You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_no_one_

About the Furious WG.

39 comments in this topic

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles

I finally got the Furious and i went to the training room to do some testings.

So explain this to me WG. How can it be, the Hurricane to be slower and have worse turn rate than the Barracuda? They already have the most useless weapon in game and they aren't the best for scouting?

Why are you giving us 4x1 bomber squadrons when the bombs are so weak? You are expecting us to make 4 drops with the powerful AA we have in game? Why don't you make 2x2? This way it would feel ok to use the bombers and the player wouldn't a) waste time trying to do more attacks just to see the planes dying or b) wouldn't need to drop the payload in the water against nothing to prevent losing planes in the attacks.

What i see now looking to the Furious is a Ryujo V2 , except with bad bombers.

I am getting furious about this decisions WG. It seems you guys don't have any idea about what to do with carriers. Makes no sense.

• Cool 3

[SIDE]
Members
827 posts
4,982 battles

I do feel that 1 bomber only makes the Furious a poor choice for that.  Having 2x torpedo drops though is amazing on that thing.

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
1 minute ago, Merlox said:

I do feel that 1 bomber only makes the Furious a poor choice for that.  Having 2x torpedo drops though is amazing on that thing.

Same story with the herpes at T4. only using torps. For a tech tree that was supposed to have an interesting bomber mechanic i don't see any reason to use them.

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
6,179 posts
5,624 battles

OP, I can understand why you are getting... furious about Furious (lol pun), because I would also be furious about Furious if I were in your furious shoes. It's not just Furious that's making things furious, but pretty much all CV's are feeling furious to play furiously. It's only the unicums who can make ships like Furious to be furiously effective, but as we all know, WG is furiously balancing the CV's around the furious play of furiously effective unicums, while leaving the rest of the CV players feeling helpless and furious about the whole situation, and most of them furiously end up dropping the CV's furiously in furious frustration. I can't deny that I am also furiously furious about the current furious storm called CV rework, so I have furiously decided not to bother with Furious, even though I have Hermes.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,011 posts
23 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I can't deny that I am also furiously furious about the current furious storm called CV rework, so I have furiously decided not to bother with Furious, even though I have Hermes.

You should.  It's a free ship that is easy to get for starters.  It's carpet bombs are in fact not great....at all.  It's torp planes though are pretty awesome and it has become one of my favorite CVs.

I think ignoreing these free ships is a mistake.  We all know WG.  All it takes is one patch for something to go from meh (which it really isn't) to something amazing.  You never know when you are suddenly going to wish you had something you passed up on when it was easy to get.

I would not want to grind through the T4 to get the T6 after the event ends.  It will take a lot longer to get it that way, than it does right now.

Members
1,697 posts
8,636 battles
15 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

OP, I can understand why you are getting... furious about Furious (lol pun),

Damn it I clicked on this post to make that pun! oh well +1 fro beating me.

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
17,920 battles
45 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Same story with the herpes at T4. only using torps. For a tech tree that was supposed to have an interesting bomber mechanic i don't see any reason to use them.

Ditto.  I took the Hermes out for 1 battle, and the bombs would not pen a BB most of the time.  I think out of 16 bomb hits, only 2 penned for any damage.  A clanmate tried them on a cruiser with pretty much the same effect.  The bombers for the Hermes are pretty much useless.

I was able to get damage with the Furious bombers though.

Edited by DreadRaybo

[SALVO]
Members
23,923 posts
24,447 battles
1 hour ago, _no_one_ said:

I finally got the Furious and i went to the training room to do some testings.

So explain this to me WG. How can it be, the Hurricane to be slower and have worse turn rate than the Barracuda? They already have the most useless weapon in game and they aren't the best for scouting?

Why are you giving us 4x1 bomber squadrons when the bombs are so weak? You are expecting us to make 4 drops with the powerful AA we have in game? Why don't you make 2x2? This way it would feel ok to use the bombers and the player wouldn't a) waste time trying to do more attacks just to see the planes dying or b) wouldn't need to drop the payload in the water against nothing to prevent losing planes in the attacks.

What i see now looking to the Furious is a Ryujo V2 , except with bad bombers.

I am getting furious about this decisions WG. It seems you guys don't have any idea about what to do with carriers. Makes no sense.

You're furious about the Furious!  LOL.  Say it ain't so.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,438 posts
24,099 battles

I am averaging 8 to 10 torp hits per game if I am not facing T8 AA in Furious. Bombs are OK against T6 and lower. Rockets are a waste of time against any  good DD driver, and ueless against anything bigger. Just grinding RN CVs because they look cool. Don't forget that the RN invented the aircraft carrier as a type. I am halfway to Implacable in under 20 games, and I am not a CV main by any means. The whole CV rework is FUBAR IMHO...

