Admiral_Thrawn_1

Major mistakes made in Aqua Man

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

*Spoiler alert for any who have not seen the movie Aqua Man yet*

Just watched the movie last night and noticed major mistakes they made in the movie.

On Aqua Man move where Aqua Man raises the sub, then climbs on board, rescues the crew, fights, ect. Anyone notice and facepalmed about how a sub that was traveling at depth, which is often relatively deep as a Balistic missile sub just happens to simply sit there on the surface without immediately sinking again despite not seeing ballast tanks discharge... :fish_palm:

And only sinks again once flooding happens in torpedo storage compartment. They spend millions of dollars making such movies, try to pay attention to detail, and yet missed so much. That sub needed it’s ballast tanks vented or else would have sunk like lead again.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
4,933 battles

Movies never get subs right, much less warships in general.

Members
198 posts
8,290 battles

You know what I didn't like about it?  The sword fighting scenes...two of them!   We've seen this for about 100 years.  Leader of the Good Guys vs. Leader of the Bad Guys.  No matter what the weapon (swords, battle axes, foils, or lightsabers) it all looks the same.  And you can figure out who will win.   Can we just once have the Good Guy toss a grenade to the bad guy when he or she is pulling out the sword?   

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 11:47 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

*Spoiler alert for any who have not seen the movie Aqua Man yet*

Just watched the movie last night and noticed major mistakes they made in the movie.

On Aqua Man move where Aqua Man raises the sub, then climbs on board, rescues the crew, fights, ect. Anyone notice and facepalmed about how a sub that was traveling at depth, which is often relatively deep as a Balistic missile sub just happens to simply sit there on the surface without immediately sinking again despite not seeing ballast tanks discharge... :fish_palm:

And only sinks again once flooding happens in torpedo storage compartment. They spend millions of dollars making such movies, try to pay attention to detail, and yet missed so much. That sub needed it’s ballast tanks vented or else would have sunk like lead again.

The movie made a billion dollars they take liberties with all movies . If it was a real war movie I would have a problem with it but its a marvel comic no .

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
On 3/11/2019 at 4:22 PM, brewakeg said:

You know what I didn't like about it?  The sword fighting scenes...two of them!   We've seen this for about 100 years.  Leader of the Good Guys vs. Leader of the Bad Guys.  No matter what the weapon (swords, battle axes, foils, or lightsabers) it all looks the same.  And you can figure out who will win.   Can we just once have the Good Guy toss a grenade to the bad guy when he or she is pulling out the sword?   

Lol that’s the fun thing about Star Wars, somebody pulls a Lighsaber and gets shot instead. Several battles where that happens instead of going into sword fighting.

Also happens in Raiders of the Lost Ark, some guy has a sword and is swinging it around “like he has elite skills”, and Indiana Jones simply pulls out his gun and shoots him. So not every movie fight is decided with swords.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,771 posts
On 3/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, brewakeg said:

• Funny 1

Members
198 posts
8,290 battles
21 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol that’s the fun thing about Star Wars, somebody pulls a Lighsaber and gets shot instead. Several battles where that happens instead of going into sword fighting.

Also happens in Raiders of the Lost Ark, some guy has a sword and is swinging it around “like he has elite skills”, and Indiana Jones simply pulls out his gun and shoots him. So not every movie fight is decided with swords.

Lol, yes there are a few exceptions, and we remember them because they DIDN'T get into the typical one-on-one hand weapon fight.   But twice in Aquaman….at least once too much. Haven't seen much of the last six Star Wars (I know, you find my lack of faith...Disturbing).  The two newer ones from the SW universe (Rouge One for example) didn't seem to have any light saber fights that I can remember....but lots of great explosions...  :-)

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

assuming that the submarine is at depth and is ballasted to be neutrally buoyant post dive at a specific depth, then there will be air in the ullage space at the top of the external ballast tanks, this air will be at equivalent pressure to the water pressure at that depth that it was trimmed for post dive, if a force was to act on the sub to raise it to the surface, then the air in the ullage space would undergo expansion as the water pressure drops as it is raised to the surface, and excess ballast water would be forced out of the intake/outlet grills on the underside of the submarine by the expanding air.

at 600ft depth water pressure is +19 atmospheres, thus post dive in order to trim air pressure of +19 atmospheres must have been introduced into the ballast tanks ullage space to lower the relative water level in them to the point of neutrally buoyancy at 600ft, thus the air forming the ullage space will expand by ~19 times on the way to the surface, if the sub is pushed upward by something.

Edited by b101uk

[TASC]
Members
325 posts
11,381 battles
On 3/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, clammboy said:

The movie made a billion dollars they take liberties with all movies . If it was a real war movie I would have a problem with it but its a marvel comic no .

Do you have a problem with "Saving Private Ryan". History channel has a show about all the mistakes in that movie.

Edited by Timo_Greenwold

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
5 hours ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

Do you have a problem with "Saving Private Ryan". History channel has a show about all the mistakes in that movie.

No not really actually I meant war documentary my bad  . It's a movie even when they tell true stories they almost always have to change around things so the movie flows or it fits into a 2 hour time frame . Maybe they have to make it more exciting or tone down a character so movie audiences will watch it . But the history channel show sounds interesting is it still on ? What's it called if you rember l would like to see it thanks sounds good . 

Sign in to follow this