Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

GK Kaptains...Advice needed...

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

338
[SHAFT]
Members
732 posts
15,517 battles

Hi Folks,

So I finally finished the grind to unlock the GK legendary module and I needed some advice regarding whether to respeck the current captain I have to maximise the effectiveness of this particular spice package.

About three months ago I changed over from a full secondary build to a anti fire/concealment build as I found it was near impossible to survive to the mid game running said build.

However with the recent changes to ship detection and the frequency of cvs I am questioning whether having concealment makes sense anymore. Even with the captain skill and the conceal mod my detect is around 14k and an being spotted by cvs well outside of my aa range.

My question really is does anyone still run a full secondary build on this boat or is a hybrid still the better option to go for minus the concealment.

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile trying the following build instead.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100010000100100019

 

GK.png

Edited by Rabin69
left image out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,402
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,099 battles

no parts of these planes where made in china

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[POP]
Members
1,540 posts
19,557 battles

    I think that's pretty close to what I am using for mine, seems to work fine.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[SHAFT]
Members
732 posts
15,517 battles
Just now, Alabamastan said:

    I think that's pretty close to what I am using for mine, seems to work fine.

Is that with the legendary mod and the 406s? Thinking with the faster reload to the main battery the 420s might be more viable now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[POP]
Members
1,540 posts
19,557 battles
2 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Is that with the legendary mod and the 406s? Thinking with the faster reload to the main battery the 420s might be more viable now.

    I swapped to the 420s myself, I think either are viable. If the meta is extra cruiser heavy I will go 406, if its extra bow campy or BB heavy I will run 420s.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,980 posts
4,104 battles
38 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Hi Folks,

So I finally finished the grind to unlock the GK legendary module and I needed some advice regarding whether to respeck the current captain I have to maximise the effectiveness of this particular spice package.

About three months ago I changed over from a full secondary build to a anti fire/concealment build as I found it was near impossible to survive to the mid game running said build.

However with the recent changes to ship detection and the frequency of cvs I am questioning whether having concealment makes sense anymore. Even with the captain skill and the conceal mod my detect is around 14k and an being spotted by cvs well outside of my aa range.

My question really is does anyone still run a full secondary build on this boat or is a hybrid still the better option to go for minus the concealment.

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile trying the following build instead.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100010000100100019

 

GK.png

There is so many viable builds for GK. The only immediate issue I see with your build is BFT over SI. The extra heal is worth SO much more than an extra .2 seconds on your secondaries. 

 

Obviously, swapping FP for MFSA is a viable option for a secondary build as well. IFHE secondaries are a big plus on GK, but you sacrifice (probably) BoS and AR.

 

GK is a meatbag. And a fat plump one too. If you are playing GK, I would opt to go for a secondary build as opposed to trying to do a competitive survival. Dont have to go all in for IFHE and/or BFT, but MFSA is so much more fun than trying to be competitive and reduce dmg. Its pub games. Its not a close match with skilled players on either team. Give yourself a good laugh and let the free dmg roll in with a secondary build.

 

TL;DR- Swapping BFT for Superintendent is a MUST imo, and you will have much more fun with MFSA, but if you wanna tank, feel free.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[SHAFT]
Members
732 posts
15,517 battles
20 hours ago, _1204_ said:

There is so many viable builds for GK. The only immediate issue I see with your build is BFT over SI. The extra heal is worth SO much more than an extra .2 seconds on your secondaries. 

 

Obviously, swapping FP for MFSA is a viable option for a secondary build as well. IFHE secondaries are a big plus on GK, but you sacrifice (probably) BoS and AR.

 

GK is a meatbag. And a fat plump one too. If you are playing GK, I would opt to go for a secondary build as opposed to trying to do a competitive survival. Dont have to go all in for IFHE and/or BFT, but MFSA is so much more fun than trying to be competitive and reduce dmg. Its pub games. Its not a close match with skilled players on either team. Give yourself a good laugh and let the free dmg roll in with a secondary build.

 

TL;DR- Swapping BFT for Superintendent is a MUST imo, and you will have much more fun with MFSA, but if you wanna tank, feel free.

Decided to take your advise and went MFSA and SI.

Not too bad for a first game I think. Could have done more but the reds ran out of points. Was just about to focus the secondaries on their Yammy.

 

 

shot-19.03.12_19.35.02-0400.jpg

shot-19.03.12_19.35.10-0530.jpg

shot-19.03.12_19.37.17-0023.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×