Members
191 posts
10,148 battles

i get good damage fro, Bombers the bomb are different for best result you need to lined on  enemy ship

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,226 posts
21,359 battles

I dont like how uncomfortable the bombers are on the RN carriers. They are supposed to be part of the allure but once you get them you realize they ... well... well the suck. 

Despite a ship being struck by a ton of bombs they do next to no actual damage. They do start fires but not overly reliably. Also, it takes quite a bit of work to get a target lined up but you are unable to compensate if they maneuver as your attack lines up. 

So far I've only felt content with a handful of bomb drops and the rest I find a frustrating waste of time. Add in the crappy rockets and the RN carriers feel more torpedo centric than the IJN which is weird.

It's not that the ships are horrible, I'm playing with Implacable now, but they are just not as fun or rewarding as their counter parts. Both the American and Japanese Carriers can do amazing things with their bombs, citadels or HE alpha, but the one carrier branch with unique bombers feels subpar.

I dont want them to be OP but hopefully there is a reasonable trade off to make these bombers and attack planes feel more useful.

Edited by Skuggsja

[WOLF8]
Members
6,179 posts
5,624 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

You should.  It's a free ship that is easy to get for starters.  It's carpet bombs are in fact not great....at all.  It's torp planes though are pretty awesome and it has become one of my favorite CVs.

I think ignoreing these free ships is a mistake.  We all know WG.  All it takes is one patch for something to go from meh (which it really isn't) to something amazing.  You never know when you are suddenly going to wish you had something you passed up on when it was easy to get.

I would not want to grind through the T4 to get the T6 after the event ends.  It will take a lot longer to get it that way, than it does right now.

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree with you. However, there is one caveat for myself.

I don't play this game enough each day to get enough Florin (sp?) for free. I have a full time job and limited free time per day. I do log in almost daily, but on most days I just play just enough to get the first daily container... maaaaybe the second one too if I have some extra free time... but that's about it. And I know that's not enough to get Furious for free (and forget about the Implacable at all for me, lol) before the event is over.

So only way I can get Furious now is to open my wallet and get some Premium Airdrop Containers. But is it worth to do that? Well, I donno, TBH.

I suppose there is a chance for me to get more than I paid for, since I don't have Vanguard and Edinburgh... plus all the other goodies that come with Furious. However, that's all up to RNGesus, and that's just unreliable. Besides, if I were to pay a real money for a RN CV, why don't I just wait for and get Indomitable instead? She looks way more fun (disclaimer: fun being relative, in today's maddening CV balans, lel), due to her SANIC SPEED gimmick on her planes and such. Plus, she's also a Premium ship, thus more credit per battle, no modules to research, and free captain swapping.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[A-D-F]
6,011 posts
38 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree with you. However, there is one caveat for myself.

I don't play this game enough each day to get enough Florin (sp?) for free. I have a full time job and limited free time per day. I do log in almost daily, but on most days I just play just enough to get the first daily container... maaaaybe the second one too if I have some extra free time... but that's about it. And I know that's not enough to get Furious for free (and forget about the Implacable at all for me, lol) before the event is over.

So only way I can get Furious now is to open my wallet and get some Premium Airdrop Containers. But is it worth to do that? Well, I donno, TBH.

I suppose there is a chance for me to get more than I paid for, since I don't have Vanguard and Edinburgh... plus all the other goodies that come with Furious. However, that's all up to RNGesus, and that's just unreliable. Besides, if I were to pay a real money for a RN CV, why don't I just wait for and get Indomitable instead? She looks way more fun (disclaimer: fun being relative, in today's maddening CV balans, lel), due to her SANIC SPEED gimmick on her planes and such. Plus, she's also a Premium ship, thus more credit per battle, no modules to research, and free captain swapping. 

I thought you meant you were just ignoring it on purpose.  I completely understand limited play time.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,179 posts
5,624 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I thought you meant you were just ignoring it on purpose.  I completely understand limited play time.

No worries. I should've been more clear in my post, but I was just goofing around with the puns, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,103 posts

The Furious has some excellent upgraded torp bombers, at least I'm finding them more my style than about any other ship. Midway would be my most favorite but they've been hammered so hard, nah fu'get em...

Nice all the module upgrades are free with the Furious. I'm wondering  - we get to keep these - or we gotta give 'em up when the special ends? Weird man... 

Dive bombers tho - they have that elliptical drop patter that's unlike all the rest, so target those is a challenge, for me. 

