Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

13 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,053 posts
9,696 battles

Fairly decent weekend, about 50/50 win/loss. Saw a few Event Maskardos and bagged 1. The doubloons and camos and flags came immediately. Had a shot for 2 more but messed up -_-

Most of grind to the Wooster is done. About 60K experience to go, and that 18-pointer will need a skill reset since EM is useful on the T6-9 US CL but not the zenith.

Completed stage 2 of Exeter mission via co-op. Got Detonated by a bot DD to my annoyance.

Saw this forumite (who wasn't thrilled about his losing streak and said so):

Ic0J5Dp.jpg

Put the Tiny Tims on Midway and switched to the J5N mod 7 TB on Haku. Will have to try the former sometime, the HE pen clearly shows it can punch thru any BB deck armor. What I realized is Haku seems to be more or less ok, you can take the J5N mod 8 TB that has the 8km torps for stealth torping but long arming distance, or the mod 7 that runs 6km 50 knot torps that arm in just 671 meters.

XJYz1VZ.jpg

Only real complaint is the DB are still RNG; several well-aimed volleys, delayed until last 3 seconds, all missed my targets -_- But probably not a major concern, the 24-plane space on Haku means TB deplaning is unlikely unless careless. Deplaning is also easy to avoid in my T10 CVs if do one attack run, focusing more on spotting for first 1/3 until targets (if your team is competent) are easier, then hit viable targets. At present Mino is the king of all AA threats (mid-range flak), followed by US BBs.

Doing daily missions since want to get the Furious. Probably will grind to the Implacable.

Yamato's credit stage is finished, now for the 15K free XP. Montana's ship XP stage is done, but think Yammy will be the next UU. Kinda weird first it's Zao, then Shima, and now Yammy for UU in that order. Khab and Grozo and Hindy are still at credit stage.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,765 posts
16,727 battles

This was my weekend in floaty botes:

BXVqRtM.jpg

Maskarado #226, 45 battles played, 35 battles sunk, 64.44% WR. This should disprove once and for all that event players just yolo to get sunk, throwing games.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,650 posts
18,090 battles

Hmm it was actually good I got the Chung MU and YY and played them both all weekend and it went really well.

I also managed to sink 2 Maskarados in one game as they were both in a DIv together.

That made 4 altogether for the Weekend.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,650 posts
18,090 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

This was my weekend in floaty botes:

BXVqRtM.jpg

Maskarado #226, 45 battles played, 35 battles sunk, 64.44% WR. This should disprove once and for all that event players just yolo to get sunk, throwing games.

I def thought a lot less of them just went out and died, I seen a lot making it very difficult to sink them.

Especially the ones playing the Conq,  you had to try and sink them like 3 or 4 times lol.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,884 posts
16,820 battles

Not the best weekend - did my share of potatoe-ing- played on some awful teams - with the Exeter missions was trying to play my tier 5 to 8 IJN DDs and cruisers - played my Harakaze 6 games and of course got up tiered in all 6 games (5 tier 10 games, one tier 9) and many with CVs- very annoying.  Reminds me why I do not play my tier 8 ships often....

[TDD]
Members
1,145 posts
9,224 battles

Maskarado #47, 75 battles 50.67Wr survived 11 games, Had a Terrible cold all weekend was medicated and just blah but still had fun.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,279 posts
1,886 battles

Got my overall win rate above 50% this weekend.  Only need 40k xp until Baltimore.  Finished the first chain of the Exeter earn op.  Most importantly, I had fun.

[ARGSY]
Members
16,476 posts
11,306 battles

Managed to get the Japanese phase of the Exeter mission done before close of play Friday evening. About 2/3 of the way through Hatsuharu, and also got some work done on Aoba and Mutsuki. Managed to pick up a Confederate in the Aoba; pity about the loss.

Ground out enough XP on both Aoba and Yorck to fit their "B" gun fire control systems.

Spent Saturday's play dabbling in a whole bunch of ships I hadn't played in a while and polishing off those FSW tasks that don't require plane kills. I have enough Crowns and Florins now that I could get the Furious without needing to win more (would just have to wait until we can exchange some of our Crowns for Florins).

Reacquainted myself with the Benson on Sunday evening, long enough to get the first container. Then I toddled off to the PTS to have a play with Akizuki (insane; looks very much worth grinding to), 155mm Mogami (very nice) and Space Battles DD torpedopalooza (which is hilarious fun).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[H_]
Members
726 posts
11,466 battles

Ah the "weekend".. summed up as such. "Moments of brilliance surrounded by a lot more potato moments" .

Ah the joy, coming around an island in a Boise constantly shooting at retreating DD's and cruisers only to find myself less then 4k away from a T61 that I had NO CLUE was there and had already launched his torps!  can you say "devastating strike" boys and girls.. LOL . duh got to fixated on the other DD's didn't pay attention to the Map.. oops.

Played a lot of higher tier games with Two CV's per side,  had some other games with really unusual MM.  Lot's of T8 I played with mostly 9's and10's go figure. It is really hard to play a T8 DD(AA of I think 21) in a match with two T10 CV's and multiple Radar ships per side.. Did ok till the CV's finally took enough time to notice me..

Getting there on a few grinds, could do the Seattle, close to the Jutland, really close to Zao,  Getting much closer to my First 19pt capt.. and I think I'm going to concentrate on that for a few days to see if I can get him there.

[TOG]
Members
4,057 posts
21,706 battles

Didn't see any carnival botes

Played 3 man division with clan mates. Got a kraken and killed 14 planes

shot-19_03.09_17_30.16-0769.thumb.jpg.1fca121de2a51930f487d977355090ac.jpg 

Closing in on 54% W/R on DD's

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
737 posts
15,674 battles

Worked on grinding out the Legendary module on the GK.

Got less than 4k base xp left to get it done (which should be about 4-5 games this evening).

Next grind will be getting the 40k for the Yamato legendary.

Sign in to follow this