Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gunga_Dinner

CV/DD, it is getting difficult to tell the difference anymore

9 comments in this topic

[CSALT]
Members
1,404 posts

The more I read the forums, the more and more difficult it is getting to tell the difference between the DD and CV posts.  They both are voicing the same basic concerns:

It isn't fun having to risk my planes/boat to sink the enemy.

It isn't fun being focused by overlapping AA/Radar.

It isn't fun when I get shot at without being able to shoot back.

It isn't fun and I don't get (enough) xp for spotting damage or scouting, so it isn't worth my time or valuable.

I can't do what I want because ships are using strategies to defend against me.

My weapons are useless because all someone has to do to avoid them is steer a little.

Wargaming has it out for me and they always just nerf my ship class.

AND my all time favorite:
It isn't fun being bottom tier cause it is hard and everyone can swat me easily.

tomato.jpg

EDIT:  Wow, all the vote options!  Don't think I've ever had that before.  Thank you!

All.JPG.7d20b58a886a18b02856085b7315a6ac.JPG

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,775 posts
11,096 battles
31 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

It isn't fun and I don't get (enough) xp for spotting damage or scouting, so it isn't worth my time or valuable

As a CV - this is actually true - BB's are actually given more XP for spotting now - literally the worst rewarded ship in the role. Any DD saying that needs to re-examine their playing, they make the most XP for it hands down.

34 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

My weapons are useless because all someone has to do to avoid them is steer a little.

Both can shut up on that one, predict the move, account for the move, score hits, ? profit. If I can, they can, they can't - they need practice. About All CV's get on that front is the RNG of bombs being 8 levels of what the :etc_swear:. I have had perfectly aimed drops miss entirely while a release I know will miss but gets my planes out of AA somehow hits a DD at the very edge of the aim circle.

37 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

It isn't fun being bottom tier cause it is hard and everyone can swat me easily.

I do my best work in a DD out tiered because I just go silent and hunt from the shadows with torps - I have options that require no return fire. Out tiered CV on the other hand unless it is a match of the absolute worst of the worse of AA ships can literally be left in a state to do nothing against remaining ships. 

And that first point is also insane on both parties parts. There should be some risk, just not insane doom levels of it. 

DD's and CV's have in many cases gotten the shaft lately, albeit there have been a few buffs and tweaks in their favour, like auto overpen on DD's which was an unwarranted level of one, but some of these are just stupid.

• Cool 1

[CSALT]
Members
1,404 posts
15 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

As a CV - this is actually true - BB's are actually given more XP for spotting now - literally the worst rewarded ship in the role. Any DD saying that needs to re-examine their playing, they make the most XP for it hands down.

On an individual spot basis this may very well be the case, but a BB is going to spot how many ships in a battle?  1?  2?  A CV will spot at least 6 in the first minute of the game.  How much damage is a red ship going to take where a BB is the only one spotting it versus a red ship spotted by air and focused on by green ships?

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,775 posts
11,096 battles
16 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

On an individual spot basis this may very well be the case, but a BB is going to spot how many ships in a battle?  1?  2?  A CV will spot at least 6 in the first minute of the game.  How much damage is a red ship going to take where a BB is the only one spotting it versus a red ship spotted by air and focused on by green ships?

Except the real XP comes from ships shooting them. Some ships have Hydro or Radar that allows them to do it even in smoke - something a CV can't do at all. While a ship spotted by the BB is likely shooting at it, it has how much health and armour to deflect while having in most cases double the range of the planes spotting, let alone attack ability. Now add in that DD's are down to sub 3 km aerial spotting or close to it, several of which near high tiers have lethal AA, cruisers again by tier 7-8 you basically can't see a cruiser till it's shooting your planes, about the only thing they can really spot now are BB's, maybe the other CV, and DD's with really bad AA, if they can hover over them and the team actually shoots them. 

[CSALT]
Members
1,404 posts
2 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Don't forget the smug/smarmy and panicked/angry post that flip flip when an update comes around then flips again when people adapt to that.

It is chuckle inducing when people say 'git gud' and then rant when everyone does.

[CSALT]
Members
1,404 posts

Oh, and the new one, I almost forgot:

It isn't fun with the new flooding mechanic.  My torpedoes are meaningless now.

[CSALT]
Members
1,404 posts
5 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

The flying dds!

You may say that in jest, but you're not far wrong if you actually think about it.  They share many similar tasks, strategies, and limitations.

Sign in to follow this