Rocket planes? More like bottle rocket planes. Maybe 1500 on a complete dump? I sometimes get lucky and see near 3K. I have yet to start a fire. 

I'm thinking it probably won't be long until they come out and pound the daylights out of the torpedo bombers.  

[WOLF8]
Members
6,179 posts
5,624 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Nice all the module upgrades are free with the Furious. I'm wondering  - we get to keep these - or we gotta give 'em up when the special ends? Weird man... 

If you get the ship during a pre-release event like this, you get to keep all the upgraded modules and whatever XP you accrued on the ship. This happened with the French BB's and British DD's, when they had their release events, so I think I can vouch for this, at least.

Right now, even though the RN CV's are tech tree ships, they behave more like a special kind of Premium ships, which you can't sell the ship itself nor its modules, and you can move the captains freely. Once the pre-release event is over and the whole tech tree line is fully implemented, they'll be changed to a proper tech tree ships.

[5D]
Members
894 posts
11,498 battles

Here I give you a tip , use only the torp for Hermes and furious , if you get the implacable the carpet bomb start to be interesting I can farm decent damage and fire on BB .

Plus with the t4 and t6 without spending money you get a port slots for each so get them event if you don't like cv

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,324 posts
9,284 battles

The biggest failure of the RNCVs right now is that their "feature" (carpet bombing) is a joke and their torpedo bombers are amazing.

• Cool 4

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
24 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Here I give you a tip , use only the torp for Hermes and furious , if you get the implacable the carpet bomb start to be interesting I can farm decent damage and fire on BB .

Plus with the t4 and t6 without spending money you get a port slots for each so get them event if you don't like cv

Yes. you are right but if we look to WG promise to do with the carrier rework. A fun and accessible gameplay to a wide player what we have now it is the exact opposite. Fun when only the torpedo squadrons are ok to use? Acessible to a wide player when only some unicums understand that the strategy to win is to use only torps and use tactics to not get deplaned? So if you ask if i enjoy the new carrier rework i will say yes , but this new nerfs they implemented is only making in having a big skill gap between players and that is one of the major problems with the old system they were trying to solve. Ironic isn't?

Edited by _no_one_

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The biggest failure of the RNCVs right now is that their "feature" (carpet bombing) is a joke and their torpedo bombers are amazing.

True.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,190 posts
6,127 battles
14 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I'm inclined to agree. Don't get me wrong, I've sunk ships with it and gotten good damage rolls before, but the problem is that the aiming reticle is just so darn big and long that you HAVE to do a lengthwise run on a ship in order to consistently get more than one or two hits. And, spoiler warning, reds are notoriously unhelpful in that area. Even a slight turn can be enough to throw off your aim, and by the time you're out of your attack run the rest of the squadron is halfway across the map flying headlong into enemy flak.

Beta Testers
46 posts
6,619 battles
28 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The furious torp bombers are good, but not as good as the Ryujo's, imo, which has a higher payload and are 10 knots faster.  The carpet bombing on the furious is absolute garbage, to the point I honestly wonder if anyone actually tested them in testing phase.  My experience is roughly 75% miss/failed to penetrate, the amount of "failed to penetrates"  on the 250 pound bombs drives me nuts when playing her.  On a good BB run you will get 3-5k damage and maybe(fingers crossed) a fire, which is trash compared to even the Ryujo's 5-10k AP citadel drops on cruisers or BBs.  After 59 games in the new ranger, 52 in the new Ryujo and 22 in the Furious I would rate them as such:

Ranger:

DB: Good

TB:Average

AA(Attack Aircraft):Average

Ryujo:

DB:Good

TB:Good

AA(Attack Aircraft): Average

Furious:

DB: Bad

TB: Good

AA(Attack Aircraft): Awful

The most unpleasant to play for me is the Furious, Ranger is ok to play, and the Ryujo is actually fun to me.  They really need to fix the carpet bombing feature as you stated, because right now it is terrible and looks untested on the Furious.  If I was unable to get work done with the Furious TBs I would say its a complete waste of a ship, and only having one set of aircraft to play all match is hardly fun.

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,230 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Which is pretty much the 'flavor' I had hoped for given their historical characteristics...

[SF-13]
Members
644 posts
4,943 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

"Almost" amazing Mouse..........they ain't Swordfish......so lose points for me(and others I think) on that front.:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,302 posts
10,949 battles
7 minutes ago, HMS_Formidable said:

Which is pretty much the 'flavor' I had hoped for given their historical characteristics...

Which you can thank the DD mafia for that.  Even the strike fighters reek...

• Cool 1