You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bacl

Got an email from Wargaming.net and not too sure what to think.

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,906 battles

So today i looged into my gaming email account and noticed a mail from wargaming in the spam folder, goes as this:

Spoiler

Three Unique Ships: Choose Yours!

image.thumb.png.27eb6a04ee68d8d9f534c03472d9fdb2.png

image.thumb.png.ebac102e57cfe46f1f3053a1c8d220e8.png

The only Premium Tier IX battleship available for purchase.

She's ready to challenge any enemy thanks to her "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumable, which considerably increases her main guns' rate of fire. The all-forward main gun arrangement makes this battleship a formidable duelist, ready to engage ships of any type. Aircraft carriers will not find it easy to prey on Jean Bart either—she's a fast battleship, carrying one of the most efficient AA systems in the game.

image.png.b8701b45f5932a2afdf4e30de5a8b397.png

image.thumb.png.7b6988750da09bf8f0a3f6857702f8a8.png

The Premium squadron continues to grow. Welcome the first newcomer of 2019!

Wichita is a heavy US cruiser boasting high speeds, excellent maneuverability, and a strong AA defense system. Her main advantage is her effective primary armament, with a caliber of 203 mm, flat-trajectory ballistics, and dangerous armor-piercing shells. A real gift for all those who love the gameplay of the old New Orleans!

image.png.4bc361d8cfc4b575fae5996d8ea5fde3.png

image.thumb.png.12f640ab781d09f25328f06a4754b4eb.png

A dangerous weapon for all enthusiasts of short- and medium-range artillery brawls, allowing you to rain fire down upon your opponents from behind cover. The "Defensive AA Fire" ability, with an unlimited number of charges, also makes this cruiser a dangerous adversary for enemy aviation.

image.png.08df2f11f1558d5778dac63d85975637.png

line
twitter fb youtube instagram
WARGAMING.NET
This email was sent by
Wargaming Group Limited, 105,
Agion Omologiton Avenue, 1080
Nicosia, Cyprus, privacy@wargaming.net.

wg_logo
line
You received this email because you have a registered Wargaming.net account linked to this email address. If you no longer wish to receive messages from us, you can unsubscribe in the Account Management section. Please note that if your Wargaming.net account is not activated, you first need to activate it via the corresponding activation email to be able to access the Account Management section.

We respect your right to privacy, please see our Privacy Policy to learn more.
fire

So the email was sent on the 22nd of March and clicking any of the buttons leads to a "not found" or "doesnt exist anymore" page.

Was this a promotional email for these 3 ships or i missed my chance to play those ships for free for a limited time?

I am not sure what to thing of this mail and if anyone knows about this or got the same email please share you experience, the message is not that old but nothing works from it so i assume it expired.

[DPG]
Members
1,918 posts
9,528 battles

It's just an advertisement.  Those links led to the premium shop page for the ship so you could buy.  Not a try it out as the ad suggests.

• Cool 2

0 posts
3 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

It's just an advertisement.  Those links led to the premium shop page for the ship so you could buy.  Not a try it out as the ad suggests.

A misleading advert, if that is the case/

[DPG]
Members
1,918 posts
9,528 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

A misleading advert, if that is the case/

Indeed, because when I received that email I actually thought it meant "try" those ships as some kind of rental option.

• Cool 3

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,654 posts
7,278 battles
18 minutes ago, Bacl said:

So today i looged into my gaming email account and noticed a mail from wargaming in the spam folder, goes as this:

Reveal hidden contents

Three Unique Ships: Choose Yours!

image.thumb.png.27eb6a04ee68d8d9f534c03472d9fdb2.png

image.thumb.png.ebac102e57cfe46f1f3053a1c8d220e8.png

The only Premium Tier IX battleship available for purchase.

She's ready to challenge any enemy thanks to her "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumable, which considerably increases her main guns' rate of fire. The all-forward main gun arrangement makes this battleship a formidable duelist, ready to engage ships of any type. Aircraft carriers will not find it easy to prey on Jean Bart either—she's a fast battleship, carrying one of the most efficient AA systems in the game.

image.png.b8701b45f5932a2afdf4e30de5a8b397.png

image.thumb.png.7b6988750da09bf8f0a3f6857702f8a8.png

The Premium squadron continues to grow. Welcome the first newcomer of 2019!

Wichita is a heavy US cruiser boasting high speeds, excellent maneuverability, and a strong AA defense system. Her main advantage is her effective primary armament, with a caliber of 203 mm, flat-trajectory ballistics, and dangerous armor-piercing shells. A real gift for all those who love the gameplay of the old New Orleans!

image.png.4bc361d8cfc4b575fae5996d8ea5fde3.png

image.thumb.png.12f640ab781d09f25328f06a4754b4eb.png

A dangerous weapon for all enthusiasts of short- and medium-range artillery brawls, allowing you to rain fire down upon your opponents from behind cover. The "Defensive AA Fire" ability, with an unlimited number of charges, also makes this cruiser a dangerous adversary for enemy aviation.

image.png.08df2f11f1558d5778dac63d85975637.png

line
twitter fb youtube instagram
WARGAMING.NET
This email was sent by
Wargaming Group Limited, 105,
Agion Omologiton Avenue, 1080
Nicosia, Cyprus, privacy@wargaming.net.

wg_logo
line
You received this email because you have a registered Wargaming.net account linked to this email address. If you no longer wish to receive messages from us, you can unsubscribe in the Account Management section. Please note that if your Wargaming.net account is not activated, you first need to activate it via the corresponding activation email to be able to access the Account Management section.

We respect your right to privacy, please see our Privacy Policy to learn more.
fire

So the email was sent on the 22nd of March and clicking any of the buttons leads to a "not found" or "doesnt exist anymore" page.

Obviously it comes from the future. Wait til March 22 actually rolls around :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Members
120 posts
5,092 battles

I got it too, very misleading. Thought I'd have a chance to just try them out for a few days. Nope!

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,906 battles

Ok thank you guys for the feedback, well overall this whole thing was a waste of energy and time lol.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

Well that makes sense :Smile_amazed:

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Yeah it would be nice if they allowed prems to be rented out for a set amount of days free like they do with the t10s w/o the restrictions those ships have.

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Hey Bacl, thanks for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We'll get this feedback to the folks who handle our emails.  Can you confirm again when you received this?

[PVE]
Members
1,711 posts
7,931 battles

So much for 'truth in advertising'! :Smile_amazed:

Edited by Judge_Doom

[ISSI]
[ISSI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
257 posts
434 battles
1 hour ago, Squib_Surefire said:

A perfect example of WG and co listening to player feedback.... he gave the date in the first post

So he really is getting emails from the future :Smile_trollface:

(note he put March 22nd).