You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dwailin

Shells Passing Through Targets

6 comments in this topic

[TMS]
Members
1 post
5,399 battles

Played a match in my Dallas.  Replay attached.  After finishing off the Graf Spee, I turn my guns on the Farragut.  AP volley hits.  Switching to HE.  Next volley appears to pass through the Farragut's hull.  During play, I thought maybe I aimed at the water by mistake.  Next volley has same non-result.  Also saw splashes just past the target.  No hits.  Third volley I literally watch the shell pass through the target without registering a hit.  Next volley, shells connect but have no visual as I have just been sunk.  These three non-hit volleys could easily have killed the Farragut.  And that Farragut went on to be the enemy high scorer.  Had the bug not happened, I would have sunk him, and the match might have been a win without his later contribution.  Frustrating to be sure.

Also side note.  Every time I attempt to rewind the replay, the client crashes.

20190310_151546_PASC206-Dallas_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

Edited by Dwailin
  • Cool 1

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,063 battles

It's been happening to me as well..seems like it's mainly when I throw a salvo that should island out but doesn't, it's like the shells hit the island, but the tracers keep going anyways.

[KSE]
[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,616 posts
15,366 battles

It's called "de-sync", and it occurs when there is a sufficient lag between your client PC and the WG server.  While your PC resolved the video image based on what you were doing, there was enough of a lag that those shells actually missed because the ship you were aiming at was in a different position on the server than on your client PC.

It happens, and there are a cavalcade of possible causes, but if you were looking at your ping in the match, you might have noticed it spiking to 999 ms - which is essentially a disconnect from the server.  In large time frames, you will actually see your ship warp across the map or take an extreme facing based on keyboard input that was recorded but not displayed on the screen.  In smaller time slices you will see your shots hit or move through the ship but no damage is recorded.

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
102 battles

Ah yes, this is exactly my issue. So is there a fix on the client side of things for this?

Edit: Clean reinstall did not fix the issue. Clock re-sync did not fix the issue. Rebooting router and pc at the same time has fixed the problem. I have a feeling it's only a temporary solution...

Edited by detailmovie
Found a fix for my issue.

[-BMV-]
Members
6 posts
9,663 battles

Me, too.  Never seen this before, but it's super frustrating to see all my shells pass through the middle of a BB from 5-8km away and zilch.