You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Commanders in the arsenal

15 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,884 posts
11,689 battles

There are 2 US, German, Russian, 1 French & 1 British commander available in the arsenal. But there are no IJN commanders. I am starting the IJN lines. Grinding commanders is a long process, I do not have a 19pt commander yet, close but not yet. WG should add a IJN commander to the arsenal.

[NGA]
Members
1,962 posts
10,271 battles

I would personally hope this happens eventually. The question is what skill would the commander have (outside the typical boost to EM)?

[TDRB]
Members
3,884 posts
11,689 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

They really should add one for each major nation.

My thoughts exactly.

5 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I would personally hope this happens eventually. The question is what skill would the commander have (outside the typical boost to EM)?

I would suggest skills that favor the most popular IJN line.

[NGA]
Members
1,962 posts
10,271 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

My thoughts exactly.

I would suggest skills that favor the most popular IJN line.

So... Torpedo Armament Expertise buff?

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
3,805 posts
5,502 battles
6 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Many people, myself included, hope for some torpedo skill to be unique. You could get 8 instead of 5 knots extra with the Torpedo Acceleration and whatnot.

[UN1]
Members
816 posts
2,920 battles

The American legendary commander Bill Halsey mirrors the skills of the other unique commanders, so it's safe to assume that a unique commander for the Japanese line would mirror that of Yamamoto:  Master Marksman and Expert Maintenance.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
836 posts
1,968 battles

I imagine you're already aware, but you can get a 10-point Japanese commander from one of the scenarios. Defense of NS Newport, I believe.

I agree that it would be nice to have more available for purchase, though

[ARGSY]
Members
16,335 posts
11,208 battles

Sometime last year, I think it was during Go Navy, they were selling and/or enabling people to win various national flavours of Dasha Perova and also Space Commanders, some of which were for Japanese ships. These were all 10 pointers. But none of those have the particular skill boosts that the Doe, Dunkirk, Honore, von Jutland and Znameskiy brothers do. (I know we also have Da and Quan Rong, but I don't recall if they have particular abilities and I don't have the game client to hand to open it up and check).

I agree that a Japanese-flavoured (?? lol) pair would do nicely, but you would possibly want to differentiate them from Yamamoto in some respect. 

@kgh52, bear in mind that it takes just 183,000 Commander XP to create a 10 point captain from nothing and nearly 10 times that (precisely 1,708,000) to create a 19 pointer. In the grand scheme of things, having a 10 pointer to start with doesn't actually get you to 19 that much faster; the last four points alone are each more effort than that.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[NWNG]
Members
3,040 posts
4,915 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

There are 2 US, German, Russian, 1 French & 1 British commander available in the arsenal. But there are no IJN commanders. I am starting the IJN lines. Grinding commanders is a long process, I do not have a 19pt commander yet, close but not yet. WG should add a IJN commander to the arsenal.

the only IJN Commander with boosted skills, is Yamamoto Isoroku. They have not given us any other IJN commander with boosted skills.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,328 posts
11,622 battles
6 hours ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

They really should add one for each major nation.

Remove the Russian one, replace it with an IJN captain: Presto! All major naval nations represented!

[PHASE]
Members
5,760 posts
18,724 battles
6 hours ago, kgh52 said:

WG's take on IJN nation. If not the lead dog, the view …. you know the rest.

See the source image

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles
7 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Many people, myself included, hope for some torpedo skill to be unique. You could get 8 instead of 5 knots extra with the Torpedo Acceleration and whatnot.

Or +2km range on our torpedoes.  That would be one hell of a skill.

By the way, is there a place when I can have a summary of what bonus each of the commander gives?  I see a lot of nice faces but I have no idea what they do... Except Steven Seagal as I won that one for free.

[KWF]
Members
3,805 posts
5,502 battles
11 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

Or +2km range on our torpedoes.  That would be one hell of a skill.

By the way, is there a place when I can have a summary of what bonus each of the commander gives?  I see a lot of nice faces but I have no idea what they do... Except Steven Seagal as I won that one for free.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

It's up to date.

• Cool 1