying them are so sluggish and unmaneuverable that they get shredded out of the sky. They're not even good spotters.

The amount the arming distance increases in trivial. The arming TIME remains the same, so the increased arming distance is just how far something can travel at 5 knots in that time. I have 0 problem whipping around and doing immediate follow-up drops. The faster torpedoes allows for better cross drops on faster ships, and makes leading from strange angles a little less difficult.

Sign in to follow this