Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ridgevale

Getting Citadels as the British

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7
[FPWW]
Members
21 posts
3,819 battles

Hi, so I was just wondering, for the upcoming Exeter challenge coming up, would it be easier to get the 20 citadel ribbons in a BB or in a CL like Edinburgh? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,275
[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
5 minutes ago, coolguy603 said:

Hi, so I was just wondering, for the upcoming Exeter challenge coming up, would it be easier to get the 20 citadel ribbons in a BB or in a CL like Edinburgh? 

Thanks

Against other light cruisers, the Fiji and Edinburgh can be citadel machines with their high rate of fire relative to battleships. You get to correct any aiming mistakes very quickly and can reposition for better shots with greater ease. Go to co-op or operations (where you can face Tier 4 cruisers depending on the op), get in close (under 10km), position well, smoke up (or in co-op, YOLO and accept your likely death) and let rip.

The Leander has 50% fewer guns, but still does very well for itself if you position and shoot correctly.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[FPWW]
Members
21 posts
3,819 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Against other light cruisers, the Fiji and Edinburgh can be citadel machines with their high rate of fire relative to battleships. You get to correct any aiming mistakes very quickly and can reposition for better shots with greater ease. Go to co-op or operations (where you can face Tier 4 cruisers depending on the op), get in close (under 10km), position well, smoke up (or in co-op, YOLO and accept your likely death) and let rip.

The Leander has 50% fewer guns, but still does very well for itself if you position and shoot correctly.

Thanks alot, this helps a ton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[CLARE]
Members
564 posts

Leander and Fiji in CO-OP.

I favor Leander because you don't want to end up as low tier against T8.

 

Scenarios would work too.  I just like quick turn around of CO-OP.

Edited by ij70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,255 battles

Just for lols though, RN BBs can and do citadel cruisers with HE.  It wont be anywhere near the most effective way to do it,  but it’s fun!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[CLARE]
Members
564 posts
15 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

Just for lols though, RN BBs can and do citadel cruisers with HE.  It wont be anywhere near the most effective way to do it,  but it’s fun!   

True, I got Nelson so 9 tubes of possible citadel perforation, but I would rather farm fire ribbons in Nelson because it just so good at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,720
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, coolguy603 said:

Hi, so I was just wondering, for the upcoming Exeter challenge coming up, would it be easier to get the 20 citadel ribbons in a BB or in a CL like Edinburgh? 

Thanks

Quantity.  CL will give you more attempts.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,429 posts
8,824 battles

Just to note, it's a myth that British BB's don't have useable AP shells.  They can quite easily citadel cruisers just like any other BB's.  It's usually faster to complete any citadel missions in a cruiser, though.  Catch an enemy cruiser broadside at close range in the Fiji and you can get 10 citadel hits on a single volley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,255 battles
34 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Quantity.  CL will give you more attempts.

Most definitely the CLs will be the quickest and most efficiently way to get this done.  I’m thinking Fiji and hope to get a couple of tier 5 games with Omahas and Emeralds.  Done.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,720
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

Most definitely the CLs will be the quickest and most efficiently way to get this done.  I’m thinking Fiji and hope to get a couple of tier 5 games with Omahas and Emeralds.  Done.  

The best answer is farming Emeralds with an Exeter, but given the nature of the missions...*sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,275
[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
19 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

The best answer is farming Emeralds with an Exeter, but given the nature of the missions...*sigh*

A Fiji at close-ish range will farm Emerald or Omaha citadels all day long, and you have hydro to warn you against their torpedoes and 12 barrels to increase your chances of a hit. I think the most I got from a single broadside was five. Konigsbergs and Nurnbergs also make good victims if you can catch them out (particularly when you are smoked-up), but their nine-gun broadsides and effective AP make them much more dangerous targets if you offer too much side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,720
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A Fiji at close-ish range will farm Emerald or Omaha citadels all day long, and you have hydro to warn you against their torpedoes and 12 barrels to increase your chances of a hit. I think the most I got from a single broadside was five. Konigsbergs and Nurnbergs also make good victims if you can catch them out (particularly when you are smoked-up), but their nine-gun broadsides and effective AP make them much more dangerous targets if you offer too much side.

At close range yes;  An Exeter will farm then at any range or angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,275
[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

At close range yes;  An Exeter will farm then at any range or angle.

That good, huh? Definitely justifies the work I'm putting into trying to win her, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,720
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That good, huh? Definitely justifies the work I'm putting into trying to win her, then.

Well, honestly, I can't say for certain, but Furutaka is certainly doing the deed to emeralds.  I had nothing on EU to do these missions with, so I had to power out the Furutaka and Aoba so I had some ships I could use.  Furutaka is simply a monster now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×