You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
murder_0ne

Trying to get Exeter but no CVs around

40 comments in this topic

[LZ1]
Members
156 posts
4,487 battles

I need to kill 30 planes to simply start the progression but I literally can't find any to shoot down. 20+ games and I managed to shoot down a couple of spotter planes. Where are all those wretched CV players when you want one?

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,339 posts
7,347 battles

See if any of your clanmates have CVs to run, and division up with them?

[HELLS]
Members
2,434 posts
24,046 battles

Build an AA ship and they will come...I played 6 games in Randoms in Atlanta and Massachussetts before I got a decent game with CVs in it and it took me another 4 games to get a second one and finish out. Spawn position is everything. Patience, young padawan...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

I'd offer to div with you and play CV, but I have no idea how to play them yet.  I tried once game and it wasnt very enjoyable so I never returned to it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,132 posts
13,304 battles

Is this the 5 - 8 US & RN cruisers and DD's? If it is just spam the Emerald and you should get your planes shortly.

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Is this the 5 - 8 US & RN cruisers and DD's? If it is just spam the Emerald and you should get your planes shortly.

Why would you use an emerald?

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,469 posts
11,941 battles
9 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Getting into matches with tier 4 CV's I'd guess.

[LZ1]
Members
156 posts
4,487 battles

Yep, tried the emerald approach. No dice. Trying Cleveland now. Still no results. Been trying Mahan, Sims etc. as well. Nothing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,132 posts
13,304 battles
14 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Good AA out to long range.

2 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Yep, tried the emerald approach. No dice. Trying Cleveland now. Still no results. Been trying Mahan, Sims etc. as well. Nothing.

You should have better luck finding CV's in 4 & 6.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
14 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Don't use T8s.  T7 tops.  T8 will get you into t10 games, with harder to shoot down planes.  T7 gets you T6 and T8 planes to shoot at which drop easier.  If nobody's playing Cvs at the moment, nothing will probably help you.  For what it's worth, I just played three quick games at T7 and shot down 15 planes in 2 CV games.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,917 posts
14,266 battles

wg: *lets make one free premium ship!*

also wg: "you just need kill some planes to get it"

also also wg: Lets nerf the cvs so no one will play it! Yay no rewards for you!

Also also also wg:

image.png.05ee0bf3cafea62f1f982ad93855dac3.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[WOLF8]
Members
6,093 posts
5,591 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

wg: *lets make one free premium ship!*

also wg: "you just need kill some planes to get it"

also also wg: Lets nerf the cvs so no one will play it! Yay no rewards for you!

Also also also wg:

image.png.05ee0bf3cafea62f1f982ad93855dac3.png

Pretty much this.

OP, you know what WG really wants you to do, right? It's called opening your wallet. Why grind for it, when you can just pay for it~? (/s) It's only WG that can come up with ideas like making plane kills as one of mandates get the ship for free... and then make it so that barely anyone plays the CV's. LOL. :Smile_smile:

[INTEL]
Members
11,713 posts
32,752 battles

Had six Randoms this morning, all without Sky Cancer. It was very pleasant. I hope this trend continues. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[INTEL]
Members
11,713 posts
32,752 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The aims of the CV Rework failed.

Who could have predicted that? 

• Cool 2

[-DZ-]
Members
280 posts
10,515 battles
17 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

I need to kill 30 planes to simply start the progression but I literally can't find any to shoot down. 20+ games and I managed to shoot down a couple of spotter planes. Where are all those wretched CV players when you want one?

Rework is not going as planned and they've nerfed the hell out of them so not as many people are playing them now at the time the [edited] start the event lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,710 posts
22,019 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Had six Randoms this morning, all without Sky Cancer. It was very pleasant. I hope this trend continues. 

I played for hours this morning in co-op and only had two games with carriers in them. Seems they are about as rare as they were a long time ago. Sure is nice to get PvE back to normal.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
23,562 posts
21,117 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Who could have predicted that? 

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt for the Rework, which is unusual for me with my past attitude :Smile_veryhappy:

8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I played for hours this morning in co-op and only had two games with carriers in them. Seems they are about as rare as they were a long time ago. Sure is nice to get PvE back to normal.

The Co-op CV population died very quickly after 0.8.0 hit.  They're the worst ships to bring in.  I have never seen any of them do well.  They're consistently bottom rung XP winners, maybe middle of the pack at best.  I watch those planes buzz around the map and all the fancy effects.  And despite all the flashiness, they're at the bottom rung in performance.  I figured the CV players struggled to do anything meaningful and said, "F--k it" and just went back to their regular ships.

Which is what the CV Rework was supposed to reverse.  It was supposed to put some life back into the already least played ship type from before the Rework, and we're right back to a low CV population.

Right back where we started, only this time with sh*tty AA and sh*tty Carriers at the same time.  It's an unbelievable feat, let me tell you :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,168 posts
6,058 battles

Okay OP, I'm gonna level with you on the reason you can't find planes: You're looking for them. I know it sounds crazy, like some kind of hokey astrological nonsense, but MM KNOWS when you need to get something, when you want something reeeeeally badly. So if you can't find CVs and can't division with one, there's really only one solution. You have to STOP looking for them and stop speccing into AA. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
23,562 posts
21,117 battles

There's already guys out there that already don't see the value of the Anti-Aircraft Build, not long after the CV Rework.  Which is kind of funny, because increased CV presence was supposed to bring value to the AA Build :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,713 posts
32,752 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's already guys out there that already don't see the value of the Anti-Aircraft Build, not long after the CV Rework.  Which is kind of funny, because increased CV presence was supposed to bring value to the AA Build :Smile_veryhappy:

People have really negative experiences with it -- my last three outings in Massachusetts I knocked down over 20 planes each time, which had zero effect on the CV's ability to churn out squads and wreck me so that another ship could easily finish me. 

In a Massachusetts (one of them running Manual AA, BFT, AFT, and flag). What's the point of AA? I asked myself. 

It's easy to see why many people are simply resigning themselves to eating cancer damage and not bothering to spec for AA, since it has no obvious effect on the CV's ability to do damage to you. It's ironic considering CV complaints about AA. 

This will never be solved. CVs need to be relegated to their own mode, very obviously. 

• Cool 1

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,063 battles

As others have said, find someone with a T4 or 6 CV and div with them for a game or two.

Members
312 posts
8,771 battles

I played for over a week trying to complete the Aircraft task. All I was able to get was 21 shot down. But then I suddenly got a game where I was in a 4CV match riding an AA-specced Baltimore. 21 plane kills later and I completed the task. Just hang in there!

[KSD]
Supertester
67 posts
9,974 battles

Tier 6 seems to be the “money” tier for this mission. I had issues trying to do the same step but I switched to Dallas and I saw tons of British cvs from people getting them recently to make this step easy to do in a few games. Try the lower tiers and good luck on the plane hunt.