You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Comrad_Pravda

Parachutes? All of the pilots die every single time.

36 comments in this topic

[QCM]
Members
32 posts
7,578 battles

So have you ever considered that when you shoot down planes, there is NEVER a parachute. Hehe... ALL of the pilots die every single time apparently.

I know. I know. Wargaming doesn't show actual people in the machines if you look closely. It is just the vehicle. Wouldn't it make sense for there to be a parachute with a backpack with no guy attached though? Just something mildly entertaining I thought of.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,069 posts
5,589 battles

Invisible guys? What is this some kind of a sci-fi comedy?? LOL.

[PTRGT]
Members
372 posts
38,622 battles
1 minute ago, Comrad_Pravda said:

So have you ever considered that when you shoot down planes, there is NEVER a parachute. Hehe... ALL of the pilots die every single time apparently.

I know. I know. Wargaming doesn't show actual people in the machines if you look closely. It is just the vehicle. Wouldn't it make sense for there to be a parachute with a backpack with no guy attached though? Just something mildly entertaining I thought of.

I think it it would be nice to see the parachute then a sea plane land and pick him up....

[WOLF6]
Members
833 posts
7,849 battles
13 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

I think it it would be nice to see the parachute then a sea plane land and pick him up....

If that's the case , I wanna be able to machine gun the pilot in the water and shoot down the  seaplane as well , hell might as well have a chance for the pilot to be eaten by sharks too since we're indulging in fantasies here .

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[PTRGT]
Members
372 posts
38,622 battles
3 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

If that's the case , I wanna be able to machine gun the pilot in the water and shoot down the  seaplane as well , hell might as well have a chance for the pilot to be eaten by sharks too since we're indulging in fantasies here .

admit it you just want to run him over with your ship and grind him up with your screws... :fish_viking:

• Cool 2

Members
5,059 posts
9,013 battles

In a lot of battles the planes were wayyyy to close to the water to be able to bail out.  Look at WWII footage when ships were strafed and planes taken out - no parachutes there either.

[WOLF6]
Members
833 posts
7,849 battles
Just now, DeathsStalker said:

admit it you just want to run him over with your ship and grind him up with your screws... :fish_viking:

Hadn't thought of that . :Smile_veryhappy:

[PVE]
Members
19,475 posts
11,833 battles

Nah, planes are flown by Kerbals. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Everyone knows K.I.A. means Kerbal Is Alright. :)

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,990 posts

I think that WG want's to be more 'family friendly' with their game as opposed to many other fps war games. It's just planes downed and ships sunk rather than actually people mutilated and killed in this game. As a former Army medic and civilian paramedic I've had first hand experience with what projectiles and jagged metal actually do to a human body. I've worked on people who had a half-dozen bullets in them, tracked blood trails through inner city alleys during riots in order to find stabbing victims, and have watched the blood run out the back door of the ambulance like a river after transporting automobile accident trauma patients. This is one reason that I now like the "cleaner" games with less gore and blood.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,079 posts
8,618 battles
12 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

Sea kelp. :Smile_trollface:

[A-O]
Members
824 posts
8,876 battles

How about a statistic at the end of battle as to how many ship crew and officers died for the cause.

A blown up Bismarck is good for 2k right there.

Oh, i will prob regret this post :-)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[R-F]
Members
1,718 posts
9,973 battles

I have a theory that all of World of Warships is carried out on an alien world.  It's a game run by a civilization with ship-sized 3D printing capabilities.  Everything is fully automated, hence the lack of people.  They literally just print up new ships for each match, and it's all a game so there's no concerns with ships from different allied and axis nations sailing together. 

Prove me wrong.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,393 posts
14,474 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 12:23 PM, Comrad_Pravda said:

There are no crew in WOWS. At all. 

[-NOS-]
Members
1,175 posts
19,752 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, DeathsStalker said:

mowing down CV pilots in the sea with something like khab going 45knots doesn't sound like a bad idea at all....PAC-MAN style..  :)

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, freggo said:

How about a statistic at the end of battle as to how many ship crew and officers died for the cause.

A blown up Bismarck is good for 2k right there.

Oh, i will prob regret this post :-)

don't be silly, if there was crew in WoWs you never ever get to sink Bismarck, they would just argue they scuttled it. :etc_red_button:

[-NOS-]
Members
1,175 posts
19,752 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, KiyoSenkan said:

I'm seeing a lot of red flags for sociopathy in this thread.

You do realize there's million of gamers playing Grand Theft Auto who would never ever act out on such thing in real life right?  lol 

[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles
2 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

You do realize there's million of gamers playing Grand Theft Auto who would never ever act out on such thing in real life right?  lol 

out of thoes 3mil there is always a 0.5% of people that are like this

[WOLFG]
Members
26,590 posts
6,691 battles
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 4:05 PM, Snargfargle said:

I think that WG want's to be more 'family friendly' with their game as opposed to many other fps war games. 

Yeah, if you play WoT, open-top vehicles show as empty.

In this game, your planes don't show crew either. No rear gunners.

[ICLAD]
[ICLAD]
Beta Testers
65 posts
12,214 battles
9 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Oddly enough in World of Warplanes there ARE pilots and gunners in the planes, and still no parachutes!

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, Snargfargle said:

I think that WG want's to be more 'family friendly' with their game as opposed to many other fps war games. It's just planes downed and ships sunk rather than actually people mutilated and killed in this game. As a former Army medic and civilian paramedic I've had first hand experience with what projectiles and jagged metal actually do to a human body. I've worked on people who had a half-dozen bullets in them, tracked blood trails through inner city alleys during riots in order to find stabbing victims, and have watched the blood run out the back door of the ambulance like a river after transporting automobile accident trauma patients. This is one reason that I now like the "cleaner" games with less gore and blood.

And having pilots and/or crew abandoning ship getting mowed down or eaten by sharks may hit a little too close to the mark. I don't know that i want to watch Indianapolis' final gorey moments relive themselves every time i play wows...

[WOLF2]
Members
4,785 posts
17,571 battles
35 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I just started Wot and I kind of wondered why they say … 

"Let's get out of this tank - it's finished" after you see it go up in a ball of flames with pieces flying everywhere 

Seems counter-intuitive 

• Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,099 battles

maybe you should feel bad for killing billions of humans in your wows gaming career.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,785 posts
17,571 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

maybe you should feel bad for killing billions of humans in your wows gaming career.

The Horror … The Horror 

brought to you by Generation Kill