You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

The 3rd brit cv pack via fly sky,ive ground the first 2 packs myself...

30 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Ive ground 2 cv brit packs myself but the third is hard work and after grinding 2 packs im kinda worn out. :cap_fainting:

Should i bung $20 in the air drops to help me out some or deffo not?

Thanks for your help appreciated.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,854 posts
4,099 battles

If you want Implacable you'll need to spend some money.  Calculations show that even getting 100% of the free Florins available by playing you still won't have enough to get Implacable.

I am pondering the option myself, but haven't decided.

[PVE]
Members
4,129 posts
22,432 battles

Is it even possible to get the 3rd one just from grinding? I had heard (but haven't tried to figure it out for myself) that the 3rd can't be obtained through what they give from regular play.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

If you want Implacable you'll need to spend some money.  Calculations show that even getting 100% of the free Florins available by playing you still won't have enough to get Implacable.

I am pondering the option myself, but haven't decided.

Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Is it even possible to get the 3rd one just from grinding? I had heard (but haven't tried to figure it out for myself) that the 3rd can't be obtained through what they give from regular play.

that the 3rd can't be obtained through what they give from regular play.

Surely legally wg has to tell us it needs cash to win the pack? and not just through general grinding?

Im not sure about this buying air drops for cash now..................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Boring 1

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,063 battles

I think I bought 4 batches of 5 and still 600 short...so I should be able to get it by about Sunday...another of mine figured after buying 5 that he should just have to buy 1 more to get it I think...

[PVE]
Members
4,129 posts
22,432 battles
8 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Surely legally wg has to tell us it needs cash to win the pack?

Can you quote that law? Nothing is being taken from you if you don't win it as you didn't have it before so I can't see a legal precedence for that.

There's also (I do believe) certain CCs that give out Air Supply containers in their streams & other out of game ways of obtaining them (such as participating in the Maskerado event) that don't require cash when added to the in game methods of obtaining the needed resources.

Edit: Also the ship is a tree ship that can be acquired in game through play w/no cash at all needed to obtain it...the packs just give you early access.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
9,160 battles

Has anyone crunched the numbers as to how many crates you would have to buy to get Implacable?

[ENL]
[ENL]
Members
7 posts
18,188 battles

If you have 6,000 doubloons you can buy 150 crowns then in the 4th week convert them into 1,200 florins. Added to what you get for free you will have enough.

You can get 1,100 florins from fly strike win + 100 florins from daily shipments + 1,200 florins from daily missions + 480 florins converted from the 60 extra crowns (you can get 360 crowns for free but you only need 300)  = 2,880 florins

2,880 + 1,200 (from the doubloons) = 4,080 florins. 

You only need 3,900 florins for all 3 carriers.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Can you quote that law? Nothing is being taken from you if you don't win it as you didn't have it before so I can't see a legal precedence for that.

There's also (I do believe) certain CCs that give out Air Supply containers in their streams & other out of game ways of obtaining them (such as participating in the Maskerado event) that don't require cash when added to the in game methods of obtaining the needed resources.

So i could grind for 30 years towards the third pack and never get enough currency to buy said pack.

I would like the info upfront if the grind requires cash its called common sense.

Quote...............Can you quote that law? Nothing is being taken from you if you don't win it as you didn't have it before so I can't see a legal precedence for that.

Thats really bad mate ,you sound like wg. You brought the cash thing up not me. You get your facts right before commenting thanks.

[PVE]
Members
4,129 posts
22,432 battles
1 minute ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

So i could grind for 30 years towards the third pack and never get enough currency to buy said pack.

I would like the info upfront if the grind requires cash its called common sense.

Quote...............Can you quote that law? Nothing is being taken from you if you don't win it as you didn't have it before so I can't see a legal precedence for that.

Thats really bad mate ,you sound like wg. You brought the cash thing up not me. You get your facts right before commenting thanks.

17 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

that the 3rd can't be obtained through what they give from regular play.

Surely legally wg has to tell us it needs cash to win the pack? and not just through general grinding?

Im not sure about this buying air drops for cash now..................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dude...it was only like 15 minutes ago.

Can I get some of that green your smoking...sound like you got the good stuff.

[ENL]
[ENL]
Members
7 posts
18,188 battles

If you prefer to spend money.

You can get 1,100 florins from fly strike win + 100 florins from daily shipments + 1,200 florins from daily missions + 480 florins converted from the 60 extra crowns (you can get 360 crowns for free but you only need 300)  = 2,880 florins

buy 11 air supply  boxes and you will have enough florins: 2,880 + 1,100 = 3,980

or

buy 7 air supply  boxes and spend 2,000 doubloons (50 crowns convert to 400 florins) and you will have enough florins: 2,880 + 700 + 400 = 3,980

or

buy 3 air supply  boxes and spend 4,000 doubloons (100 crowns convert to 800 florins)and you will have enough florins: 2,880 + 300 + 8000 = 3,980

And yes I have too much free time

• Cool 1

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Edit: Ninja'd

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, CeJay said:

If you prefer to spend money.

buy 11 air supply  boxes and you will have enough florins: 2,880 + 1,100 = 3,980

or

buy 7 air supply  boxes and spend 2,000 doubloons (50 crowns convert to 400 florins) and you will have enough florins: 2,880 + 700 + 400 = 3,980

or

buy 3 air supply  boxes and spend 4,000 doubloons (100 crowns convert to 800 florins)and you will have enough florins: 2,880 + 300 + 8000 = 3,980

And yes I have too much free time

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,555 posts
29 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Ive ground 2 cv brit packs myself but the third is hard work and after grinding 2 packs im kinda worn out. :cap_fainting:

The weather is finally getting nice around here.

