You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dad003

CV need alpha strike back

47 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
1,065 posts
13,586 battles

Every other class can do an alpha strike , as it stand right now one cannot carry a match with a CV if the team is potato , taking 5-10k max per run suck specially when the enemy team is all bunch up and you lose the squad is a wasted of time . You can Literally spend 5-10min on the same ship right now to finally kill him if your lucky.enough that the match last that long

Right now CV is just a spotting annoyance for the enemy team , rocket have been nerfed to the ground that they are useless .

The AA is soo strong pass t7 on many ship that if your bottom tier you're limited to maybe sub 40k damage with CV , the XP is so terrible with a CV that grinding the lower tier will take forever.

If the AA is to stay that strong and him gonna lose all my  plane in one.strike I want the alpha strike back so at least I will do some damage  while losing my plane

• Cool 12
  • Meh 6

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
8,316 battles

Not really. They need to Fix the MM for CV's. And undo a couple of the Damage Nerf's. I have had really great damaging games in tier 10. But now do to the new flooding Mech. and reduced Damage of the flood and the Reduced Chance of flood. The CV's damage is Down overall and across the board. CV's dealt their damage via D.O.T. and WG has crippled that. If they nerf the Damage of CV's any more they might as well take them out of the game because at that point all you will have is Spotters.

Frosty.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

Every other class can do an alpha strike , as it stand right now one cannot carry a match with a CV if the team is potato , taking 5-10k max per run suck specially when the enemy team is all bunch up and you lose the squad is a wasted of time . You can Literally spend 5-10min on the same ship right now to finally kill him if your lucky.enough that the match last that long

Right now CV is just a spotting annoyance for the enemy team , rocket have been nerfed to the ground that they are useless .

The AA is soo strong pass t7 on many ship that if your bottom tier you're limited to maybe sub 40k damage with CV , the XP is so terrible with a CV that grinding the lower tier will take forever.

If the AA is to stay that strong and him gonna lose all my  plane in one.strike I want the alpha strike back so at least I will do some damage  while losing my plane

2C1671C9-1277-4647-831C-D766C8D8F744.png.7c18b8ebcfab1d2e81bba35cdb54cb28.png

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
577 posts
3,843 battles

Would like Alpha back and to take away CV aerial spotting; enemy team gets revealed on the minimap but doesn't allow planes to walk in rounds from 7 ships simultaneously while performing their strikes.  That would make the CV-DD gameplay much better.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
116 posts
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

tenor - 2019-03-10T093751.801.gif

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, dad003 said:

Yes agreed. They need to give hugh alpha or very high flood chance. I laned 10 torps for like 20 k. DD complaning they cant one shot with 1 torp try 10 for 20k

Cv do need the abilty to dev strike 

• Meh 1

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
8,316 battles

I do agree to some degree.

15 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Cv do need the abilty to dev strike 

When you land 3 citadels on a BB using AP bombs that should be the end of that BB. If it was 3 Citadels from a BB it would be game over.

Frosty

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

When you land 3 citadels on a BB using AP bombs that should be the end of that BB. If it was 3 Citadels from a BB it would be game over.

Frosty

Its very true. Instead you 3 cits are like 10k at the most and its harder to land bomb cits than ap

• Cool 1

[I_K_U]
[I_K_U]
Members
14 posts
3,000 battles

My kaga misses her Banzai bomber drops.   Near impossible to do any damage now besides spotting and hounding limping dds....

• Cool 1

Members
321 posts
19,220 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, dad003 said:

Well CVs would be broken right now if they get the ability to dev strike with high alpha. This is particularly the case as they can make 2-3 runs per squad. Not to mention all the reserve. It's not like back then when a single AA ship can create a no fly zone the exception being Minotaur. Planes are pretty OP at high tiers, specifically Hakuryu planes being so fast and being able to attack high tier AA BBs grouped up together not losing any aircraft. I was in my Missouri with a division m8 in a Iowa and another t9 BB. We had very good AA and were supposed to create a no fly zone. He attacked us multiple times till two of us were sunk strike after strike. Truly cancerous.

CVs also counter DDs well, with outrageous damage with dive bombers and rockets. Not to mention the constant perma spotting.

If anything CVs need nerfs, not buffs. Especially Hakuryu which is still very broken. I'm singling out Hak because it's the only non premium CV that is overwhelmingly OP. I have no idea of premiums though as I don't own a single premium CV nor have I encountered them consistently enough to draw conclusions.
If CVs get the ability to dev strike. Every ship should basically get Minotaur AA essentially. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Members
321 posts
19,220 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 11:22 AM, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Frosty

That would be broken. 1 attack group can essentially dev strike 3 ships then. If 3 citadels should nuke a BB. Then a BB should be able to get Minotaur AA + DFAA.

CVs right now are very strong and have a lot of influence. Hakuryu though is still broken af. CVs initially should not be able to citadel BBs. That is just pure [edited]. Basically point and click gameplay. It's like saying it takes a lot of skill to play a Belfast.

