Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

AA is still overtuned

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,645
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,495 posts
9,311 battles

Was top tier in my Lexington in my latest match. Still barely did anything because the enemy team traveled in blobs which made trying to approach for attack runs suicidal.

Even ships with mediocre or bad AA traveling in groups can be lethal to aircraft.

Lord help you if you are bottom tier because then you can look forward to doing nothing for most of the match.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,645
[WOLF3]
Members
23,745 posts
21,179 battles

Even in the Pre-CV Rework days, a group of ships was a bad target choice.  Be patient, choose isolated targets.  As time progresses those groups break up.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

Before the rework, CV players tried to justify their OP ness by saying people should stick together.  Now that they are doing so, you ask for nerfs

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,893 posts
509 battles
12 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Was top tier in my Lexington in my latest match. Still barely did anything because the enemy team traveled in blobs which made trying to approach for attack runs suicidal.

Even ships with mediocre or bad AA traveling in groups can be lethal to aircraft.

Lord help you if you are bottom tier because then you can look forward to doing nothing for most of the match.

so wait   you are saying that the enemy used TEAMWORK to defend itself and win the game????

LAGtvPn.gif

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,893 posts
509 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Before the rework, CV players tried to justify their OP ness by saying people should stick together.  Now that they are doing so, you ask for nerfs

 

oQoGvdT.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,645
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,495 posts
9,311 battles
12 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Before the rework, CV players tried to justify their OP ness by saying people should stick together.  Now that they are doing so, you ask for nerfs

 

Because it's not a fun system with how the rework has played out. I don't like having to go after isolated targets because it makes me feel like a vulture. Nor do I enjoy being forced to circle my planes outside of AA range spotting for my team since trying to actually make an attack means my planes get slaughtered. Being forced to sit around doing nothing Is. Not. Fun.

Nor do I expect it to be much fun for ships with weak AA to feel they have to glue themselves to a ship with good AA to fend off air attacks even with CV damage neutered as it was by the rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
2 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Because it's not a fun system with how the rework has played out. I don't like having to go after isolated targets because it makes me feel like a vulture. Nor do I enjoy being forced to circle my planes outside of AA range spotting for my team since trying to actually make an attack means my planes get slaughtered. Being forced to sit around doing nothing Is. Not. Fun.

Nor do I expect it to be much fun for ships with weak AA to feel they have to glue themselves to a ship with good AA to fend off air attacks even with CV damage neutered as it was by the rework.

I don't like playing against CVs at all, so...I'm not sure what to say here.  *shrug*

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,645
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,495 posts
9,311 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

I don't like playing against CVs at all, so...I'm not sure what to say here.  *shrug*

And I don't like playing against destroyers.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

And I don't like playing against destroyers.

me either, I'd prefer games with nothing but cruisers.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,893 posts
509 battles
13 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Because it's not a fun system with how the rework has played out. I don't like having to go after isolated targets because it makes me feel like a vulture. Nor do I enjoy being forced to circle my planes outside of AA range spotting for my team since trying to actually make an attack means my planes get slaughtered. Being forced to sit around doing nothing Is. Not. Fun.

Nor do I expect it to be much fun for ships with weak AA to feel they have to glue themselves to a ship with good AA to fend off air attacks even with CV damage neutered as it was by the rework.

because you think its not fun for a SMART PLAYER to realize he needs TEAMWORK to fend of your attack you came here to RANT about it????
When my AA is less than 40 I am glued to a ship  and its FUN... why>?? cause then I can SURVIVE and CONTRIBUTE to my team and there nothing the CV can do about it cause I am SMART, Observant, and Willing to do what it takes to stay alive....
How is that not fun>???


Every post you post here talking about teamwork being OP makes everyone realize MORE TEAMWORK will lead to MORE victories...
Well done good sir.... well done indeed...
You will be HAILED as the guy who single-handedly changed the WOWS META...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[LANCE]
Members
575 posts
5,006 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

me either, I'd prefer games with nothing but cruisers.

I’d wager that’d be the dullest game in history if it was at tier 10! Imagine all the cruisers lined up behind islands. No one spotting other than being able to use radar. No one venturing into caps for fear of being spotted and obliterated by any gun that could turn and get shots. The game would end in a draw after 20 mins of humping islands :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
803
[IXM]
Members
881 posts
3,934 battles

I find it to be quite balanced. CVs no longer annoy me nearly as much as they used to, but they can still be a major factor if played well. I understand all the CV kids want it back the way it was when they were stupidly broken, but as I've mentioned before, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
608
[ZR]
Beta Testers
262 posts
9,216 battles

Teams travel in blobs because it’s the safest thing in matches with CVs. If you don’t want them to travel in blobs, then don’t have them face CVs. 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’d wager that’d be the dullest game in history if it was at tier 10! Imagine all the cruisers lined up behind islands. No one spotting other than being able to use radar. No one venturing into caps for fear of being spotted and obliterated by any gun that could turn and get shots. The game would end in a draw after 20 mins of humping islands :cap_haloween:

there's a reason why I play t5-7 almost exclusively.  T10 sucks and swallows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
772 posts
4,613 battles

As someone who plays CVs a lot, I think this is how it should be. I have tons of games where the team blobs and I can do nothing about it. Then I just scout. But when that one Musashi breaks off to go solo, then it's time for me to attack. If grouped ships do nothing against planes, nothing will, and that wouldn't be fair. You just gotta play smart a CV, and have patience. If you can't be patient in a CV you should play another class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[TARK]
Members
585 posts
48 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Was top tier in my Lexington in my latest match. Still barely did anything because the enemy team traveled in blobs which made trying to approach for attack runs suicidal.

