You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Cool good , Nothing

26 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
9,231 posts
16,123 battles

Really cool. How can I do a mission that I can't do? I have tried for 3 days to get 30 planes, I have 3. stupid to make a 30 plane mission for DDs and CAs when there are never any planes to shoot. You have my next to nothing vote, WG. Good thinking, NOT!. Another Lame event, not thought out. Start thinking different. 4 days and no planes, great, fun, not. Thank you for every mode but Random. The only way to make sure you get a plane is to div with a CV. Yea, I can't do that at any given moment. Take the Exeter and put it where the Exeter don't shine. I'll get it next Christmas. [edited]. To put it differently,  I should not have to be looking forward to Christmas in March. I can wait though. Great  Marketing, not.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,329 posts
5 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Really cool. How can I do a mission that I can't do? I have tried for 3 days to get 30 planes, I have 3. stupid to make a 30 plane mission for DDs and CAs when there are never any planes to shoot. you have my next to nothing vote WG. Good thinking, NOT!. Another Lame event, not thought out. Start thinking different. 4 days and no planes, great, fun, not. Thank you for every mode but Random. The only way to make sure you get a plane is to div with a CV. Yea, I can't do that at any given moment. Take the Exeter and put it where the Exeter don't shine. I'll get it next Christmas. [edited].

Although the thread is likely to be locked, I totally agree that it does not seem that those who implemented the recent Exeter Campaign actually thought of what they were doing, or just didn't care.

As someone who isn't bothered with the ship anyway, WG either failed to grasp what they were asking for, or intended the 'oversight' in order to get players to play what they want them to play.

Either way, it really does reflect a lack of  'connection' with the player base. Of course WG do not want to alienate their customers, but with so many controversial choices: Exeter, GC, CVs, this is not a good time for WG.

It is time their customer relations department went to action  stations! I would even suggest a big giveaway like the Exeter ship, with some kind of 'stay with us through these issues' message. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[NO]
Members
369 posts
14,761 battles

a good tip is to get closer....cvs usually drop ships that are closer or ships that are more alone then other ships...make yourself cv bait

edit...typos

Edited by holycrazyasian

[5D]
Members
885 posts
11,452 battles

If CV wasn't nerfed soo.much you would see.them more but people were crying about CV being op now.they are nearly useless

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
741 posts
14,794 battles

Really? I got this done in two battles in my Lyon. So, I've been seeing quite a few carriers at tier 7. I'd recommend AA speccing a BB and sailing away from the team and waiting for the inevitable onslaught. The Hood is also doable if you have one plus it takes care of another mission. Also, the Scharnhorst seemed to attract quite a bit of carrier attention as well. 

Good hunting. 

[TBW]
Members
9,231 posts
16,123 battles
1 minute ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Really? I got this done in two battles in my Lyon. So, I've been seeing quite a few carriers at tier 7. I'd recommend AA speccing a BB and sailing away from the team and waiting for the inevitable onslaught. The Hood is also doable if you have one plus it takes care of another mission. Also, the Scharnhorst seemed to attract quite a bit of carrier attention as well. 

Good hunting. 

It must be that I am switching tiers but aint seen a CV all weekend, go figure. It feels lame, like a lot of not too well thought out missions by WG because it alters the meta as to make it, well, stupid.

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,412 battles

Stick to tier 6 and 7 ships, that's where I found the planes I needed for the mission. 

Beta Testers
1,383 posts

division up with someone in a CV. guaranteed to get an opposing CV then.

Theres chat channels for looking for a division.

• Cool 2

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,488 posts
9,187 battles

Anti-CV crowds got what they wanted and have had carriers nerfed to the point they aren't fun to play.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Cool 2

[LSNB]
Members
1,321 posts
3,927 battles

Hmm... I guess I got lucky then. 22 planes ran into my Cleveland since I was one of the last ship in the battle.

[RLGN]
Members
12,631 posts
22,455 battles
1 hour ago, Ashy_GB said:

Stick to tier 6 and 7 ships, that's where I found the planes I needed for the mission. 

Cleared the 30 shootdown Exeter task with a 65 shootdown in a DFAA Nicholas...

...the next game I shot down 71...

1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

Anti-CV crowds got what they wanted and have had carriers nerfed to the point they aren't fun to play.

Pretty much.

Also, I wonder if OP is playing Co-op?

Usually see at least one carrier/side in my recent Randoms, though I have had no cv games.

• Cool 1

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,876 battles

@Sovereigndawg I started that task Thursday or Friday and even though I am poor in random finished it and the other plane kill directives Monday 

[A-I-M]
Members
2,328 posts
11,622 battles
2 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I'd recommend AA speccing a BB and sailing away from the team and waiting for the inevitable onslaught. The Hood is also doable if you have one plus it takes care of another mission. Also, the Scharnhorst seemed to attract quite a bit of carrier attention as well.

Except the Exeter mission for 30 planes requires  US, British, or Commonwealth cruisers or destroyers, T5-T8 only.

The OP is not talking about the Fly Strike Win task.

