You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Forum_Troll

This Masquerado Event makes people go full mental midget.

31 comments in this topic

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts

DISCLAIMER: I love the fact Wargaming is doing player driven events. I think it is AWESOME you spend time and resources on events like these.  Also, big kudos out to the player volunteers who do this for the community.  I can not thank you enough for doing what you are doing for all of us.

3/4 of the games I have played today with Masquerados my team died in the first 5 minutes cause "YOLO MASQUERADO!".  Next event like this can we have no discerning way to tell who is the pigeon?  These types of events make people go full throttle [edited] right into death trying to kill a Masquerado.  It completely ruins it for everyone else who doesn't give a flying one about the event and just want to play the game.  If they had no idea who the Masquerado was, and just got lucky, it would make this so much better.  People are literally throwing games to try to get 100 dubloons.  I use over 100 dubloons per match in flags alone.  It completely wastes my consumables because people can't just play the game normally, instead the turn on the laser focus to the Masquerado.

While I like these events, players do not need more of a reason to play worse than they already do.  Maybe make everyone the pigeon and the Masquerado the hunter.  So if you get killed before the Masquerado dies, you don't get credit.  Then at least it would force people to play smarter, instead of YOLOIGOKILLTHINGSHURDUR.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,743 posts
11,853 battles

In 60 games as an event maskarado, I can say i haven't seen this.  The rewards are nice for basically playing the game, but not so extreme that people will go full tilt in going for it.  Sure I get focused by people in the area, but I have not seen any suicide missions or anything.  I am right around 50 percent win rate so it's pretty even for me.

I used to think the same as you guys, justifying bad play by thinking people just went crazy for the event. But playing the other side has opened my eyes a bit.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[WORX]
Members
7,973 posts
16,699 battles

I disagree. The mask ones are there to provide some flavor... They are not there to win the match for you.

Based on the stats I have see so far.. Your argument dont have any weight... So far, mask players are doing better then in the turkey event...

IF YOU dont like the event  that is ok.. However, many enjoy it... Let hem have their fun...

• Cool 1

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

I disagree. The mask ones are there to provide some flavor... They are not there to win the match for you.

Based on the stats I have see so far.. Your argument dont have any weight... So far, mask players are doing better then in the turkey event...

IF YOU dont like the event  that is ok.. However, many enjoy it... Let hem have their fun...

It isn't the Masquerados that are the problem bud.  

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles

I like how people throw themselves at these boats for 80 cents of doubloons.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,213 posts
13,144 battles

That's not the first time such an event made people go crazy. The Corgi event for instance made a lot of people chase a single ship at the cost of the win. On the other hand tho, yesterday I saw a Masquerado DM I think charging straight through B and die like an idiot. 

I guess it works in both way.

[R-F]
Members
1,718 posts
10,018 battles

Arguably any quest, mission, event, contest, or whatever that has any sort of goals other than "win the match" will cause players to behave in ways that prioritize things other than winning the match.  Who can honestly say they never passed up a shot at a British ship for a slightly less advantageous shot at a German ship, because they had a mission to damage German ships?

So I can see where the complaint is coming from to some degree, but unless you want to play a game with absolutely no special events and quests and missions whatsoever, it's just something you have to live with from time to time.

• Cool 2

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,412 battles

Playing 50 games as a mask, I can say I've seen more abuse and salt rather than players yolo-ing to try and kill me 

• Cool 2

[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles

That is why i like these event where normal people participate but also hate because team goes apes**t once there is a event ship in game. 

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
6 minutes ago, Ashy_GB said:

Playing 50 games as a mask, I can say I've seen more abuse and salt rather than players yolo-ing to try and kill me 

Neither is good for the game.

• Cool 1

Members
110 posts

People do the same thing when there is a test ship in the server as well I've noticed.  Everyone focuses on that and forgets about objectives or anything else.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,809 posts
5,894 battles
57 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

image.png.ac8b761fa7efc30ae5fb605bcb9cdf90.png

If we see a bot sporting a permacamo, we'll know the truth.

Alpha Tester
1,243 posts
4,969 battles

Being the fourth such event I've participated in, I find more ignorance of the event than I do people rushing across the map to kill me unless the game is pretty much over either way. Really the only time I've witnessed such behavior was during the Phantom Fortress event, which was the first event of this kind and I believe the rewards were much more lucrative. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

what are the rewards anyways?  I've killed a couple of masks, but mostly I've been paying attention to the exeter quests

[SC]
Members
9 posts
4,130 battles
7 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

what are the rewards anyways?  I've killed a couple of masks, but mostly I've been paying attention to the exeter quests

100 doubloons
1x of the following camo: 
Lá Fhéile Pádraig
Sirocco
Tokyo Game Show
FTW
Brilliant Ray
10x of the following signal flags:
Papa Papa
Zulu Hotel
Zulu
Equal Speed Charlie London
India Bravo Terrathree
1x Clash at Carnival event flag

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
6 minutes ago, QuantumRat said:

100 doubloons
1x of the following camo: 
Lá Fhéile Pádraig
Sirocco
Tokyo Game Show
FTW
Brilliant Ray
10x of the following signal flags:
Papa Papa
Zulu Hotel
Zulu
Equal Speed Charlie London
India Bravo Terrathree
1x Clash at Carnival event flag

Thanks mate

Members
220 posts
6,578 battles

I was mask 83 in this event and I have seen both side to this whole convo….

