Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JamesZ28

ENTERPRISE

13 comments in this topic

[ASHIP]
Members
85 posts
7,669 battles

Starting to get the hang of it, this is just one of those games where it all falls your way, normally about 80k to 125k total dmg.

shot-19.03.07_20.33.48-0425.jpg

shot-19.03.07_20.33.51-0373.jpg

• Cool 2

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,223 posts
21,341 battles
7 minutes ago, JamesZ28 said:

Starting to get the hang of it, this is just one of those games where it all falls your way, normally about 80k to 125k total dmg.

Nice game! I'm really looking forward to picking it up when it goes back on sale.

Members
110 posts
2,335 battles

I finally gathered enough courage to play Enterprise in a random today and did pretty well in an extremely close game. It was my first post-rework random battle in a CV. It convinced me to play more random cv battles and not refund my premmie carriers.

Members
110 posts
34 minutes ago, JamesZ28 said:

Well done indeed!!

Related image

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,223 posts
21,341 battles

Double posted...

Edited by Skuggsja

[ASHIP]
Members
85 posts
7,669 battles

The Big E is more forgiving on plane losses and really I think her attack planes do just as much dmg and get better hits than the Saipans,  The Saipan if played right is better when uptiered BC the aircraft speed is so much higher esp when boosted, it seems like there might have been a stealth nerf to the Saipans Tb aiming, it almost never gets down to its smallest angle now where it used to fairly easy.  The Big Es dive bombers if used right are awesome.  Saipans attack planes against cruisers are pretty good, Ive actually gotten a citadel with them on a cruiser and a DD, actually was a Benson and deleted him in one pass little over 12k in dmg 4 tiny tim hits broadside. The Saipans Db will almost always start fires when u land them, Big Es will almost always citadel if you drop them right, seems like the Saipans Tb cause more flooding though. In both cases the only way you can do big dmg in a Cv is if the match goes the full time limit,.

Ps both attack planes do the most damage when u land your hits to the broadside of a ship, the Dds especially are learning this quickly and turning into or away from your attack runs now, used to just do it with the dive bombers

Edited by JamesZ28
  • Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
85 posts
7,669 battles

The new Cv play requires you to be patient and plan your strikes, approach, exit lane, look at your target, is it part of a AA bubble are other ships gonna be able to close with it and add their AA to its defense, is it the 1st part of the match or has that ship been getting hit enough that its AA is degraded( really doesnt apply to Mino, Worc, Atlanta, Flint, Etc) does it have defensive fighter it can launch, where is the opposing Cvs planes, is it gonna wait till you commit to attacking and drop a Fighter consumable on you. can you use a Island as cover.  Really the new CV mechanic is just as difficult as the old style just in a Different way.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
689 posts
7,129 battles
2 hours ago, JamesZ28 said:

The Big E is more forgiving on plane losses and really I think her attack planes do just as much dmg and get better hits than the Saipans,  The Saipan if played right is better when uptiered BC the aircraft speed is so much higher esp when boosted, it seems like there might have been a stealth nerf to the Saipans Tb aiming, it almost never gets down to its smallest angle now where it used to fairly easy.  The Big Es dive bombers if used right are awesome.  Saipans attack planes against cruisers are pretty good, Ive actually gotten a citadel with them on a cruiser and a DD, actually was a Benson and deleted him in one pass little over 12k in dmg 4 tiny tim hits broadside. The Saipans Db will almost always start fires when u land them, Big Es will almost always citadel if you drop them right, seems like the Saipans Tb cause more flooding though. In both cases the only way you can do big dmg in a Cv is if the match goes the full time limit,.

Ps both attack planes do the most damage when u land your hits to the broadside of a ship, the Dds especially are learning this quickly and turning into or away from your attack runs now, used to just do it with the dive bombers

Thank you!  I totally agree with pretty much everything you have said about the Saipan.  I offset the plane losses by rarely attacking with a full squadron.  Other than that you are spot on.  Looks like I will be purchasing the Enterprise if and when it ever becomes available again.

Edited by HallaSnackbar
Spelling

[ASHIP]
Members
85 posts
7,669 battles

Whats funny is the Big E has wide oval pattern the promotes broadside attacks, the Graf the oval is vertical promoting attacking down the length, it also has really good attack planes, but the Grafs dive bombers do better when you attack from the side, if you attack length wise they always seem to straddle your target no matter how good a drop you do.

Edited by JamesZ28

[POP]
Members
689 posts
7,129 battles
2 minutes ago, JamesZ28 said:

The new Cv play requires you to be patient and plan your strikes, approach, exit lane, look at your target, is it part of a AA bubble are other ships gonna be able to close with it and add their AA to its defense, is it the 1st part of the match or has that ship been getting hit enough that its AA is degraded( really doesnt apply to Mino, Worc, Atlanta, Flint, Etc) does it have defensive fighter it can launch, where is the opposing Cvs planes, is it gonna wait till you commit to attacking and drop a Fighter consumable on you. can you use a Island as cover.  Really the new CV mechanic is just as difficult as the old style just in a Different way.

The new playstyle IMO requires more strategy and map awareness but less concern for the enemy CV and dealing with him.  Basically if you removed fighters and the straiff mechanic from the old RTS system and buffed the individual ships aa drastically the game would be the same.

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
85 posts
7,669 battles

That was true, but Im seeing the enemy CV driver starting to counter my attacks more with a fighter consumable, not just drop in my way, but actively wait for me to commit and then drop it on me or watch for me not paying attention and drop in my way when im turning around, and on the Saipan that can be debilitating as hell real quick with its slow regen rates and not only that the fighter consumable doesnt care what tier your planes are it shreds them no matter what. Although you can counter drop your Fighters and they will negate each other pretty much 

Sign in to follow this