[FML]
Members
3,293 posts
13,945 battles
3 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Really cool. How can I do a mission that I can't do? I have tried for 3 days to get 30 planes, I have 3. stupid to make a 30 plane mission for DDs and CAs when there are never any planes to shoot. You have my next to nothing vote, WG. Good thinking, NOT!. Another Lame event, not thought out. Start thinking different. 4 days and no planes, great, fun, not. Thank you for every mode but Random. The only way to make sure you get a plane is to div with a CV. Yea, I can't do that at any given moment. Take the Exeter and put it where the Exeter don't shine. I'll get it next Christmas. F YOU. To put it differently,  I should not have to be looking forward to Christmas in March. I can wait though. Great  Marketing, not.

I just got 10 planes in my Mutsuki (the B hull) in one battle. 

It is achievable. 

Members
85 posts

Yap, this was a bad timing on this mission. They release a mission that requires planes when CVs are being changed every couple of weeks. I have accepted I won't be able to finish this one already. Started the missions late because I was on a break and then went to LWM's Exeter Review and it didn't really make me that interested. Her final veredict was the ship is OP but now that WG is nerfing premiums, this might end up being nerfed one day. Still a premium ship for free, will keep trying but I won't push any limits for it. 

3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

What a surprise! You out of everybody in this forum talking about the side effects of people asking for unreasonable nerfs to a class. Oh the irony...

Edited by SheikTheDog
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
741 posts
14,794 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Except the Exeter mission for 30 planes requires  US, British, or Commonwealth cruisers or destroyers, T5-T8 only.

The OP is not talking about the Fly Strike Win task.

Gotcha. I'm still grinding for the Exeter and am waiting for the next stage to start. I was seeing plenty of carriers at T7 though so grab the Helena and hope for the best. Fiji is also a great choice with it's pretty decent AA plus smoke. 

Beta Testers
252 posts
3,330 battles

Your opening line reminds me of some type of mission I got for the Massachusetts.  

I won the Massachusetts Black and they gave me missions for the Massachusetts.  But since I have the "B" version, the battles are not counting towards the mission.  The mission pops up on the left side of the port every time I hop in the ship.

As for your problem, good luck.

[TDRB]
Members
3,884 posts
11,689 battles

While I have finished all but one of the missions to down planes, I agree this was a poor time to have these missions. However, I'm assuming WG believed they would have the CV issues closer to balanced at this time.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,709 posts
13,905 battles
5 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I should not have to be looking forward to Christmas in March

What about Christmas in July, now that is something to look forward to.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,328 posts
11,622 battles
57 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Gotcha. I'm still grinding for the Exeter and am waiting for the next stage to start. I was seeing plenty of carriers at T7 though so grab the Helena and hope for the best. Fiji is also a great choice with it's pretty decent AA plus smoke. 

Fiji may  be the shrewder choice - because of the reputation of Helena or Cleveland, CV players are likely to stay away, but they might be more willing to come after a Fiji or Edinburgh.

[INTEL]
Members
1,593 posts
13,583 battles
6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Really cool. How can I do a mission that I can't do? I have tried for 3 days to get 30 planes, I have 3. stupid to make a 30 plane mission for DDs and CAs when there are never any planes to shoot. You have my next to nothing vote, WG. Good thinking, NOT!. Another Lame event, not thought out. Start thinking different. 4 days and no planes, great, fun, not. Thank you for every mode but Random. The only way to make sure you get a plane is to div with a CV. Yea, I can't do that at any given moment. Take the Exeter and put it where the Exeter don't shine. I'll get it next Christmas. [edited]. To put it differently,  I should not have to be looking forward to Christmas in March. I can wait though. Great  Marketing, not.

Div with a CV player. You know a few.

Alpha Tester
401 posts
9,150 battles
3 hours ago, Dratt_Dastardly said:

Your opening line reminds me of some type of mission I got for the Massachusetts.  

I won the Massachusetts Black and they gave me missions for the Massachusetts.  But since I have the "B" version, the battles are not counting towards the mission.  The mission pops up on the left side of the port every time I hop in the ship.

As for your problem, good luck.

You're mad because one free tier 8 didn't turn into two??

Doesn't work that way

[NG-NL]
Members
6,038 posts
9,663 battles
7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It must be that I am switching tiers but aint seen a CV all weekend, go figure. It feels lame, like a lot of not too well thought out missions by WG because it alters the meta as to make it, well, stupid.

Do you want to div up w/ me tonight (CST) and try again for the planes? I got a Hermes and am close to unlocking Furious, so can ensure you get some chances.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,585 posts
10,133 battles
7 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Good hunting. 

Yeah... it's a bit of RNGesus playing with the strings.    Some folks will be blessed, get CVs every match, and finish the mission quickly.

Sometimes, RNGesus puts you in the dog house, and you see a CV once every five matches.     You then try to trick RNGesus by jumping in a DD.    And even when you get the CV, the planes come nowhere near you.   You even beg the CV to send planes.   LOL.

Your advice on taking a BB and isolating yourself seems to be good advice (for the mission - your team might not thank you for it, though).     If RNGesus ain't playing, you may have to purposely expose yourself to get the CVs attention.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,312 posts
9 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

WG is all pie in the sky, they thought they'd have 50% of the player base playing CV's....:Smile_teethhappy: