You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BenjoSamika

why DD is so op in wows making Battleship useless

105 comments in this topic

[YIKES]
Members
7 posts

Battleship without hydro acoustic t7 -t10 is use less against DDs. During reworks many complain about CVs  with unlimited plane. so  WG nerf the CV making them hard to play and feed damage to the surface fleet more boring to play now than then i played CV years before . Lesser player played CV now, how ever dd the complain because, they can be easy seen. But who think about the BB which majority of player played and invest cash in the game.          

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 5

[R-F]
Members
1,718 posts
9,973 battles

Welcome to the forums.  Thank you for your constructive post!

We don't usually have battleship players coming to tell us about all the problems they're having with destroyers, so I look forward to seeing some quality, original thoughts on the subject.

• Funny 26

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,915 posts
14,260 battles

Like in real life battleships are useless~ :fish_aqua:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,824 posts
4,867 battles

umm gratz on your first post?

[R-F]
Members
1,718 posts
9,973 battles
3 minutes ago, Harathan said:

You forgot your /sarcasm tag.

I'll tell you what tho, this is why public stats is a good thing.

Good heavens!  I try to be welcoming and you accuse me of sarcasm?  It's a shame that the internet has come to this.

I don't know why you'd bring up OP's stats.  His win rate in destroyers is higher than that in battleships by 2.5 percentage points.  This would indeed seem to support OP's conclusion that destroyers are over-performing relative to battleships.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[-BMV-]
Members
467 posts
17,305 battles
19 minutes ago, BenjoSamika said:

Battleship without hydro acoustic t7 -t10 is use less against DDs. During reworks many complain about CVs  with unlimited plane. so  WG nerf the CV making them hard to play and feed damage to the surface fleet more boring to play now than then i played CV years before . Lesser player played CV now, how ever dd the complain because, they can be easy seen. But who think about the BB which majority of player played and invest cash in the game.          

First post and it's this huh?.....

WASD keys are your friend.

Never go in a straight line for more than 15 seconds.

Situational awareness, learn it fast.

If the reds have one dd left, assume it's out there to kill you.

Be paranoid.

That's all.

Welcome to the forums, see you next time.

• Cool 3

[PONL]
Members
46 posts
4,849 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Good heavens!  I try to be welcoming and you accuse me of sarcasm?  It's a shame that the internet has come to this.

I don't know why you'd bring up OP's stats.  His win rate in destroyers is higher than that in battleships by 2.5 percentage points.  This would indeed seem to support OP's conclusion that destroyers are over-performing relative to battleships.  

indeed, and we can ignore the fact that his average damage in destroyers is less than half of his average damage in battleships, truly a misfortune that for all of those hundreds of games his team stole his damage

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,902 posts
10,387 battles
22 minutes ago, BenjoSamika said:

stop giving us REAL BB players, the ones that are fine with something being able to scratch our paint, a bad name please, thank you

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[R-F]
Members
1,718 posts
9,973 battles
Just now, Harathan said:

A sample size of 1 does not support sound conclusions, I feel.

This is the internet, sir or madam!  A sample size of zero is sufficient to support conclusions.

• Funny 3

[NSEW]
Members
1,602 posts
10,017 battles
4 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

this may be getting good... 

tumblr_n89cgpx60D1rrkahjo1_400.gif

Oh god, every since I saw that actor play that character in Jurassic Park. Can't stand the sight of him.

Back on topic.

Welcome to the forum BenjoSamika. With over 6k battles (according to your forum information there), surely you have used the rudders on your battleships?

I will kindly pass on the information that was given to me when I was starting out years ago with WOWS: Learn to vary your course & speed while in contact.

That means, perform randomly made course and speed adjustments to trick the destroyers into missing you with their arsenals.

Your issue, isn't that the battleships lack the "gimmick". It's that way so that in the lower tiers you are being prepared for the mayhem of higher battles that's to come. 

• Cool 1

[MIA-P]
Beta Testers
18,964 posts
4,846 battles
17 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

this may be getting good... 

tumblr_n89cgpx60D1rrkahjo1_400.gif

No, this is good.

