Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Glamorboy

CV idea

5 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
69 posts
3,775 battles

If this idea has been tossed around, my apologies.

CV planes change their spotting mechanism so that it returns to spotting ships at large distances away, but it they only show up for the CV player.  All other players would just see the red ship on their minimap.

This way the DD doesn't get spotted and nuked by other ships, and their role as scout is still very important.  We could lose the RDF on planes (because that never made sense), and planes would still deliver important intel, just not game breaking intel.  FYI I have very little bias in this matter as I am neither a DD or CV main.

Members
1,691 posts
8,561 battles

This has been tossed around, and while some people seem to think its a good idea, the majority opinion seems to be that they would have to buff the damage on CVs to do something like this. They are removing Radio location of squadrons next update.

[SFOR]
Members
995 posts
7,846 battles
1 hour ago, Glamorboy said:

If this idea has been tossed around, my apologies.

CV planes change their spotting mechanism so that it returns to spotting ships at large distances away, but it they only show up for the CV player.  All other players would just see the red ship on their minimap.

This way the DD doesn't get spotted and nuked by other ships, and their role as scout is still very important.  We could lose the RDF on planes (because that never made sense), and planes would still deliver important intel, just not game breaking intel.  FYI I have very little bias in this matter as I am neither a DD or CV main.

The problem  with this is that you are removing the spotting damage and against ships two tiers higher the AA is so powerful that you need to have spotting to help your team to win.

[SHPFC]
Members
243 posts
7,469 battles
2 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

CV planes change their spotting mechanism so that it returns to spotting ships at large distances away, but it they only show up for the CV player.  All other players would just see the red ship on their minimap

How about no. Maybe you should play a tier 8 CV in a Tier 10 game. You are relegated to spotting for you team at that point as any ship you approach will kill most if not your whole flight. 

2 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

This way the DD doesn't get spotted and nuked by other ships, and their role as scout is still very important.

Understand if the DD's would turn off their AA most likely at that point for the CV to spot them they have to fly right over top of them. I have a Tier 9 DD. Unless they fly right over me they never see me. Planes are spotted at 7.5-10km. Mine is 2.5km from air and 5.7+km at sea level. I run no smoke because of this fact. 

Frosty

[F4E]
Members
69 posts
3,775 battles

Having the red ships show up on your minimap at reasonable distances does help your team (even if you're not getting spotting damage).  Also, if you are relegated to spotting whilst being a T8 CV in a T10 match, that isn't right either.

Sign in to follow this