You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AJTP89

The TorpedoBeats Mode is Awesome!

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
3,166 posts
3,438 battles

Tried out the torpedobeats mode on the PTS server, and it's a lot of fun. DDs only, torpedoes only (main guns are secondaries). Ships do about 100knts, torpedoes are pushing 200, and reloads are 15 to 25sec. Epicenter, supposedly you have to cap, but it's just really a torpedo brawl. It's a blast, very, very fast paced, ducking, dodging, torping. You get heals, and each ship has either hydro, speed, or smoke. Sometimes you get nuked immediately, other times you dodge everything. But it doesn't matter, because it's over in 5 minutes and you're on to the next game. It's a fun break from the usual play.

One suggestion, just use Ocean for the map. The islands just get in the way, they don't actually add anything to the gameplay. And don't bother with CE, just spec for torps.

I also think it would be fun to try something like this in a BB. It'd have to be toned down a bit, but IMO the bigger the ship the better the torpbeats.

Also, I really hope Yuro makes a video on this. The mode is basically in his honor anyway.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,069 posts
5,589 battles

Do they play some Eurobeats as background music during a match? They better, else it'd feel soooo unfun (lol), in my opinion. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF8]
Members
6,069 posts
5,589 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Only if 

we get appropriate music

Time to post Eurobeats???

Spoiler

[WOLF5]
Members
3,166 posts
3,438 battles
4 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Do they play some Eurobeats as background music during a match? They better, else it'd feel soooo unfun (lol), in my opinion. :Smile_teethhappy:

They actually do, not the original, but clearly inspired by them. Like I said, they basically made a gamemode out of Yuro's videos.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,069 posts
5,589 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

They actually do, not the original, but clearly inspired by them. Like I said, they basically made a gamemode out of Yuro's videos.

Really? Now that's awesome if really true. If this mode becomes very successful, I hope WG implements it into the game for permanent availability.

Moar Eurobeats!

Spoiler