You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_Repulse

Saw kind of an interesting ad for this on Youtube a minute ago.

12 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

It was a pre-main-video advert and, unfortunately, I can't find it (it's probably out there somewhere, though).

It features a moc FPS where a player is attempting to navigate around - what I believe is - a destroyer. As he makes his way down the starboard side deck, the guy can't find anyone to shoot at (and seems to be getting more desperate). Eventually, clearly flummoxed, he gets knocked overboard by the blast of the forward turret, and the voiceover mocks him and his puny assault rifle.

I've been pretty critical of Wargaming lately, but I have to give credit where it's due: this was a fairly effective pitch. It also correctly attempted to sell the game for what it is: a shooter at sea (albeit a bit less twitchy than your average run and gun melee). Did want to at least share feedback. 

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,762 battles

I'm surprised you havent seen this before. At first I thought it was a mobile company stealing the WoWs name for their game and then laughed when I realized what it was.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
685 posts
2,837 battles

Now they just need to bring back the "What?!  You haven't played World of Warships yet?!  Why the hell not?!" ad that tells you all the things to do to be useless in the game and I'll be happy.

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,211 battles
20 minutes ago, RWBladewing said:

Now they just need to bring back the "What?!  You haven't played World of Warships yet?!  Why the hell not?!" ad that tells you all the things to do to be useless in the game and I'll be happy.

It's still there.  Saw it last night again, in fact.

Members
3,583 posts
12,963 battles
5 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Could someone put in a link because I can't find it for the life of me.

This is not the commercial you are looking for. 

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

It was a pre-main-video advert and, unfortunately, I can't find it (it's probably out there somewhere, though).

It features a moc FPS where a player is attempting to navigate around - what I believe is - a destroyer. As he makes his way down the starboard side deck, the guy can't find anyone to shoot at (and seems to be getting more desperate). Eventually, clearly flummoxed, he gets knocked overboard by the blast of the forward turret, and the voiceover mocks him and his puny assault rifle.

I've been pretty critical of Wargaming lately, but I have to give credit where it's due: this was a fairly effective pitch. It also correctly attempted to sell the game for what it is: a shooter at sea (albeit a bit less twitchy than your average run and gun melee). Did want to at least share feedback. 

That ad has been around for a while now.  Saw it sometime last year.  Thought it was amusing.

[NGA]
Members
1,984 posts
11,747 battles
3 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

This is not the commercial you are looking for. 

*eyeroll* Still, weird as [edited], that is.

[LSNB]
Members
1,584 posts
4,409 battles
9 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I remember this ad, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a parody of CS:GO on the USS Texas map. The turret actually knocks the player overboard.

Edited by destawaits