You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

0.8.2 permacamo sneak peek

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,174 posts
4,602 battles

There are 8-10 new permanent camos available for Ironium in the Public Test of 0.8.2.  They aren't pictured in the Armory so I thought a peek would be of interest.  N.b. These may be W.I.P. and nothing like the final version.

I bought two, Bionic Algérie and Saint-Louis. This is the Tier IX.  I'd show the Tier VII but it's next to impossible to get the ship to display it on.

625271336_Bionic_Saint-Louis1.thumb.png.51846d035f1c2d367c46f48597fdb9cf.png

96454105_Bionic_Saint-Louis2.thumb.png.868c57637c623b3277769adebaf0dfce.png

1866082763_Bionic_Saint-Louis3.thumb.png.69ac7ff83bfc20ec7bd66a6313cf80f7.png

This I wouldn't be embarrassed to drive on my daily commute to the battle line.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,923 posts
7,591 battles

To add, at this point at least the only camos are for US and French cruisers T6 - T9.  Would have been nice to have a T10 or camos for other lines.  I'm currently grinding the french cruisers so those will at least be useful for me to save expendable camos. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,818 posts
4,361 battles

Just an FYI; you can find all of the "Bionic" Camouflage here. Not my site, but they're all there for those interested.

Also to tease, courtesy of said site:

Shimakaze's Space Camo: Distinctly similar to Zao's Space Camo.

Spoiler

cxB80n7.jpg

Hindenburg's Space Camo: Distinctly similar to Große Kurfurst's Space Camo.

Spoiler

1lzJ8gm.jpg

Henri IV's Bionic Camo (NOT A SPACE CAMO; it's part of the Bionic Set): While Henri lost out on getting a Space Camouflage, the Bionic actually looks the best on her; not so much on others due to the more "real" elements like the massive panel radar on some USN ships.

Spoiler

aOPsQIe.jpg

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,293 posts
10,943 battles

It would be nice if WG focused more on historical camo than try to convert WoWs into the next starship video game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,099 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

It would be nice if WG focused more on historical camo 

don't put together the words "historical" and"wows",seriously.it's for the best.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,174 posts
4,602 battles

It's a freekin April Fools Event.   Why do you find it necessary to whine at it?

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,242 posts
4,866 battles

I think they look pretty cool. Better than the halloween event ships you see sailing around with their camo.

[NGA]
Members
1,961 posts
10,271 battles

I'm honestly not a big fan of the space camos. They feel a bit too uniform in their color scheme and that price tag makes them a little unappealing. Though at the same time anyone who does like these is perfectly entitled to do so and to support Wargaming for creating something they like. Me, I personally love the Halloween camos because I feel they give all the ships personality and I have all those with the camos in my port even if I despise the ship (glances at North Carolina).

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

It would be nice if WG focused more on historical camo than try to convert WoWs into the next starship video game.

This, these space camos will be turned off.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
23,562 posts
21,117 battles
3 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

Just an FYI; you can find all of the "Bionic" Camouflage here. Not my site, but they're all there for those interested.

Also to tease, courtesy of said site:

Shimakaze's Space Camo: Distinctly similar to Zao's Space Camo.

Reveal hidden contents

cxB80n7.jpg

Hindenburg's Space Camo: Distinctly similar to Große Kurfurst's Space Camo.

Reveal hidden contents

1lzJ8gm.jpg

Henri IV's Bionic Camo (NOT A SPACE CAMO; it's part of the Bionic Set): While Henri lost out on getting a Space Camouflage, the Bionic actually looks the best on her; not so much on others due to the more "real" elements like the massive panel radar on some USN ships.

Reveal hidden contents

aOPsQIe.jpg

The bonus for the Black camo.  Jeez...

They're nerfing Monarch when it's a middling performance Battleship?  LOL!  I can't recall a thread made by anyone that screamed Monarch was OP in some form or fashion! 

Image result for nicholas cage laugh gif

It's as stupid as a nerf as what Seattle got not long ago.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,818 posts
4,361 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They're nerfing Monarch when it's a middling performance Battleship?  LOL!  I can't recall a thread made by anyone that screamed Monarch was OP in some form or fashion! 

Maybe WG will also give the Monarch's guns slightly better AP performance in exchange? I mean, Monarch's 15" Mk.III guns are somehow worse than other forumites' projections for what the 15" Mk.II performance should have been, even with short-fuse.

Or they might just upgrade her Repair Party to that of Lion's and Conqueror's. That seems like a more convenient option for them than spending any more time trying to balance Monarch again, after all the delays during the line's testing and once more with the recent test changes.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
741 posts
14,794 battles
5 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I think they look pretty cool. Better than the halloween event ships you see sailing around with their camo.

My Bismark is wearing her Halloween costume and would like a word with you.

I think I've acquired most of them and personally like the differences. The Mogami's, I think it's the squid one, isn't for me but most of the rest I enjoy especially since I've gotten them in the Halloween crates largely for free from doing the missions. I don't own any of the space camos.  

[N-W-T]
Members
1,923 posts
7,591 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The bonus for the Black camo.  Jeez...

It's as stupid as a nerf as what Seattle got not long ago.

What do Monarch/Seattle nerfs, or the Black camo, have anything to do with the space/bionic camos, which is the topic of this thread.  If you meant Bionic instead of Black, they have the same bonuses as standard permacamos so the question remains. 

Spoiler

ontopic.jpg.57b8af43cbbd5bf7c60da293e25a2cf8.jpg

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,168 posts
6,058 battles

Eh, not a fan of the "Bionic" skins. They look like space camos that are only half-done. I like the looks of the space camo, those models are all varying degrees of gorgeous, but I also won't be getting any of them. I like them within the event, not sailing around in randoms.

[WOLF3]
Members
23,562 posts
21,117 battles
43 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

What do Monarch/Seattle nerfs, or the Black camo, have anything to do with the space/bionic camos, which is the topic of this thread.  If you meant Bionic instead of Black, they have the same bonuses as standard permacamos so the question remains. 

Reveal hidden contents

ontopic.jpg.57b8af43cbbd5bf7c60da293e25a2cf8.jpg

My post was initially on topic, son.

You didn't follow YamatoA150's link, which is fine.  I was going to show a site screenshot but that's not necessary as WG had an official release information about the other camo Black will access.

In 0.8.2 update Black will get the new permanent camouflage “Marlin” for Molybdenum with the following bonuses:

3% to detectability range.
+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
+150% Experience per battle
+150% Free experience per battle
+150% Commander’s experience per battle
-10% ship’s post-battle service

That is the highest set of bonus I have ever seen on Perma-Camo in the game.  However, it will be limited by Molybdenum access and I don't know how one achieves getting that.  Again, this is extremely high set of camo bonus.  Hell, even even the best of consumable camo doesn't get that high.

I don't give a sh*t about the Bionic camo.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[_-_]
Members
2,944 posts
8,093 battles
8 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Why not both? Choice is a good thing, and you can always turn off the weird space stuff in your port settings.

I'd love to see Measure 1 and Measure 12 available for any and all US ships.

• Cool 1

[KSD]
Supertester
67 posts
9,974 battles

It’s nice to see variety in the permacamos. Yea there are purists who don’t want to see these but that’s what the option to turn them off is for. Nice job wg in giving the ones who like this kind of camo some more options for our ship to sport.