You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

FLY STRIKE WIN Carriers worth it?

6 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
200 posts
2,884 battles

I got the First package and now have enough to get the Furious Package.  I look at all of the other things I can get with all this hard earned cybercash and just need to know.  Are they worth it?  Thanx in advance!

Col Out

[_RNG_]
Supertester
2,028 posts
2,831 battles

Easy answer. Do you think you will play RN CVs? I cant speak from a gameplay perspective, but the bundles themselves hold a lot of value between the CV itself and signals and coal. If you think you do want to play RN CVs, it's a no brainer. If not, I wouldnt worry about saving up. 

I have no intention to play them, so I bought the 1st bundle then just spammed credits and signal bundles. If you have enough for the second bundle, I'd do that, just because it's a good deal and you may change your mind about the CVs, but other than that I'd just skip em. A few weeks and they will be just like any other ship anyhow.

Remember, crowns (silver) can be converted into florins (yellow) in week 4 of the event, so your crowns will not go to waste. I believe the rmexchange rate is planned to be 1:8, but dont quote me on that

• Cool 1

Members
897 posts
17,602 battles

I look at the 1st CV as a free port slot and one premium day.

I look at the 2nd CV as a free port slot and three premium days.

You can sell the CVs for silver after the event, and you get some flags, but the first two sentences are the real value of the quest.

...oh, and as @_1204_ said, you get some coal.

Edited by theLaalaa
Good
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,232 posts
4,260 battles

At least the first one, Hermes, definitely isn't as fun as it should be. Or at least, that's how I feel.

You can still get some Premium time, flags, coals, and port slots, but I can't say if those are still worth all the grind. But that's just me. I personally gave up going for the second package, since it just doesn't look worth doing all that grind for a mediocre ship, to me. Maybe I'll pick up where I left off in future and grind up from Hermes, but most likely not, lol.

My 2 doubloons.

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
56 posts
6,151 battles

Ive got all three and I used the T6 some, its okay I think its a little underpowered compared to the other cvs,  and I havent played the T8 enough yet to be sure but it also is kinda blaahh to me, disapointed in the level bombing, one they arent accurate enough and two they are useless against BBs, dont even cause fires for me.

• Cool 1

[TIPS]
[TIPS]
Beta Testers
143 posts
2,405 battles

If you like the new CV gameplay, then they are definitely worth it.  I just unlocked the last one (tier 8) yesterday.  They are fun to play (for me anyway), and the tier 8 plays well for me.  Like any ship in the game, when uptiered, you can struggle a bit, but when top tier, especially at tier 8, you have the potential to do really well.  I find that the tier 8's in general, can push through AA when top tier, better than their tier 6 counterparts.  If you like the new CV gameplay, get them, if for nothing else, get them for testing purposes.  If only top players are using them, they'll be nerfed into the ground, because those players could get 6 kills in a match sailing around in a freaking rock!  The devs need more " average" players to collect decent data.  Granted, CV's still have a high skill floor compared to other ship classes, and their utility has been severely hampered with all of the nerfs, but I enjoy playing them, usually.

• Cool 1