Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

When You Kill All 30 Planes For the Exeter Mission In Co-op...

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,415
[STW-N]
Members
4,086 posts
9,559 battles

It took 35 battles in co-op, alternating between Pensacola and Indianapolis, to find all 30 plane kills in co-op.

Most of the time the kills occurred when the enemy AI cruisers attempted to launch their catapult fighters at close range, allowing me to kill them all within a few seconds using defensive fire. 

The hard part was, of course, a) actually surviving long enough and the match lasting long enough for me to get into AA range of the enemy cruisers and b) sniping the planes before they returned to their ships of origin or before someone else shot them down.

Luckily, it seems the rest will be easier to do.

2vo7nf.jpg.3c36aac765750b7ea2836acf55782994.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Well done sir. :Smile_honoring:

I am unsure, but you may find that you will still need to play Randoms to gain achievements required in a later mission(?) Unless this has been changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,229
[SYN]
Members
3,685 posts
22,440 battles
18 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Well done sir. :Smile_honoring:

I am unsure, but you may find that you will still need to play Randoms to gain achievements required in a later mission(?) Unless this has been changed.

You need 7 achievements for Part 4-1.

But you could do that in scenarios and avoid PvP

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
975
[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
8 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

You need 7 achievements for Part 4-1.

But you could do that in scenarios and avoid PvP

 

Can't you not do the event in scenarios?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
11 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

You need 7 achievements for Part 4-1.

But you could do that in scenarios and avoid PvP

 

Good point if scenarios are included as well. Thank you sir! :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,976
[ARGSY]
Members
20,061 posts
14,295 battles
21 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

You need 7 achievements for Part 4-1.

But you could do that in scenarios and avoid PvP

 

The main page describes 4-1 as do-able in Random, Co-op (a mistake as there are currently no achievements earnable there) and Ranked, not Scenarios. So although the vast majority CAN be done in co-op, that one part cannot. It's even more in error because there is currently no season of Ranked running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,014
[4HIM]
Members
3,017 posts
12,574 battles

I tried the plane shoot down in Randoms.  Even tried baiting the CV by playing a weak AA ship.  Low tiers as where they tend to show.  But still rarely saw a plane.  Best I did in Randoms was 3 planes.  And that was in the Marblehead on Straight.  And I charged that island the CV tends to hide behind.  Got fed up with it and took out the Mo-noggin in coop.  By then I was just going to ignore this mission as I wasn't even seeing planes.  But without even activating DFAA, took out 8 planes in that one match.  

Biggest issue for me is I just got to the point where I need base caps and defends.  The last battle to get the 8k base XP, I got 11 in one battle.  Since then, I get 6 standard battles in a row.  And never fails, at least one BB just kemps the home base so no 'defense' ribbons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,996
[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles
6 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I tried the plane shoot down in Randoms.  Even tried baiting the CV by playing a weak AA ship.  Low tiers as where they tend to show.  But still rarely saw a plane.  Best I did in Randoms was 3 planes.  And that was in the Marblehead on Straight.  And I charged that island the CV tends to hide behind...

Maybe I stole your luck...

DFAA Nicholas on Solomon’s, went in thinking it would take several tries, especially if I’d wound up in a T6 carrier battle...

...2 vs 2 T4 carriers...

...65 air kills, and a Kraken+1, and a Confederate...

(...did use up all my DFAA charges.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,244
[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

It took 35 battles in co-op, alternating between Pensacola and Indianapolis, to find all 30 plane kills in co-op.

Most of the time the kills occurred when the enemy AI cruisers attempted to launch their catapult fighters at close range, allowing me to kill them all within a few seconds using defensive fire. 

The hard part was, of course, a) actually surviving long enough and the match lasting long enough for me to get into AA range of the enemy cruisers and b) sniping the planes before they returned to their ships of origin or before someone else shot them down.

Luckily, it seems the rest will be easier to do.

2vo7nf.jpg.3c36aac765750b7ea2836acf55782994.jpg

It's how I got my 30 as well but as others have said it is pointless (outside of the few rewards along the way you can farm) unless you plan to go into Randoms to get the required 7 Achievements in Stage 4/Part 1. WG has admitted to this mistake/error in the requirement but is unwilling to correct it so the Exeter event can not be completed all in Co-op. Scenario's do not count either. You want Exeter for free? You MUST play Randoms and get 7 Achievements.

They say it was on oversight but was it really? Is something you admit is wrong, that is very easy to correct and make right, still an "oversight" if you refuse to fix it?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,229
[SYN]
Members
3,685 posts
22,440 battles
2 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Can't you not do the event in scenarios?

 

2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Good point if scenarios are included as well. Thank you sir! :Smile_honoring:

 

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The main page describes 4-1 as do-able in Random, Co-op (a mistake as there are currently no achievements earnable there) and Ranked, not Scenarios. So although the vast majority CAN be done in co-op, that one part cannot. It's even more in error because there is currently no season of Ranked running.

Good pickup I missed that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,996
[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You want Exeter for free? You MUST play Randoms and get 7 Achievements.

As if achievements grow on trees.

Fine if you’re some player whose tosses them off like a clown throwing candy to kids at a circus, not so much for most anyone else; for whom getting an achievement usually comes as a surprise.

More WoT ‘Daily Mission’ style stupidity bleeding over from WoT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[-KIA-]
Members
818 posts
10,869 battles

When I first saw the mission, I was like...

FB_IMG_1551380925272.jpg


Edit: not my pic, I stole it... hehehe

Edited by Amatsukaze_KaiNi
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,763 posts
93 battles

The easiest way to farm plane kills is to play at T5 randoms.

There are plenty of people playing T4 and T6 carriers, and T5 covers both tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[KRON]
[KRON]
Members
95 posts
3,099 battles

I get a lot of plane kills in DDs, even in IJN dds I got 7 last match. Benson was a good ship for getting them done. I have also done them (the plane kills in the directives) with the Massachusetts and the Bismark. Usually I do a couple randoms each day to see how I do then when I get to the must win parts of the dailies, I switch to Coops. I am sad we can't do it in Ops, as that is where I like to play most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,244
[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As if achievements grow on trees.

Fine if you’re some player whose tosses them off like a clown throwing candy to kids at a circus, not so much for most anyone else; for whom getting an achievement usually comes as a surprise.

More WoT ‘Daily Mission’ style stupidity bleeding over from WoT.

Don't shoot the messenger! :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As if achievements grow on trees.

Fine if you’re some player whose tosses them off like a clown throwing candy to kids at a circus, not so much for most anyone else; for whom getting an achievement usually comes as a surprise.

More WoT ‘Daily Mission’ style stupidity bleeding over from WoT.

Yes, I remember indicating that it was probably WG trying to get people to play what they want them to play. I believe I even stated that it would end up being a typo too (although they described it as an oversight).

WGs thought process really has seemingly gone into reverse lately and they just haven't done a great job with communication. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,996
[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles
28 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't shoot the messenger! :Smile_hiding:

Nothing personal intended.

Besides; you’re a Lab, (I think,) not a Roman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×