You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

I do believe the GC was ninja nerfed.

25 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
816 posts
2,840 battles

Or I may have missed a memo or update somewhere.. but its certainly not functioning as well as it used too...

It was as of 3-4 months ago my favorite ship. I could go head to ehad with tier 7's with it, and multiple of them, so long as I stayed angled, and had a teamate at least for part of the fight. Many many times I've sunk 2 tier 7's sometimes even almost solo (again almost, there was a teammate, or ship that helped a bit) but still, even a tier 7 + tier 7 vs a tier 7 + tier 5 and always coming out on top is damn good. It did its job, and angled, it had surprising armor.

Where it really shined were its accurate guns though.

Fast forward to now... Something is not right. I haven't played the ship in nearly a little over a month as I haven't had time to play the game much, but decided to jump on my trusty GC.. wow.. something is off...

The gun dispersion is absolutely abysmal 100% (before it'd have a few shots that were "lol what?" in dispersion, but more often than not, those shots were pretty tight and accurate with a few trailing off). Now however... 9/10 shots is like I'm shooting birdshot at 20km with a shotgun.. Got into a brawl with a tier 7 again at 20-10km. I couldn't hit him.. 1 or 2 shells would hit, but thats it (again before a majority of shells would, and I could pepper his superstructure with AP and do considerable damage). Now though.. nope... 2k damage at best each time with all 4 guns.. Needless to say he stomped me hard.. Something that has never happened to me using this ship.

To make matters worse, I'm also noticing far more normal pens for 0 damage with this ship then I have ever seen before. (Again it happened once in awhile, but never this bad). In that game alone, and against that tier 7, I had no less than 15 pens with 0 dmg.

I'm telling you.. Something is off...

It seems more than well balanced now at tier 5.. Before it was OP for tier 5, but... not anymore.. not with whatever was done too it.. and they're still going to up tier it? It seems to me like they messed with the Shells, and dispersion of the guns in anticipation for its upcoming buffs without telling anyone. You know those hidden stats they dont show you and adjust as they wish...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[POP]
Members
1,541 posts
19,708 battles

Stealth nerfs, stats doing funny things, there is only one explanation and I think we know what that is ...

Members
1,524 posts
10,646 battles
28 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

Stealth nerfs, stats doing funny things, there is only one explanation and I think we know what that is ...

Aliens...

[PVE]
Members
4,150 posts
22,432 battles
49 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

I haven't played the ship in nearly a little over a month as I haven't had time to play the game much

49 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Something is off

Give yourself a couple days to get back into the swing of things...a month w/out practice at anything is enough to throw off your game.

Maybe do a few co-op battles against predictable bots & see if maybe player strategy might be the issue (maybe you ran into some good anglers/maneuverers or something of the sort).

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
566 posts
16,217 battles
1 hour ago, Alabamastan said:

Confirmation bias?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Better this than moving her to tier 6 where her Armour is a joke to tier 8 BBs. 

[CUTE]
Members
485 posts
15,274 battles

What situation is a T6 BB facing against a T8 BB  is the armor not a joke?  This goes for all of the T6 BBs.  That arguement doesnt work at all.

[POP]
Members
1,541 posts
19,708 battles

Oh jesus, it came to this thread now … is no land sacred?

Members
523 posts

GC will get shredded at T6. Warspite and Mutsu still have the overmatch advantage, and better armour (Though I think Warspite's armour is better than Mutsu's). I swear, if WG makes GC more powerful than Warspite or Mutsu I'll start drinking.

Edited by CaptainKiwi_2016
  • Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
16 hours ago, Lady_Athena said:

The gun dispersion is absolutely abysmal 100% (before it'd have a few shots that were "lol what?" in dispersion, but more often than not, those shots were pretty tight and accurate with a few trailing off). Now however... 9/10 shots is like I'm shooting birdshot at 20km with a shotgun.. Got into a brawl with a tier 7 again at 20-10km. I couldn't hit him.. 1 or 2 shells would hit, but thats it (again before a majority of shells would, and I could pepper his superstructure with AP and do considerable damage). Now though.. nope... 2k damage at best each time with all 4 guns.. Needless to say he stomped me hard.. Something that has never happened to me using this ship.

It's not the GC, it's all BB's (and high velocity CA's). Wargaming either stealth nerfed or accidentally created a bug that makes water seem to be impenetrable, so hits that used to strike the water for a 33% pen or even a cit now disappear/shatter, and only the above water, overpen/shatters happen now. This seems to have happened during the same patch that nerfed BB guns against DD's and I have been banging the drum on it for a few months now.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,513 posts
16 hours ago, Lady_Athena said:

Or I may have missed a memo or update somewhere.. but its certainly not functioning as well as it used too...

It was as of 3-4 months ago my favorite ship. I could go head to ehad with tier 7's with it, and multiple of them, so long as I stayed angled, and had a teamate at least for part of the fight. Many many times I've sunk 2 tier 7's sometimes even almost solo (again almost, there was a teammate, or ship that helped a bit) but still, even a tier 7 + tier 7 vs a tier 7 + tier 5 and always coming out on top is damn good. It did its job, and angled, it had surprising armor.