[O_O]
Members
5,940 posts
13,721 battles
31 minutes ago, BenjoSamika said:

Keep track of how many enemy destroyers are still in the game.

Watch your minimap.

Keep an eye out for the "detected" alert.

If there are red DD's still in the game, you are detected, but see nothing yourself, you are probably being looked at by a destroyer.  Now look at your minimap, again.  Where could a DD be where your teammates wouldn't be seeing him, but he can still see you?

Boom.  You just located the enemy destroyer most of the time.  No CV's, no hacks.  You are now OP.

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
1,718 posts
9,973 battles
2 minutes ago, BenjoSamika said:

I play all kind of ship BB/CA/DD/CV since the start of WOWS 

you sure do!  You play battleships most of all but you've done a little bit of everything with remarkably consistent results.

For example, you've got over 150 games in the Fubuki, so you know what it's like to terrorize defenseless battleships in that thing.  I mean you're averaging almost nine thousand damage per match in it.  I don't know how many hit points a battleship has, but nine thousand sounds like a lot.  IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!  You remember that meme?  Good times.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,406 battles

I've seen posts about BBs being op and making cruisers useless, posts about CVs being op, making DDs useless and now this .. does that mean everything is OP and the game is now finally balanced? 

[YIKES]
Members
7 posts

It much be fun if wows a little IN REAL LIFE, a BB has 1,000-2000 crew and no one of those crew can not see a DD coming or its torp. and sunk 1,000-2,000 crew. My point in the forum they gave  more important DD, nerf   CVs seem they over look BBs which the bread and butter of WOWS. 

[SOV]
Members
3,276 posts

Well as we all know DD are playing 4D chess. It takes a the mind of Einstine to play DD. While we are playing checkers there playing 4D chess and solving world hunger.

So of course DD are all that matters. They have to perms spot, dev strike all things, CV and BB should never do damage.

O yes you my friend do not matter, because you just go forward and back. While the D chess club is just better!

Of course I am being sarcastic but it doez feel that way when you read there posts. CV were deffently helping BB with the stealth torping DD menance. Lets hope they buff the fighters again.

[FML]
Members
3,279 posts
13,911 battles
32 minutes ago, BenjoSamika said:

Hi, welcome to the forums. 

Unfortunately, your request to make the Battleship life easier, particularly against DDs, is not going to get far. 

Firstly, battleships generally overperform in this game relative to other types of ship - they do the most damage (usually by far) and they have heals. As such, they don’t generally need more buffs.

Secondly, destroyers are meant to be effective against relatively slow, unmanoeuvrable, and easily spotted ships. Battleships are the opposite to the fast, agile and stealthy - but small hitpoint - destroyers. 

Thirdly, the key defence battleships have against destroyers is not hydro acoustic search, it is working as a team. Keep your team’s destroyers and cruisers alive, don’t be off alone on your own, and random changes to course and speed means that you have nothing to fear from destroyers. Don’t believe me? Play DDs more - tell me how much easier it is to kill the lonely battleship than the one playing with its team and changing course. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
3,276 posts
17 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Oh god, every since I saw that actor play that character in Jurassic Park. Can't stand the sight of him.

Back on topic.

Welcome to the forum BenjoSamika. With over 6k battles (according to your forum information there), surely you have used the rudders on your battleships?

I will kindly pass on the information that was given to me when I was starting out years ago with WOWS: Learn to vary your course & speed while in contact.

That means, perform randomly made course and speed adjustments to trick the destroyers into missing you with their arsenals.

Your issue, isn't that the battleships lack the "gimmick". It's that way so that in the lower tiers you are being prepared for the mayhem of higher battles that's to come. 

The first thing I ever saw him in was JP. I have to agree!

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,818 posts
4,361 battles

Because DDs whine about anything that levels the playing field and forces them to adapt, and WG decided to play along for the time being. /partial sarcasm

The rest of the year will be the year of the BBs, once the VMF BB line comes out. Also once the changes to gun caliber and HE/IFHE effectiveness gets rebalanced.

What's that? Year of the CVs? Nah; it was the month of the CVs. Now they're so neutered they can't even scout and defend against DDs effectively. At least they're also suffering alongside Cruisers and BBs too.

Edited by YamatoA150