Think I'll try fixing up the house for a while.  If the weather closes in -- this game will still be there.

Money??  We can always Free XP it later.  Not like it's the Imperator Nicholai..

But I'll spreadsheet the cost of T6-T8 CV == 158000XP or around $31 US...   Less what you have on the T6... so if you want it, and you have the T6...   that's what it'd cost.

If you can cheaper it down with drops, or just grind it if you've been using the T6 a lot..

How much XP do you have on the T6??

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

The weather is finally getting nice around here.

Think I'll try fixing up the house for a while.  If the weather closes in -- this game will still be there.

Money??  We can always Free XP it later.  Not like it's the Imperator Nicholai..

But I'll spreadsheet the cost of T6-T8 CV == 158000XP or around $31 US...   Less what you have on the T6... so if you want it, and you have the T6...   that's what it'd cost.

If you can cheaper it down with drops, or just grind it if you've been using the T6 a lot..

How much XP do you have on the T6??

Thanks.

Im so tired with working im not sure how much i can actually play right now. The last 2 packs have worn me out and a mouse ate something in my pc so im using a backup.:cap_fainting:

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,063 battles

Well, if the T8 takes 484k of FXP to go to T10...which since that's what I can get back from Midway I think that's what it costs...

converting at 25-1 is almost 90 bucks worth of doubloons...so I figured going for the T8 if I can get it Sunday and grind the exp out and save the FXP...I still break even roughly...

[PVE]
Members
4,129 posts
22,432 battles
11 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

44 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Is $20 not cash where you come from?

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,556 posts
13,987 battles

$20 is definitely a must to get the t8 CV <-- this is early access option + other freebies

Or you can play t6 now, stock up the XP needed for t8 and then wait till the brit CV officially available and purchase it <-- this is a free to no pay option

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Is $20 not cash where you come from?

Ok im tired and your [edited] is killing me.

I said should i bung $20 into the grind to help me out.

You said that i have to bung $20 into the grind as its not possible to get it without.

ARE WE CLEAR AND STRAIGHT NOW?

[PVE]
Members
4,129 posts
22,432 battles
3 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Ok im tired and your [edited] is killing me.

I said should i bung $20 into the grind to help me out.

You said that i have to bung $20 into the grind as its not possible to get it without.

ARE WE CLEAR AND STRAIGHT NOW?

Straight would require a lack of people wasting everybody else's time on the forums w/comments of how WG needs to have some kind of disclaimer added in or give them everything for free.

Still waiting for that law/legal precedence. That would straighten things out nicely as that was the comment that actually started all of this. (actually as that law/legal precedence doesn't exist just an end to annoying comments like that in the forums would be "straight" on my accounts).

Members
2,242 posts
4,866 battles

I bough x40 air supply containers. I’m swimming in florins right now. What I don’t have is enough crowns yet. Only have 27 right now and I need 150.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Straight would require a lack of people wasting everybody else's time on the forums w/comments of how WG needs to have some kind of disclaimer added in or give them everything for free.

Still waiting for that law/legal precedence. That would straighten things out nicely as that was the comment that actually started all of this. (actually as that law/legal precedence doesn't exist just an end to annoying comments like that in the forums would be "straight" on my accounts).

We are done go away.

Dont post on my gear again.

Members
3,105 posts
11,254 battles
2 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

We are done go away.

Dont post on my gear again.

Out of curiosity Abyss, where in the states are you from? You use some very odd slang/terminology Ive never seen before.

Like, "Should I bung $20"; "Dont post on my gear".

Ive never seen anyone use those terms in that manner. 

[KAPPA]
Members
1,309 posts
7,116 battles

To me this sounds like a question of 'is it worth it?'. Having gone and spent the cash to do it myself and tried Implacable out (in co-op at least), I feel that if you are into CVs, Implacable is likely worth it. The planes are indeed tanky, the gimmick bombing runs that were so underwhelming on Hermes and Furious are actually reasonably good and reliable at starting fires, the torps are still 'eh' but usable, and the rockets are almost as good as rockets used to be for other CVs, though still fairly low on reliable damage numbers. There are downsides of course, low plane 'capacity' and slow regen rate mean that if you do start getting shot down, it hurts a lot, Implacable herself is a big visible target if you get caught out and if things get to secondary range, don't count on them doing anything useful to help. Overall, I actually like the ugly British tub, despite my experiences with the other two.

That's my short version review, hopefully it helps you decide if it's worth it to you, as that is where the final decision lies

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Out of curiosity Abyss, where in the states are you from? You use some very odd slang/terminology Ive never seen before.

Like, "Should I bung $20"; "Dont post on my gear".

Ive never seen anyone use those terms in that manner. 

Northern england.