Hak torp bombers are still broken being able to strike 2 AA BBs grouped up together without taking any losses and sinking them both. BBs should get a AA buff overall for self defense as even AA BBs grouped up together can't defend themselves. You shouldn't have 12 ships actively working together to counter just 1 CV.

And AP dive bombers are broken. 3 citadels is 1/5 of a BB's health that they cannot recover. But at what cost? You lose 0 planes. And don't get me started with CAs, they can lose 1/3 to even 1/2 of their health in a single attack. Not to mention the CV is more than likely coming back for more strikes before retreating the group and sending out more. Why should BBs be citadelled via the air? It's not like you can tell them to "get gud" because you can't angle to bombs like you can to ships. Citadels are a way of punishing bad play. And hiding in the map border with 5 other AA ships is not good play.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
8,316 battles
11 hours ago, Kanak_Unconquerable_hero said:

CVs right now are very strong and have a lot of influence.

Clearly you have no idea what you talking about. And have little to no idea how hard it is to land all 3 bombs that are dropped on a strike to land as Citadels. At Tier 8 that is how many are Dropped per strike.

12 hours ago, Kanak_Unconquerable_hero said:

CVs also counter DDs well, with outrageous damage with dive bombers and rockets. Not to mention the constant perma spotting.

You should really try this whole Perma Spotting thing. You can't keep a Ship peremently Spotted. And you try killing 1 with AP bombs. I'll wait on that one. Rockets ya ok. 

Why should BBs be citadelled via the air? It's not like you can tell them to "get gud" because you can't angle to bombs like you can to ships.

You can TURN left or right. You can CHANGE speed slower or faster. 

But at what cost? You lose 0 planes.

This would be great and think every CV player would as well. You always lose planes. 

BBs should get a AA buff overall for self defense as even AA BBs grouped up together can't defend themselves.

You Truly have no clue on what your talking about.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
144 posts
2,491 battles

What he said^^^.  CV’s are actually kinda weak right now.  Most DD’s can only be spotted at around 3km, if their AA is turned off.  Rocket planes need around 5km to make an attack run.  So basically, you need to actually FIND THE DD (remember planes are spotted at 10km, a much longer range than planes can spot ships), turn out, figure where the DD is going to be, and start your attack run blind, hoping the DD hasn’t changed course, or you will miss with your attack.

Imagine the outrage if DD players couldn’t sink a BB if they hit it with 6 torpedoes.  I have never sunk a full health BB (after all of the nerfs), with 6 torpedo strikes.  This is assuming you catch a same tier or lower non US BB, all by itself, with nothing else close enough to provide overlapping AA support, AND you get lucky enough that you can actually make 3 attacks before all of your planes get shot down.

CV’s can be effective, but it’s a lot of work to get good in them.

• Cool 3

Members
321 posts
19,220 battles
15 hours ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Clearly you have no idea what you talking about. And have little to no idea how hard it is to land all 3 bombs that are dropped on a strike to land as Citadels. At Tier 8 that is how many are Dropped per strike.

Clearly you have never played the Hakuryu, that thing gets citadels if you the bombs even touch.

You should really try this whole Perma Spotting thing. You can't keep a Ship peremently Spotted. And you try killing 1 with AP bombs. I'll wait on that one. Rockets ya ok. 

fyi, DDs are still easy to spot and you can keep them lit for the team.

This would be great and think every CV player would as well. You always lose planes.

Tell that to a Hakuryu.

You Truly have no clue on what your talking about.

Maybe you don't. AA BBs like Montana should not easily get nuked by a Hakuryu when there is an allied BB supporting him that also has a lot of AA.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
321 posts
19,220 battles

People who complain CVs are underpowered have no idea how to play them. They are effectively a new class and don't play the same so stop trying to go for 300k games because CVs are no longer damage focused. They are now very influential. Instead of spotting DDs for the team, their job is to basically counter DDs due to the constant buffs DDs have received. Buff after buff after buff only to DDs, so it makes sense that they get a few counters and since they only get 1 counter, that counter counters them real hard; enter CVs.

CVs are no longer high damage focused ships. They are no focused in basically creating a snowball effect by eliminating the overinfluential DDs. Of course there are games that you can't do anything because there is a Minotaur and Wooster everywhere. But that's pretty much life, you don't always get the perfect MM. 

I've met people who wanted CVs to be heavily nerfed in general. And there are unicum players that show it may be a bit too strong but these players basically do good in every ship. Doesn't mean every ship in the game is op. I personally think CVs are currently balanced where they are and now have a purpose that is good for the game. A class that has been constantly receiving buffs that they don't need now has received a real threat.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1

[UDEAD]
Members
708 posts
7,114 battles

How about no. CVs don't even have a limit on planes anymore (which is bull). Let's just let CVs die like they need to...double CV matches are unfun and a waste of time for every other person in the match. 

• Cool 3

Members
321 posts
19,220 battles
18 hours ago, smf117 said:

How about no. CVs don't even have a limit on planes anymore (which is bull). Let's just let CVs die like they need to...double CV matches are unfun and a waste of time for every other person in the match. 