Even ships with mediocre or bad AA traveling in groups can be lethal to aircraft.

Lord help you if you are bottom tier because then you can look forward to doing nothing for most of the match.

OH, was that you in that [super neat] match where I did 96k in my gneisenau (while sitting next to 2 Atlantas) to your planes and only managed to shoot down 14?

No.  It isn't overtuned.  You're completely lying about being blown out of the sky... unless in your other games you forgot that you don't use all 3 groups of your planes with each strike.

Edited by turdjelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,645
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,495 posts
9,311 battles
14 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

I find it to be quite balanced. CVs no longer annoy me nearly as much as they used to, but they can still be a major factor if played well. I understand all the CV kids want it back the way it was when they were stupidly broken, but as I've mentioned before, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

There has to be a middle ground to be reached where carriers can do something without losing all their planes while surface ships aren't sitting ducks for aircraft though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[TARK]
Members
585 posts
16 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

because you think its not fun for a SMART PLAYER to realize he needs TEAMWORK to fend of your attack you came here to RANT about it????
When my AA is less than 40 I am glued to a ship  and its FUN... why>?? cause then I can SURVIVE and CONTRIBUTE to my team and there nothing the CV can do about it cause I am SMART, Observant, and Willing to do what it takes to stay alive....
How is that not fun>???


Every post you post here talking about teamwork being OP makes everyone realize MORE TEAMWORK will lead to MORE victories...
Well done good sir.... well done indeed...
You will be HAILED as the guy who single-handedly changed the WOWS META...

Oh thats cute.  Teamwork is for divisions and clan battles.  There will never be teamwork when everyone is a stranger.  Say what you will, you're wrong.  It isn't human nature to subject oneself to a pile of strangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
885 posts
9,976 battles
45 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

This is called CV progressing properly 

Are you playing CV'S?  I wasn't until WG announced CV's in the next Clan Battles!  So, now I'm rushing through the tiers in order to help out my clan when Clan Battles restart.  I can tell you I'm getting pummeled by AAA every game!  :Smile-angry:

At times when I attack a ship I lose my entire wing instead of just the element attacking, that's just ridiculous!  :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[TARK]
Members
585 posts
17 minutes ago, Desertfox51 said:

Teams travel in blobs because it’s the safest thing in matches with CVs. If you don’t want them to travel in blobs, then don’t have them face CVs. 

 

BINGO!

That is the single most frustrating thing about CVs in matches now.  There is NO safe way to play in a NON-AA heavy ship that isn't sitting 1km away from 2-5 other teammates that all have good AA.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
803
[IXM]
Members
881 posts
3,934 battles
2 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

There has to be a middle ground to be reached where carriers can do something without losing all their planes while surface ships aren't sitting ducks for aircraft though.

That's just it, I don't think there is. I don't think there's actually a way for WG to balance CVs. Just like subs, they're either going to be OP or under powered.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[TARK]
Members
585 posts
14 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

That's just it, I don't think there is. I don't think there's actually a way for WG to balance CVs. Just like subs, they're either going to be OP or under powered.

Was replying the same thing when you replied.  There IS NO BALANCE with CVs.  IF CV players are doing damage AND spotting, they break the game.  (No, they are NOT an analog to DDs in this regard.  Not at all.  Now, if a DD could motorboat around at 200 km / hr, then yes, they too would need a spotting nerf.)  They need to only be able to do 1 or the other.

A. their spots are like the first 6 seconds of the new radar to other players

B. they do less damage than they do now (yes, less) but continue to be able to spot for the whole team

 

Edited by turdjelly
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,893 posts
509 battles
4 minutes ago, turdjelly said:

OH, was that you in that [super neat] match where I did 96k in my gneisenau (while sitting next to 2 Atlantas) to your planes and only managed to shoot down 14?

No.  It isn't overtuned.  You're completely lying about being blown out of the sky... unless in your other games you forgot that you don't use all 3 groups of your planes with each strike.

 

1 minute ago, turdjelly said:

Oh thats cute.  Teamwork is for divisions and clan battles.  There will never be teamwork when everyone is a stranger.  Say what you will, you're wrong.  It isn't human nature to subject oneself to a pile of strangers.

Jbno9oL.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×