Where it really shined were its accurate guns though.

Fast forward to now... Something is not right. I haven't played the ship in nearly a little over a month as I haven't had time to play the game much, but decided to jump on my trusty GC.. wow.. something is off...

To make matters worse, I'm also noticing far more normal pens for 0 damage with this ship then I have ever seen before. (Again it happened once in awhile, but never this bad). In that game alone, and against that tier 7, I had no less than 15 pens with 0 dmg.

I'm telling you.. Something is off...

It seems more than well balanced now at tier 5.. Before it was OP for tier 5, but... not anymore.. not with whatever was done too it.. and they're still going to up tier it? It seems to me like they messed with the Shells, and dispersion of the guns in anticipation for its upcoming buffs without telling anyone. You know those hidden stats they dont show you and adjust as they wish...

:Smile_great:I Agree She Was:Smile_medal:

• Cool 2

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
13 hours ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

What situation is a T6 BB facing against a T8 BB  is the armor not a joke?  This goes for all of the T6 BBs.  That arguement doesnt work at all.

First off, when people bought those other Tier 6 battleships, they knew what they were getting and what tier it would compete in.  And I'd say that the WV's armor is fine against Tier 8's.  She is a Colorado A class hull after all which is a tier 7.  Mutsu is a Nagato A hull clone which is a tier 7.  Warspite's armor profile was always s*** but she is so old I think it predates a different era of armor layout in WOWS.  And she has old school turning circles after all which gives her destroyer agility.

GC is not and was never designed as a tier 7 A hull down tiered for tier 6.  So the comparison is valid in my opinion.

[CUTE]
Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
10 hours ago, Psicopro said:

First off, when people bought those other Tier 6 battleships, they knew what they were getting and what tier it would compete in.  And I'd say that the WV's armor is fine against Tier 8's.  She is a Colorado A class hull after all which is a tier 7.  Mutsu is a Nagato A hull clone which is a tier 7.  Warspite's armor profile was always s*** but she is so old I think it predates a different era of armor layout in WOWS.  And she has old school turning circles after all which gives her destroyer agility.

GC is not and was never designed as a tier 7 A hull down tiered for tier 6.  So the comparison is valid in my opinion.

Guess what BBs at T8 with 16 inch guns can do to the Colorado by itself? overmatch its armor.  The selling point of Warspite was gun accuracy and overmatching everythjng at its tier.  your comparrison is not because the fact remains that a T8 Battleship will look at most T7 and under Battleship and laugh at it.  Face any T6 BB against the likes of North Carolina/Massachusetts/Amagi etc etc.  the odds are heavily against you unless of course your opponent is potato but thats circumstantial.

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
11 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

It's not the GC, it's all BB's (and high velocity CA's). Wargaming either stealth nerfed or accidentally created a bug that makes water seem to be impenetrable, so hits that used to strike the water for a 33% pen or even a cit now disappear/shatter, and only the above water, overpen/shatters happen now. This seems to have happened during the same patch that nerfed BB guns against DD's and I have been banging the drum on it for a few months now.

Have you talked to someone like LWM to try to test and see if that is in fact what is happening? Otherwise it will never get fixed.

[JMMAF]
Members
1,896 posts
6,331 battles
13 hours ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

GC will get shredded at T6. Warspite and Mutsu still have the overmatch advantage, and better armour (Though I think Warspite's armour is better than Mutsu's). I swear, if WG makes GC more powerful than Warspite or Mutsu I'll start drinking.

1st rounds on me, regardless of the topic or how WG ends up dealing with it.

navy grog is my drink of choice, of course. 2 shots Bacardi 151 (hard to get), grapefruit juice and couple ice cubes. after the 3rd, no more ice cubes are needed.

about that time, I recall that muttsoo has torps.

• Cool 1

Supertester
375 posts
6,317 battles

FYI WG has officially acknowledged they can and do tweak stats on the back end without making announcements.

Are they doing this with an OP premium?  Doubtful, as people could find the numbers and then there would be hell to pay.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
13 hours ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

Guess what BBs at T8 with 16 inch guns can do to the Colorado by itself? overmatch its armor.  The selling point of Warspite was gun accuracy and overmatching everythjng at its tier.  your comparrison is not because the fact remains that a T8 Battleship will look at most T7 and under Battleship and laugh at it.  Face any T6 BB against the likes of North Carolina/Massachusetts/Amagi etc etc.  the odds are heavily against you unless of course your opponent is potato but thats circumstantial.

If you angle the Colorado correctly, it is surprisingly tanky.   It all depends on where the enemy aims at you.  I wouldn't recommend going bow into any 16 inch BB with a 25mm bow.  It's about showing enough skirt to bait shots to the belt with a ~ 60-degree angle in place.