You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ADMitsatrap_Ackbar

Console version fulfills wishes commonly expressed in the forum

38 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles

The tiers are also 1-7, and for the moment, carriers weren't even considered for the console market.

[YORHA]
Members
4,666 posts
9,064 battles

What happened to the "CVs are being dumbed down to fit in the console crowd"?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles
7 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

carriers weren't even considered for the console market.

I must have missed this announcement by Wargaming. Do you have a link or source to this information?

Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

The tiers are also 1-7, and for the moment, carriers weren't even considered for the console market.

Yes, from what I understand there will only be ships that actually existed.

Members
547 posts
362 battles

Not sure where your getting your information OP but they do plan on adding CV's to the console version. It was stated in the FAQ on the legends homepage back in Augest iirc.

CV's will not be available at launch, they are waiting for the rework to be completed here.

https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/20-intro-faq/

Edited by Ruthless4u

Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
3 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Not sure where your getting your information OP but they do plan on adding CV's to the console version. It was stated in the FAQ on the legends homepage back in Augest iirc.

CV's will not be available at launch, they are waiting for the rework to be completed here.

It's just the video information. Single source. Nothing about the future.

Members
547 posts
362 battles
3 minutes ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

It's just the video information. Single source. Nothing about the future.

Edited my post with link to the FAQ that's states they will be added.

Just don't want anyone to jump the gun on information.

[TBW]
Members
9,299 posts
16,150 battles

My possible future nephew has 7 of his friends signed up already for Play station4. Me, I don't console, it's too slow and the controller sucks.

Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
15 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/20-intro-faq/

Great, it aggregates information, I did not know this page. In the video the narrator mentions that it is not difficult to adapt the commands of the CV to the gamepad.
I'm signed up as a beta tester on x-box one S

[VOP]
Members
452 posts
9,647 battles
59 minutes ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

MM +1-1 and no CVs  in the version for consoles. It's in the video

Consoles, the wave and market of the future!  Death to the loyal PC user dinosaurs!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,180 posts
13,358 battles
1 hour ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

MM +1-1 and no CVs  in the version for consoles. It's in the video

There is a huge difference between applying +/- one to this game and the console game, the console ships are balanced around +/- one.

[EQRN]
Members
1,758 posts
14,574 battles

The one feature I like in the console version is the targeting reticle also providing turret-on-target info and reload status.

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,334 battles

Dont worry...CVs will come to the console version once they’re done using the PC version as guinea pigs and get it done right.  And if it’s successful the paper ships will come as well.  I don’t see any way to get Yamato, which WAS a real ship and quite a famous one, in the game without some of the paper counterparts to it.

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,334 battles

Also....the top tier IJN BB is Amagi, which has to be at least considered a semi-paper ship.  It was laid down but never completed and of the class of 4 ships only Akagi was ever compeleted and that was as a CV.  

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,901 posts
4,197 battles
2 hours ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

Yes, from what I understand there will only be ships that actually existed.

Amagi is the Tier VII Japanese BB, so no, ships that were never finished are in the game.  No idea how Yamato class will, or if it will, be added.

[CSALT]
Members
1,404 posts
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

There is a huge difference between applying +/- one to this game and the console game, the console ships are balanced around +/- one.

Wait...what?  I thought the arguement against +\-1 MM was the wait time for battles.  That they needed the larger spread of tiers to ensure a large pool for MM to craft fleets out of in a timely manner so the ADHD don't leave the game.  First I have ever seen someone saying MM is the way it is because of balance.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
Fixed spelling error/typo

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

The one feature I like in the console version is the targeting reticle also providing turret-on-target info and reload status.

That is not a surprise really. WoT console auto aim feature was better than the auto aim + mod on pc.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,180 posts
13,358 battles
42 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Wait...what?  I thought the arguement against +\-1 MM was the wait time for battles.  That they needed the larger soured of tiers to ensure a large pool for MM to craft fleets out of in a timely manner so the ADHD don't leave the game.  First I have ever seen someone saying MM is the way it is because of balance.

It is both, breaking up the queues is going to hammer wait times outside of prime time and the game is built around three tier matches.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I saw that as well, would be a nice addition to the PC game. 

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I must have missed this announcement by Wargaming. Do you have a link or source to this information?

I'd have to go digging. The RTS system was just an impossibility for consoles, so they decided not to develop them for consoles. 

That isn't to say the rework system won't work now, but I don't think I've seen anything so far.

[PVE]
Members
854 posts
8,259 battles

It has a few nice features, like the free capt retraining. 

Then you realize the game has a horrible core with absolutely atrocious grinds and mobile style commander progression.