Jump to content
njroc

WOWS Start up procedures

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

55
[M-O-M]
[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,728 battles

Greetings:

Under 8.x, I have found that opening and closing the program 2-3 times on a Mac helps reduce the chances of the game not going to the port and not leaving you AFK for the first game.

Step One:  Start program and give the Wine Wrapper a chance to engage. Close.

Step Two: Start program a second time to get the WOWS server to discover the Mac trying to connect. Push Connect button, wait a minute, then Close.

Step Three:  Start the program a third time to get Wine Wrapper and Server alerted.  Push Connect button. Wait for port to load.  This should make the computer ready for a match.

After every 2 matches, close out and restart game.  After every match, log-off server and reconnect.  Oftentimes,  the server will log you off automatically and you have to connect again in any case after a match.

The rest breaks between matches also takes care of the CPU heating problem.  

Have Fun !

NJRoc--Salt Free

macmade-.gif.9dfeadcfca3efc21d5896f5a31398019.gif

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[M-O-M]
[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,728 battles
9 hours ago, leehwongxing said:

The easiest is to install windows 7 x64 and run it native, less overhead, less headache.

Greetings:

Running 4 Gig ram, I am concerned that their would not be enough Ram to run the 2 OS systems.

NJRoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[NOT]
Members
1,044 posts
6,282 battles
1 hour ago, njroc said:

Greetings:

Running 4 Gig ram, I am concerned that their would not be enough Ram to run the 2 OS systems.

NJRoc

You're not running them AT THE SAME TIME. you install another OS on your PC/Mac, which called BootCamp.

And Win7 x64 use around 900mb ram without any extra program leave you enough room to run soon later x64 build of WoWs

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[M-O-M]
[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,728 battles
35 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

You're not running them AT THE SAME TIME. you install another OS on your PC/Mac, which called BootCamp.

And Win7 x64 use around 900mb ram without any extra program leave you enough room to run soon later x64 build of WoWs

Useful point.  NJRoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
508 posts
6,781 battles

I've given up on Mac support. My 2016 nTB MacBook Pro plays the game wonderfully at 1440x900 on low settings on Windows 10. Bootcamp is a great piece of software that Apple includes for free. Just be sure to give Windows 10 at least 60GB of storage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[-TKS-]
Members
127 posts
2,682 battles
18 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I've given up on Mac support. My 2016 nTB MacBook Pro plays the game wonderfully at 1440x900 on low settings on Windows 10. Bootcamp is a great piece of software that Apple includes for free. Just be sure to give Windows 10 at least 60GB of storage. 

How is your FPS in game?  I tried this on my wifes which is newer and more powerful than mine and 20fps was tops and lots of lag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
508 posts
6,781 battles
On 3/13/2019 at 12:04 PM, Wildfire32 said:

How is your FPS in game?  I tried this on my wifes which is newer and more powerful than mine and 20fps was tops and lots of lag

about 60fps at 900p with a mix of low - medium settings.

Its got an i5 6360U with Iris 540 graphics with 1.5GB of VRAM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×