Personally I made it so people would have to work to get the kill and reward off me, but that said if the team I was on, was going to win I would sometimes make the decision to yolo in and give out a consolation prize to someone that was left on the other side.

I have even played games where I have had 6 or 7 people target me and I have managed to drag them 6 or 7 down the 1 or 10 line well away from a fight/game and their team loses.

over all though I think the event has been a massive success this time round

My personal stats on this event up to now is a team 55% win ratio - it was over 60% this morning but I cant help how other team members play and have survived 17 from 66 battles 

I think a lot of the other people who been participating this time round have similar figures

Edited by Feclez

Members
939 posts
7,109 battles

well dumb players be dumb. cant do anything about that whether they be a normal player or a mask.

WG tries to implement all these fun events and everything but then you have some braindead people who will abuse it. nothing we can do. braindead potatoes will be braindead

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
2 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

DISCLAIMER: I love the fact Wargaming is doing player driven events. I think it is AWESOME you spend time and resources on events like these.  Also, big kudos out to the player volunteers who do this for the community.  I can not thank you enough for doing what you are doing for all of us.

3/4 of the games I have played today with Masquerados my team died in the first 5 minutes cause "YOLO MASQUERADO!".  Next event like this can we have no discerning way to tell who is the pigeon?  These types of events make people go full throttle [edited] right into death trying to kill a Masquerado.  It completely ruins it for everyone else who doesn't give a flying one about the event and just want to play the game.  If they had no idea who the Masquerado was, and just got lucky, it would make this so much better.  People are literally throwing games to try to get 100 dubloons.  I use over 100 dubloons per match in flags alone.  It completely wastes my consumables because people can't just play the game normally, instead the turn on the laser focus to the Masquerado.

While I like these events, players do not need more of a reason to play worse than they already do.  Maybe make everyone the pigeon and the Masquerado the hunter.  So if you get killed before the Masquerado dies, you don't get credit.  Then at least it would force people to play smarter, instead of YOLOIGOKILLTHINGSHURDUR.

Yes i mentioned the same thing. The idea behind the event is cool but the way they made is terrible.

I suggested to be the maskarado to pick one random mysterious player from both teams, and only maskardo would know what that player is. If that player got sunk the killer would got the reward. This would stop the event from ruining games and the players from both teams could join.

[NWNG]
Members
3,040 posts
4,915 battles
1 hour ago, Ashy_GB said:

I've seen a lot of salt too.

28 minutes ago, Feclez said:

I was mask 83 in this event and I have seen both side to this whole convo….

Personally I made it so people would have to work to get the kill and reward off me, but that said if the team I was on, was going to win I would sometimes make the decision to yolo in and give out a consolation prize to someone that was left on the other side.

I have even played games where I have had 6 or 7 people target me and I have managed to drag them 6 or 7 down the 1 or 10 line well away from a fight/game and their team loses.

My personal stats on this event up to now is a team 55% win ratio - it was over 60% this morning but I cant help how other team members play and have survived 17 from 66 battles 

I think a lot of the other people who been participating this time round have similar figures

That's what I try to do myself, but my playstyle is  wonky, lots of ups and downs, mostly downs.

But then every once in a while, I get a gem like this, I felt so sorry for the red team who had two masks who couldn't do anything to stop me:

Spoiler

20190310213723_1.thumb.jpg.ff508f5a404cbf2c07ccfd45d855b7d6.jpg20190310213727_1.thumb.jpg.9531048c792eb835a63faa55fde70f05.jpg

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
36 minutes ago, Feclez said:

It is amazing you say it has been a massive sucess when you say "I have even played games where I have had 6 or 7 people target me and I have managed to drag them 6 or 7 down the 1 or 10 line well away from a fight/game and their team loses." You never thought about the players in the enemy team that are trying to win and see all the idiots going full r-e-t-a-r-d chasing  you.

The idea behind the event is cool but the way you guys choose to make it, ruined many games. It wasn't enough to play with weekend warriors, i needed to see those weekend warriors chasing one target.:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by _no_one_