You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gnomestroy

Tier 4 Aircraft Carriers are EXTREMELY broken, in the WORST way imaginable

14 comments in this topic

[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles

All Tier 3 ships have negligible AA. I literally cannot lose ANY planes, no matter how many attack runs I make over a Nassau or a St. Louis.

Tier 4 AA balance is wonky, to say the least. Some battleships like the Courbet have AA that's basically useless, while others like the Orion munch planes like crazy. And let's not forget about the destroyers with non-existent AA, such as the Isokaze or V-170

At Tier 5, any attack I make on a battleship or cruiser is a suicide run. Even if I only make 2 attack dives over your average Tier 5 cruiser - say the Furutaka- I can expect to lose more than 4 planes after recalling the squadron. If the Catapult fighter is in the air, then it's quite likely I'm going to lose my entire squad. When attacking BB's, the clouds of flak make it nearly impossible to survive a single bombing run.

So basically, in top tier games, the CVs dominate. I can bomb (almost) any ship I want, and there's nothing anybody can do to stop me. In bottom tier games, CVs are basically useless for doing damage. I'm basically guaranteed to lose half of my squadron should I ever come within 3 km of a tier 5 BB, and that's an optimistic estimate.

• Cool 6

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

Also, T4 CVs only launch one torpedo.  It would be nice if they slashed damage of the ONE and give us maybe 2 or 3 torps per run.
I find tier 4 a lot harder to play than T6 was back when I was testing on the open test server.  Ouch.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,772 battles

I didn't see any complaint about T6...

Oh noes! Protected match making both up and down!!

Seriously- botes with limited AA roll with their peeps or get rekt.

• Boring 1

Members
1,995 posts
6,233 battles

Its not broken it represents the CV abilities of the late 1930's to about 1942. Half the navy ships had no AA. after 1942 the navy realized CV's were the king of the see and Capital ships installed AA battery's all over the ship. By the end of the war The Japaneses pilots were lucky to get close to a ship. At Tier 10 you will see how AA improved.

Edited by Raven114
  • Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,455 posts
4,643 battles

This issue persists across all CVs up to Tier 10, where the "Loss all my planes" aspect is the only thing that really ever happens, with the occasional T8 ship you can bully.

It never gets any better.

[RKLES]
Members
11,274 posts
12,700 battles

Hermes is fun seal clubber since it can eat 200 HE hits from a tier 5 DD. Found this out USN my Nicholas shelling a Hermermes at medium to close range and no ships from either side in range to interfere. The secret is the fact Hermes has some armor plating that allows it to survive far longer that it’s rivals

[SIMP]
Members
1,392 posts

Honestly, I think Tier 4 CVs should have a -1, +0 match maker.

They WANT more people to play CVs - that was one of the big points to the whole rework. Well, if peoples first experiences in them are getting obliterated by T5 ships, you can bet very few people will grind out the enormous 68k XP (at T4 earnings) to get to Tier 6. Having T4 CVs only fight T3 and T4 ships are balanced by the fact that they do absolute crap damage - even when the CV player has good skills. 

In addition, T6 CVs should only see -1, +1 matchmaking for the same reason. They still do crap damage even with good hit after hit after hit. And going against T8 ships? lol ! - you will do more for your team yolo ramming than what good the planes will do. T6 CV in T8 games are nearly worthless other than spotting - and just how fun is that? (again - WG has said they want more CVs to be played - T6 vs T8 aint the way to do it.) 

Members
854 posts
14,046 battles
4 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

stly, I think Tier 4 CVs should have a -1, +0 match maker.

If this would mean my tier 5 ship has that much lower chance of seeing a CV I am TOTALLY all for this.

[YETI]
Beta Testers
2,915 posts
23,980 battles
1 hour ago, Raven114 said:

Its not broken it represents the CV abilities of the late 1930's to about 1942. Half the navy ships had no AA. after 1942 the navy realized CV's were the king of the see and Capital ships installed AA battery's all over the ship. By the end of the war The Japaneses pilots were lucky to get close to a ship. At Tier 10 you will see how AA improved.

It's very broken open your eyes

Members
110 posts
7 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

It's very broken open your eyes

Actually its all in perspective and opinion.  No one needs to open their eyes becuase they don't agree with you.  Some people may think it's fine while other think it's broken.  Unless the whole community thinks its broken then it's just fine...for those who have figured them out.  People who want to scream 'open your eyes' are those people who can't accept that other people may have an opinion that differs from their own and they don't know how to handle it other than screaming.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,156 posts
29,055 battles

I've decided to learn how to somewhat play CV's now and the Langley and Hermes are great.  Just CV with training wheels in coop,

[YETI]
Beta Testers
2,915 posts
23,980 battles
17 minutes ago, Raven_Floki said:

Actually its all in perspective and opinion.  No one needs to open their eyes becuase they don't agree with you.  Some people may think it's fine while other think it's broken.  Unless the whole community thinks its broken then it's just fine...for those who have figured them out.  People who want to scream 'open your eyes' are those people who can't accept that other people may have an opinion that differs from their own and they don't know how to handle it other than screaming.

Half way through your sentence got lost what your talking about ? In short it's Broken period . You're probably the same group of people that said subs will never come into this game 3-4 years ago when I mentioned that sooner or later they will be in this game.....  My guess is coming true...…. 

Members
110 posts
1 minute ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Half way through your sentence got lost what your talking about ? In short it's Broken period . You're probably the same group of people that said subs will never come into this game 3-4 years ago when I mentioned that sooner or later they will be in this game.....  My guess is coming true...…. 

Ignorance is bliss.  I'm a new player and very observant.  So if they are so broken 'period' than why are there many people very successful with them?  You see you're one of those people who cries when they don't get their way I'm guessing