Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ihsasum

What is your best long range sniping shot on DD?

13 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,594 posts
13,598 battles

Not sure about mine but I got a good HE slapping from a Yammy at nearly 27km once. No doubt who did it, there were only two reds left and I was in a running gunfight with the other. Cost me a Kraken. 

[OO7]
Members
472 posts
5,644 battles

I think my most memorable was a kill secure shot on a 250hp yueyang from 18km out, using only the rear guns in my henri, while he was kiting away.

[CUTE]
Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
1 hour ago, ihsasum said:

here is mine

shot-19.03.12_11.26.06-0136.jpg

I can confirm that during CB two seasons ago our BB main Haida got a crossmap blind shot into the enemy spawn and hit their Yueyang

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I managed to kill one at over half health with a 10 second shot (around 16km maybe) in a Musashi with AP, it was quite pleasing. Surprised at how many DDs stay in a straight line, I find it fun wiggling all over the place in one even if no one sees me :p

• Cool 1

[HYPE]
Members
122 posts
41,367 battles
10 hours ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

I can confirm that during CB two seasons ago our BB main Haida got a crossmap blind shot into the enemy spawn and hit their Yueyang

over 20km i pressume? with what bb?

[CUTE]
Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
1 hour ago, ihsasum said:

over 20km i pressume? with what bb?

He was in Montana. Map was Tears of the Desert

[WOLF3]
Members
23,716 posts
21,154 battles

17-18km.  I was in some High Tier BB, can't remember exactly which one, but it was either USN or IJN.  AP Salvo.  Map was Land of Fire.

(Map sample not from the actual match itself, as this was over a year ago by now)

Image result for world of warships land of fire map

My BB was sailing southwards, at around F7 or G7, as we were wrapping up the match for the win.  We had a ship or two fighting reds at the 10 line.  An IJN DD was spotted sailing north at around H10 or G10.  I remember because when I scoped in on him, he was very close to the eastern map border and had not entered the cluster of islands yet.  I knew I had a very low probability to hit, but let off an AP salvo and just destroyed the DD with a multi-hit attack.  The aim was right and RNG blessed it where the dispersion was tight enough.

[HYPE]
Members
122 posts
41,367 battles

here is my 2nd best using 1.8 sigma musashi (but it took me 4 full salvos to score a single hit on this full speed shima who got perma spotted)

World of Warships 17_5_2018 22_43_19.png

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,696 posts

I think I killed one at 16km the other day.  He had vanished again by the time the shells hit him.  I'm sure he was pissed.

But to me, that's not as satisfying as the 22km+ range instant-delete of cruisers 2 min into the match.  Now *THAT* has to cause some rage.  I almost feel bad for them.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:53 AM, ihsasum said:

here is mine

shot-19.03.12_11.26.06-0136.jpg

Members
28 posts
12,158 battles

My most memorable was during a ranked battle. I hadn’t played ranked for several seasons, decided to give it a shot again. Don’t remember what level, but it was a tier VIII match. I’m in my Alabama. Team melts around me, and with 8 minutes to go, I am the only survivor of my team against 4 enemy ships (NC, Edinburgh, Benson, Amagi). Take out the low health Amagi, then snipe the Edinburgh in smoke for a dev strike. Kite away from NC until I wear him down and finally take him out. I’m low health, no more heals, behind on points, and less than 1 min left. Dodge torps  from unspotted DD while capping, although it won’t do me any good. Then Benson shoots with about 15 seconds left from ~9km kiting away. Let loose all three turrets of AP (no time to switch), and watch the most glorious RNG spread I have ever seen. 4 hits on target and a kill with 3 seconds left. Ended game with 6 kills (out of 7 enemies), kraken, confederate, high caliber, dev strike, and solo warrior. 

DD has the game locked up, no way I could spot him or win on points if he hadn’t taken those shots. Makes it all the sweeter...

[NFE]
Members
356 posts
3,112 battles
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, Tanuvein said:

I find it fun wiggling all over the place...even if no one sees me :p

Some say that's the best time to, uh, "wiggle".

Sign in to follow this