You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Does report player (plays poorly), actually do anything?

59 comments in this topic

Members
2,226 posts
4,847 battles

Just had a Roma on our team, literally sail straight down middle of map at start of game and proceeded to get instant blapped by entire enemy team. He didn't try, didn't maneuver, or make any notion that he had a brain in his head. These people seriously piss me off, because you can tell they are not even trying. They should seriously get sent back to training or coop with a lot of "plays poorly" submitted.

• Cool 1

[NOT]
Members
1,044 posts
6,282 battles

Report for chat spam or AFK are the one actually matter, others are just "feel good" buttons 

• Cool 1

Members
1,187 posts
21,031 battles
13 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

... just "feel good" buttons 

Yep... gives you a way to vent.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,286 posts
10,927 battles

I think getting reported for "plays poorly" can increase the likelihood of being DC'd or robbed of any profits per battle. WG doesn't list the punishments because players good and ill would abuse them.

Members
396 posts
13,657 battles
11 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

I think getting reported for "plays poorly" can increase the likelihood of being DC'd or robbed of any profits per battle. WG doesn't list the punishments because players good and ill would abuse them.

Played poorly increases the likelihood of being disconnected? WAT? Any supporting evidence?

Thanks!

[WOLFC]
Members
2,346 posts
13,331 battles
1 minute ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

Played poorly increases the likelihood of being disconnected? WAT? Any supporting evidence?

I think he's referring to Page 24, "Ye Olde Booke of Tinne Hats" ... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[H_]
Members
3,351 posts
14,936 battles

Look at it this way: there are about 12K players on line at prime NA time.   That's about 11K reported bad players........how much time would it take a moderator to review 11K reports and do something?  

I seriously doubt, our host does anything more than scan them and then, only looks for major conduct issues and then, performs the Ritual of Discovery and hits a button......  Good luck finding what the RoD entails or what it does cause in 1 year and 3 months now, I have never seen or heard of anyone being contacted, disconnected, suspended, chastised or even reprimanded !   Have you?  And, if so, what happened????

Edited by Asym_KS

[NWS]
Members
186 posts
5,576 battles
17 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Look at it this way: there are about 12K players on line at prime NA time.   That's about 11K reported bad players........how much time would it take a moderator to review 11K reports and do something?  

I seriously doubt, our host does anything more than scan them and then, only looks for major conduct issues and then, performs the Ritual of Discovery and hits a button......  Good luck finding what the RoD entails or what it does cause in 1 year and 3 months now, I have never seen or heard of anyone being contacted, disconnected, suspended, chastised or even reprimanded !   Have you?  And, if so, what happened????

Then why have it there, seems pointless to me. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,308 posts

Other than telling them: " [edited]!!" ?   No.

That is, of course, if they're paying attention and actually see the you were reported notification in the 5 seconds it's up there.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,113 posts
6,374 battles

I was reported (while playing a CV) after saying 'my team sucked' in All Chat. I said it because we were steamrolled in the first 10 minutes and in the end, didnt sink a single ship and the match was over shortly after....lost every cap, never contested a cap. I didnt single out anyone, didnt use profanity (not that Im above that lol), nor was I unsporting and I ended up at the top of my team for XP.

Perhaps I was reported for being a CV lol

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,308 posts
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Just had a Roma on our team, literally sail straight down middle of map at start of game and proceeded to get instant blapped by entire enemy team. He didn't try, didn't maneuver, or make any notion that he had a brain in his head. These people seriously piss me off, because you can tell they are not even trying. They should seriously get sent back to training or coop with a lot of "plays poorly" submitted.

They're already IN Co-op- in droves- and they're ruining the mode for everyone else with their "I don't give a rat's fanny" mentality.

We don't need more!

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Does report player (plays poorly), actually do anything?

No. It's a pressure relief valve for crybabies. Nothing more.

• Cool 1

[_-X-_]
Members
1 post
2,182 battles
14 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

No. It's a pressure relief valve for crybabies. Nothing more.

Agree with this 100%

• Cool 1

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
715 posts
28 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

I was reported (while playing a CV) after saying 'my team sucked' in All Chat. I said it because we were steamrolled in the first 10 minutes and in the end, didnt sink a single ship and the match was over shortly after....lost every cap, never contested a cap. I didnt single out anyone, didnt use profanity (not that Im above that lol), nor was I unsporting and I ended up at the top of my team for XP.

Perhaps I was reported for being a CV lol

No, you got reported for insulting your team. Its a small insult, but its enough for the report system to see it.

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,791 posts
10,099 battles
26 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

if they're paying attention and actually see the you were reported notification in the 5 seconds it's up there.

Were does it come up I never see reported notifications during the game or complemented notifications . Only complemented when I looked in notifications after the game was over .

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles

Keeps me from shooting the person myself.  Besides that, not really.  Yesterday I had at least 1 battleship decide to sit on my butt while in my Yammy in every game I played.  Not pick another angle to force the enemy to expose themselves to one of us.  Sit right on my butt.

It was infuriating.  Ruined the position I got myself into and made both of us less effective, plus I was engaged and unable to reposition by that point because I was committed.  I wanted to punch them thru the monitor for breathing my air.  I logged off after this because when a game gets you angry, its time to do something else. lol

Edited by Psicopro

[WOLFG]
Members
7,785 posts
5,816 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Were does it come up I never see reported notifications during the game or complemented notifications . Only complemented when I looked in notifications after the game was over .

If you compliment while the game is going on, it shows up in the chat window.  I would think that a report does the same.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,791 posts
10,099 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If you compliment while the game is going on, it shows up in the chat window.  I would think that a report does the same.

Thanks I don't even know how to report someone during the game only after the game . I have had people tell me I don't know what I'm doing and I stink during the game in chat and I have had people tell me good game in the chat too but never a reported notification in the chat during the game . I have even been PM twice to tell me I stunk after the game 

[INTEL]
Members
2,616 posts
13,815 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

I seriously doubt a human reviews any of these reports unless:

1. A report comes into Support.  Even then I think it might have to meet some other threshold criteria.
  2. The system automatically flags an account with a certain number of AFK or misbehavior in chat reports within a certain period of time.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,791 posts
10,099 battles
Just now, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Does nothing; accomplishes nothing. 

No doubt but a complement is always nice to hear after a really good game .

• Cool 3