You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrandNetuno

Now it's the cruisers

24 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
1,443 battles
I am in doubt which line to follow. I am in doubt among the Americans, Japanese and German, which one do you suggest?
Edited by GrandNetuno

[SALTY]
Members
53 posts
15,699 battles

japs are good, germans are hard, American suck, French are fun, Russian are strong

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 5

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Have greatly loved using all the Japanese Cruisers from when I started the game, and have stayed in service with me to this day.

American Cruisers are also quite nice, as are the German Cruises. Pretty much any cruiser line you can use early on in your time with WOWs. But you want to wait on Royal Navy Cruisers until you have mastered some of the other cruiser lines due to the fact the Royal Navy Cruisers having thinner armor and only having AP shells. Hence the reason you need plenty of practice with cruisers before Royal Navy Cruisers.

But other than Royal Navy Cruisers diving into any of the cruiser lines are good to learn as I said.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,882 posts
11,554 battles
15 minutes ago, GrandNetuno said:

I am in doubt which line to follow. I am in doubt among the Americans, Japanese and German, which one do you suggest?

Japanese for fire starting and torps, German for a decent "Jack of all trades" line, torps, 1/4th HE pen, good AP, decent AA, and American for insane AA and Super Heavy AP at higher tiers

• Cool 1

Members
32 posts
1,443 battles

I have the impression that the Japanese are fragile, but quick and with good torpedoes. The Americans seem to have the best artillery and the Germans seem to be sturdier. Am I correct?

[GT99]
Members
745 posts
12,001 battles

Can't read post, can't answer. Some folks use the dark theme and dark text is invisible. Ghost post.....

• Cool 2

Members
32 posts
1,443 battles
1 minute ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Não é possível ler a postagem, não posso responder. Algumas pessoas usam o tema escuro e o texto escuro é invisível. Post fantasma .....

I did not understand

[SIM]
Members
4,914 posts
7,991 battles

German and Japanese cruisers are both easier to play, with the American line requiring you to spend more time using island cover in order to compensate for the fact that your ships have poor armor and exposed citadels.

Members
32 posts
1,443 battles
6 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

Brasileiro?

Yes, my English is not very good, but google translator helps a lot

O pessoal aqui não gostam que fale em outra língua sem ser o inglês kkk

Edited by GrandNetuno
  • Cool 1

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,895 battles
Just now, GrandNetuno said:

Yes, my English is not very good, but google translator helps a lot

Beleza , é sempre bom ver um camarada da lingua portuguesa. Tinha a impressão que era o unico por aqui.:Smile_honoring:

[TDRB]
Members
5,111 posts
13,721 battles
49 minutes ago, GrandNetuno said:

I have US, German, Russian, British & French cruisers to T8 for the US & German, T7 on the others plus several premiums . My favorites are the Fiji & Hipper. I would say the Helena follows those 2. The reload & turret traverse time hurt the Pensacola so I do not use her in randoms. Unless something changes the German cruisers will be my 1st to T10.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Anyone except American due to lack of torpedoes expect for some ships. The only good one is the Alaska and that’s due to it having battleship guns. 

• Meh 1

[-KIA-]
Members
3,464 posts
14,780 battles

Depends on what you wanna play really. All cruiser line are fairly good IMO. There's no cruiser line that "sucks" like one mentioned above.

IJN cruiser are fairly squeeshy and get citadeled easily but they have great HE and accuracy on guns.

US cruiser have rainbow arc, perfect to hammer ship from cover as well as very good AA. Also they can use radar.

RN cruiser are very squeeshy and get blaped by BB if they're spotted in the open but they're the perfect pick if you want to hunt down DD. Also they have insane AA and they can use radar.

French cruiser are HE spam at range as well as flankers. You can deal some good damage and be a treat for the ennemi but if your team suicide, there's nothing you can do to impact the game.

German cruiser are very good brawler with strong AP when you have the opportunity to use them.

Soviet cruiser goes from very squeeshy to BB like armour when angled. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,976 posts
20,643 battles

Talking tier 10:

Zao. Stealthy. Absurd HE. 12 km torps. Troll armour. Very good ship.

Hindenburg.  Turtleback armour. Accurate long range guns. 1/4 pen HE. Good AP. Good AA.

Moskva. Really a tanky battleship. 12 km radar. Bow tanker.

Henri. Fast flanker. Big guns. IFHE = pain. Reload booster. 

Minataur. Stealthy.  Extremly fast firing guns. Single fir option on torpedoes. 

Wooster. Stealthy. Extremely fast firing lots guns. Radar, hydro and def AA. A royal pain to most ships.

Des Moines.  Bow tanking. Fast firing guns with super heavy AP shells.

All of these cruisers can be fun to play. In the right hands each can dominate a match.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles

German. No other cruiser can bum rush yammie like a hindy. Its very sturdy/tanky... plus amazing hydro and suicide torps... and 8k secondaries because reasons... hard to citadel... can be built around any playstyle... aa platform, dd hunter, bb smasher... all around solid.

Second choice would be ijn or french. RN is super fun but consumables are expensive if its your first line and it has a high floor/ceiling.

2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Amercian cruisers are weak, BBs have no issues getting in close due to lack of trops.

• Meh 1

[ECCHI]
Members
29 posts
3,827 battles

British Cruisers are decent as well but they are AP only and can be rather squishy. But they do come with heals from the start that gives them a bit more of an edge to bounce back from any unfortunate major hits you take. All and all they are great for fighting other cruisers especially if you have citadels down and while the lack of HE means you'll not be able to disable much on DDs most British cruisers have good rate of fire and decent ranged torps so you should still be able to punish any enemy DDs you see even if you have to make due with AP. Things can get a bit tricky when dealing with BBs in a British Cruiser as most of the time your AP rounds  aren't gonna be as effective so those cases its best to bank more on your torps getting the job done.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,960 posts
14,243 battles
3 hours ago, alex08060 said:

Amercian cruisers are weak, BBs have no issues getting in close due to lack of trops.

Tier VI Cleveland (back in the day) felt like a downgrade after the Omaha, for that very reason. The only exception to the torpedo-less-ness of the US cruisers above T5 is the Atlanta, and she's a premium that's beyond the reach of many.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,893 posts
8,143 battles
7 hours ago, GrandNetuno said:

I have the impression that the Japanese are fragile, but quick and with good torpedoes. The Americans seem to have the best artillery and the Germans seem to be sturdier. Am I correct?

Sort of. Americans have the best shells, but their arcs are high. Russian and German have long range with flatter arcs. 

There's really no bad choices, just some are harder than others.

What kind of playstyle are you looking for?