Ikr and these people actually say CVs are underpowered. Especially the Hakuryu that totally doesn't nuke everything it hits with AP bombs. Even BBs like Montana and Yamato that were immune to Midway AP bombs now get citadelled by them. It's really broken. To make it worse, Hak planes are very fast and even an AA BB can't shoot them down.

Edited by Kanak_Unconquerable_hero
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,390 battles

I don't understand what you are talking about, I thoroughly enjoy spending 7 minutes and repeated waves of planes to whittle a bb from full health to near dead just so a teammate in a cruiser can deliver that final 300pt killing blow.  It is almost as fun as flying around dd's and taking out all of their modules rather than doing any damage to them.

It is so fun, I can't wait to sign up for another 365 of premium. 

• Cool 2

[-TOG-]
Members
172 posts
2,033 battles

They need to find a way to make CV play more IMPACTFUL, not necessarily more damaging. 

It simply isnt fun to be a spotter bot for your team, and the DOT playstyle isn't as rewarding/battle deciding as surface ship play. 

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,234 battles

At the least it needs to have some sort of detonation chance...

I barely played carriers before the rework. I simply did not like the RTS style.

I've played the new carriers in testing and since the release ...

They're hard work.

Which is not a bad thing.

But, yes: unlike BB, DD or CA - you have no opportunity to get any sort of big hit.

Catch an unaware BB in your DD: you fill its side with torpedoes.

Catch a clueless DD in your CA, and you blat it with 12 6in guns.

Catch a blind CA broadside in your BB, and you obliterate it with 16 in shells.

None of these things happen in a CV.

How many times have I rocketed a DD - reticule centred on it - and none of them hit? Same with bombs - even on CA.

And how many times have my bombs bounced off a BB's deck?

Plenty.

But there has never - I repeat NEVER - been a corresponding 'devastating strike'.

And that makes playing CV ... hard work.

I'm enjoying it. I choose to continue playing CV because - oh god - I needed a bit of variety in this game.

But I know that if I need to get XP, or captain points etc - I should be playing something else.

Members
2,640 posts
4,263 battles
15 hours ago, HMS_Formidable said:

At the least it needs to have some sort of detonation chance...

I barely played carriers before the rework. I simply did not like the RTS style.

I've played the new carriers in testing and since the release ...

They're hard work.

Which is not a bad thing.

But, yes: unlike BB, DD or CA - you have no opportunity to get any sort of big hit.

Catch an unaware BB in your DD: you fill its side with torpedoes.

Catch a clueless DD in your CA, and you blat it with 12 6in guns.

Catch a blind CA broadside in your BB, and you obliterate it with 16 in shells.

None of these things happen in a CV.

How many times have I rocketed a DD - reticule centred on it - and none of them hit? Same with bombs - even on CA.

And how many times have my bombs bounced off a BB's deck?

Plenty.

But there has never - I repeat NEVER - been a corresponding 'devastating strike'.

And that makes playing CV ... hard work.

I'm enjoying it. I choose to continue playing CV because - oh god - I needed a bit of variety in this game.

But I know that if I need to get XP, or captain points etc - I should be playing something else.

We're back to RNG being an issue and that irritates me.  We'd had a point in testing where that wasn't so but apparently we couldn't have that.  So now we can have ships completely encapsulated by our drop cursors and STILL miss.  I am not talking about evasive maneuvers and missing to the front or rear depending on ship speed,  I mean magically splashing left and right when that wasn't in the drop zone.  And aiming for accuracy hurts our penetration but aiming for penetration causes a lot more splashes then hits and for very little in the way of payoff.  Its frustrating,  to say the least.

• Cool 1

Members
167 posts
3,121 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 7:12 AM, jags_domain said:

Its very true. Instead you 3 cits are like 10k at the most and its harder to land bomb cits than ap

Actually 3 cits from a Hak BP is 25,500.  Hard to land though.

Members
167 posts
3,121 battles
On 3/21/2019 at 8:47 AM, Toxie2725 said:

They need to find a way to make CV play more IMPACTFUL, not necessarily more damaging. 

This is obviously not in WG's interest.  The whiners playing DD's would pout and cry.  As it stands, my GK has gotten stale again as the DD torp threat is back in full and I have no interest in pushing.   I only see one hope, the Russian BB line suffers from the DD prevalence.  Of course, the [edited] in Russia at least gave the Russian BB's cruiser accuracy to shoot the DD's...  No favoritism there....

Edited by Cpt_Barrett
  • Meh 1

Members
108 posts
11,676 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 4:47 AM, dad003 said:

I can't decide if this is a troll or you're being serious lol and I'm a CV player so this isn't coming from someone with a skewed opinion of CVs.

So are you saying then you think there's nothing wrong with 12-15 k alpha strikes with dive bombers?  This is the whole reason why people didn't like CVs is that they could carry a match.  So you want the alpha strike back WHILE having unlimited planes?? This has to be a troll.  You're not supposed to be able to sink individual ships, your job is to spot, finish off low hp targets, and slow down flanks.  You have to be selective of who you strike.  I'm not losing all my planes on my strikes.  Early game you're just spotting and harassing DDs.  It's not until 3-5 minutes have passed that you begin to see the ships that are singling themselves out.  I haven't had an issue with the Lexington at all.