You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Hi Everyone....Let's all get along ( new guy )

11 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts

Hey guys and Gals. First THANK YOU to the people who give tips in the game and here in the forums, you make it much more fun to learn!   I have been reading this forum for a bit.  I am surprised how it seems like classes of ships hate others LOL    I have been having a BLAST with 99.999% of the people here.  I am learning the language and one term,  MAIN,  I know means the Main ship you use.  My thing is why just one?  I use all four and it makes me SO much better because I see what each can do so I know how to fight with it or Kill it.    I'm sure I didn't come up with  this idea but I am in the top 50% in the HOF and I just started this game barely a month ago.  I even get kills in the CV ( new ones I guess ) I never saw the old.  Actually That is why I came here.  I am now able to get the second CV ( Furious ) in the fly win thing and I wanted to get advice on whether it's worth it or not.  My First CV was the first one I got before qualifying to get it.    

Back to the subject of Main.  I have gotten 4 and 5 kill rounds DD VS BB and  below.. one round 3 BB... In my Cruiser  ( I have only a IV)  I get 3 kill rounds all the time .  It's really simple to me , Support your team...lay smoke for them and rush the Cruisers and DDs so they can pound the BBs and go cap stuff.    In a BB I brawl to block them from teammates or hit long range to soften them up before they get to my teammates.  I've learned a lot from people here and just wish for one thing.  Weekends could have more servers so the weekenders ( you know the ones. they torp you from 12km away while you are going toe to toe with a BB or Ram u while you are sitting still raining death in the smoke you laid for them etc.   Still this game is a Blast. If you want to complain so hard you stroke out go play a FPS with a bunch of kis with aimbots all day...    

See you all soon and let's have some FUN!!!!

Col Out!!!

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles

As you progress in the game, you might decide you like one class over all others or just generally find yourself after 3-4k games with more games in one class. Hence, you have a main; mine is cruisers.

It's good you are experiencing all classes; this gives you an idea of how they play when you go against them as you have an idea what they could do in a certain situation. At some point though(2-3k games or so), begin to climb the tech tree and stick with one branch. You will become more consistent and increase your damage output. Have fun.

[--K--]
Members
5,363 posts
17,351 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

I wouldn't say there is a lot of hate between ship classes. As a DD player I really want a good Cruiser or Battleship backing me up. As a Cruiser I want to see Destroyers pushing caps and Battleship paddlin those broadsides. And as a Battleships I want my DD and CL buddies to know I'll push with them to give them cover. I want all ships to work together so we can win a game. Its certain Captains that I have problems with, you know the Camp in the back, run away from caps, die early and than complain all match about no support. 
Oh almost forgot to mention Carriers....Only Villains play CVs, those sky cancer flat tops of doom. They will break into your house, kick your puppy, shave your cat, delete the DVR scheduled, empty your fridge and then leave a bad review on Yelp.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChase, Notser, Flamu, BIA World of Warships, Lord Zath Replay Theater and even the Mighty Jingles has really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WOSV]
Members
595 posts
3,883 battles
16 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Hey guys and Gals. First THANK YOU to the people who give tips in the game and here in the forums, you make it much more fun to learn!   I have been reading this forum for a bit.  I am surprised how it seems like classes of ships hate others LOL    I have been having a BLAST with 99.999% of the people here.  I am learning the language and one term,  MAIN,  I know means the Main ship you use.  My thing is why just one?  I use all four and it makes me SO much better because I see what each can do so I know how to fight with it or Kill it.    I'm sure I didn't come up with  this idea but I am in the top 50% in the HOF and I just started this game barely a month ago.  I even get kills in the CV ( new ones I guess ) I never saw the old.  Actually That is why I came here.  I am now able to get the second CV ( Furious ) in the fly win thing and I wanted to get advice on whether it's worth it or not.  My First CV was the first one I got before qualifying to get it.    

Back to the subject of Main.  I have gotten 4 and 5 kill rounds DD VS BB and  below.. one round 3 BB... In my Cruiser  ( I have only a IV)  I get 3 kill rounds all the time .  It's really simple to me , Support your team...lay smoke for them and rush the Cruisers and DDs so they can pound the BBs and go cap stuff.    In a BB I brawl to block them from teammates or hit long range to soften them up before they get to my teammates.  I've learned a lot from people here and just wish for one thing.  Weekends could have more servers so the weekenders ( you know the ones. they torp you from 12km away while you are going toe to toe with a BB or Ram u while you are sitting still raining death in the smoke you laid for them etc.   Still this game is a Blast. If you want to complain so hard you stroke out go play a FPS with a bunch of kis with aimbots all day...    

Col Out!!!

Glad you're having a good experience. Just don't bring up Carriers and Destroyers in the same sentence and you'll be A-OK. :Smile_trollface:

On the subject of Mains, if you play Smash Bros. you might understand it like having a main in Smash. It's that one fighter (or in this case ship type/class, or even individual ship) that you are able to use the best. Of course that doesn't mean you exclusively use that ship or class, but it's your best class, if that makes sense. Given that there's so many individual ships and tiers it's hard to say that anyone is a main of any one ship, but rather a main of a ship line (like the Japanese Battleship line).

Let's take myself, for example. I would say I'm an American Heavy Cruiser main with American Carriers a close second in preference. I suppose if I had to say what individual ship I "main", it'd have to be Des Moines because it's 1: my most played ship at around 110 battles ATM and 2: some of my best all-around stats are on that ship. And also she's hilariously fun in a lot of situations.

Anyhow, hope my ramble at least made some sense. Glad to have you, and best of luck on the battlefield!

[INTEL]
Members
13,053 posts
36,003 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Hey guys and Gals. First THANK YOU to the people who give tips in the game and here in the forums, you make it much more fun to learn!   I have been reading this forum for a bit. 

Col Out!!!

People have already clued you in to Noster and iChase and similar. For Operations, see Lightninger's videos on playing DD and other ships in Operations. Also, if you want to practice Operations with a veteran crowd, there is a server called Hoperations on Discord where Operations players hang out. PM me for an invite. 

[IRNBN]
Members
3,366 posts
9,767 battles

Welcome aboard. You're off to a great start by at least trying all the ship types and seeking experienced advice.

Don't let the salt get to you. Just ignore it, or respond with wit and humor. Your idea of fun is yours and yours alone. Rock it and let the trolls, and there are many, drown in their own bile.

One bit of unsolicited advice from a notorious twice-baked bacon & cheese potato: if you have a good internet connection, check out the EU server. Language isn't much of a barrier, and you will encounter a wider variety play styles and tactics. It also has a higher population during NA's off-peak times.

Cheers!

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Cool 1

[XG]
Members
317 posts
3,190 battles
6 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Hail, and well met!

This is a good place for information and advice. Some of the posters (not me) are very good players, and often very funny.

Fun is where it's at. :Smile_great:

[PVE]
Members
1,029 posts
8,542 battles
6 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I am now able to get the second CV ( Furious ) in the fly win thing and I wanted to get advice on whether it's worth it or not.  My First CV was the first one I got before qualifying to get it.

If you have the currency for it, I say grab it. If you hate it you can sell it. At a minimum it is a free port slot. The only thing you will lose out on are the camos etc you could have bought with the temp currencies instead.