Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SirDLW622

New Carrier Gameplay Style

6 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
2,176 battles

I usually don't post anything negative anywhere. But I am not a fan of the new style of play for the Carriers. I had the T7 US Independence. I really enjoyed playing with this ship as my dad worked on this ship when he was in the Navy. I feel robbed that it was removed from the game, and my account, with no compensation. Also, being able to use all plane types at once was a huge benefit to playing the CV. I sold the other Carriers I had in my account and will not be researching, buying, or playing CV again unless it changes back to (at least similar to) the way it was before.....

Anyone agree?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,593 posts
12,667 battles
20 minutes ago, SirDLW622 said:

I usually don't post anything negative anywhere. But I am not a fan of the new style of play for the Carriers. I had the T7 US Independence. I really enjoyed playing with this ship as my dad worked on this ship when he was in the Navy. I feel robbed that it was removed from the game, and my account, with no compensation. Also, being able to use all plane types at once was a huge benefit to playing the CV. I sold the other Carriers I had in my account and will not be researching, buying, or playing CV again unless it changes back to (at least similar to) the way it was before.....

Anyone agree?

Unfortunately the change is permanent. There are people in both camps, ones who liked the pre 8.0 rework (I'm in this camp), and ones who like the post 8.0 rework under the current style of play. I have played the new style to familiarize myself with it, and have improved somewhat. I doubt I'll do as well as the old RTS style but it is what it is.

Your account should have received the even tiered ships T4 Langley, T6 Ranger, T8 Lexington, and T10 Midway if you had researched the entire USN CV line. If you chose not to keep them, not 100% clear on the details but you could exchange / sell your ships for XP and exchange credits I believe.

I don't think I'm a good air combat simulator gamer so my CV play suffers. Plus the CV's are still in live test being tweaked. I do think they are close to being done however.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[SHPFC]
Members
243 posts
7,508 battles

LOL.

11 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Plus the CV's are still in live test being tweaked.

How true that statement is. They say they are using a test server. Most of us think they are using the Live server to get the data.

33 minutes ago, SirDLW622 said:

But I am not a fan of the new style of play for the Carriers.

You have all of 1 match under the new style in the Hosho. 

34 minutes ago, SirDLW622 said:

I sold the other Carriers I had in my account and will not be researching, buying, or playing CV again unless it changes back to (at least similar to) the way it was before.....

Won't be changed back.  And you were credited with Free XP. 

Frosty

[-DZ-]
Members
280 posts
10,515 battles
10 hours ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

LOL.

How true that statement is. They say they are using a test server. Most of us think they are using the Live server to get the data.

You have all of 1 match under the new style in the Hosho. 

Won't be changed back.  And you were credited with Free XP. 

Frosty

Took me 3 matches to realize how crap the new gameplay was 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,883 posts
32,545 battles

Oddly I expected to hate the new CVs but they could be fun. Midway isn’t bad. Kaga is fun at least half of matches.

I miss the massive alpha strikes but you definitely can contribute to winning by spotting and/or killing key enemy ships. The graphics are cool except the dumb dive bomber antics and delay. 

The big problem is that WG has no clue about their own game. Tier 4 and especially T6 CV just suck. You can’t carry no matter what. Shokaku sits sadly in port. Why only 2 torps per flight?  Saipan is very situational. Hakuryu was OP for what, 3 weeks?

[ASHIP]
Members
84 posts
7,632 battles

I liked the old RTs style play and was a vocal opponent of the new style,  but the rework is actually not that bad as long as I dont get up tiered into the t9/10 matches, those are usually futile.  I do decent damage most games,  its just a totally different style of game play that requires anybody used to the old style to adapt,  You have to watch the other ships, your approach so you dont fly into too much aa, groups of ships can be deadly with their aa, some ships like the Mino, Worc are still no fly zones.  attack planes now are the bane of DDs,  and to a lesser extent so are the US dive Bombers with HE.  Ap bombers with a good approach and drop are still devastating especially to German BBs.  Ive had 15 citadels out of 17 hits before, though they still suffer somewhat from RNG.

PS  oh BTW the new strafe mechanic is waiting till the other cv commits to attacking a ship and then dropping your fighter consumable on top of him

Edited by JamesZ28

Sign in to follow this