You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Kreml Preview - A powerful, balanced tinderbox

41 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,631 posts
5,891 battles

Shes got a large hit pool, devestating guns and gets stronger as you close on the enemy but she gets melted fairly easily and you must rely on smart damage control.  She won’t be for everyone but those that tame her will crush.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 5

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
10 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Kreml balanced

Pffft. Okay.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 4

Supertester
2,988 posts
4,104 battles

Neat video. I am so hyped for Soviet BBs. The high skill floor high skill ceiling brawling concept is much needed for the game, and will allow BB mains to perform a lot better in pub matches. The sniping meta we sometimes see today is less than exciting.

One thing I did notice... when you brought up radar, you said 'no class is safe'. As far as Inknow, the radar can only detect BBs and CVs. Has that changed?

[WOLF2]
Members
335 posts
6,385 battles
9 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Neat video. I am so hyped for Soviet BBs. The high skill floor high skill ceiling brawling concept is much needed for the game, and will allow BB mains to perform a lot better in pub matches. The sniping meta we sometimes see today is less than exciting.

One thing I did notice... when you brought up radar, you said 'no class is safe'. As far as Inknow, the radar can only detect BBs and CVs. Has that changed?

It still has asashio type deep water radar that only detects bbs & cvs

• Funny 1

[TDD]
Members
1,145 posts
9,224 battles
4 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

Is this not the most ridiculous thing out of all the ridiculous things WG has done?

I mean come on if you have to go to this length to make it "fair" just leave the stupid radar off entirely.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
3,853 posts
9,125 battles

When I was testing the Kreml, I liked it - it doesn't really feel OP to me.

I originally thought the Kreml was pretty strong but then I realized I averaged around the same damage in the Montana throughout the time I was playing the Kreml -- but the playstyles are significantly different. To me, it's a well designed ship and for a first-pass ship surprisingly well balanced.

• Cool 2

Members
3,089 posts
12,080 battles

I feel that Kreml is designed for similar meta that GK is designed for, with similar issues.  With GK currently falling behind the other BBs as a result. Except when GK line was first introduced and tried we did not have ships like Worcester and Harugumo, and updated CV bombs.  I guess we will see how things will play out, but I am definitely not in any rush to get my hands on the new BBs.

[WOLF2]
Members
335 posts
6,385 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I feel that Kreml is designed for similar meta that GK is designed for, with similar issues.  With GK currently falling behind the other BBs as a result. Except when GK line was first introduced and tried we did not have ships like Worcester and Harugumo, and updated CV bombs.  I guess we will see how things will play out, but I am definitely not in any rush to get my hands on the new BBs.

I love my GK, and loathe to fight the Kremlin. That thing is going to wreck my GK if I show any slight angle, so a bow tanking snoozefest will ensue 😭

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,055 posts
21,702 battles

So does the Kreml is designed for CQB fights using the main gun? What about secondaries?

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,154 posts
4,908 battles

State approved comrade, I can't wait to grind this line. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,928 posts
10,435 battles

im looking forward to making Kreml a fine addition to my bote collection

[TARK]
Members
4,832 posts
1,795 battles

I'm looking forward to exploiting this line of ships so much...

Big guns, with armor that wont let the enemy team punish me...with HE that can obliterate DDs because I get cruiser dispersion...

It is going to be glorious as the whole game will just fill with Soviet Battleships...

All hail Mother Russia!

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
8,975 posts
7,890 battles
47 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

Is this not the most ridiculous thing out of all the ridiculous things WG has done?

I mean come on if you have to go to this length to make it "fair" just leave the stupid radar off entirely.

I shall let you know, when I played VMF BBs and had the chance I swapped the radar for a fighter plane. It‘s imo far more useful outside of cyclones.

Obligatory remark that stuff is WiP, stuff can change, etc.

[TDD]
Members
1,145 posts
9,224 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

I shall let you know, when I played VMF BBs and had the chance I swapped the radar for a fighter plane. It‘s imo far more useful outside of cyclones.

Obligatory remark that stuff is WiP, stuff can change, etc.

I agree in today's meta fighter is much more useful than radar wish i could have one on my missouri, plus it's hilarious to launch a squadron instead of a single plane off the rails of a BB

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
8,975 posts
7,890 battles
2 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I agree in today's meta fighter is much more useful than radar wish i could have one on my missouri, plus it's hilarious to launch a squadron instead of a single plane off the rails of a BB

And at least the fighters can spot Cruisers and Destroyers 4km away behind an island... 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I do not have high hopes for the effect the Soviet battleship line will have on the game.

• Cool 2

[-GPF-]
Members
772 posts
4,603 battles
Just now, nina_blain_73 said:

It's [edited] russian radar that can't pick up small objects! :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,696 posts

Sounds like the Russian BB line will be exactly what I've been looking for.   Those of us who have been brawling from day 1 will be right at home.  Hell I even brawl in my Yamato.  LOL

[CVA16]
Members
4,434 posts
13,786 battles
1 hour ago, LCPL4ever said:

So it will spot a Monarch but not a Stalingrad?

• Funny 3

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,154 posts
4,908 battles
13 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Sounds like the Russian BB line will be exactly what I've been looking for.   Those of us who have been brawling from day 1 will be right at home.  Hell I even brawl in my Yamato.  LOL

I play the GK with all white camo, and blast the Imperial March.

• Funny 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,887 posts
9,171 battles
10 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

^^kFcoTyU.gif

• Funny 2

[NUWES]
Members
2,781 posts
8,954 battles
5 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Yes. lol. 

[-NOS-]
Members
1,175 posts
19,897 battles

I have all T10 BB, by far GK is my favorite as it is the most fun and rewarding to play as close support brawler, we need more brawler instead of sniper type BB!

[FML]
Members
3,312 posts
13,984 battles
7 hours ago, LCPL4ever said:

deep water radar

:cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

Such a great expression! Hilarious! Totally pinching it btw.