You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Solar powered ships?

10 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
88 posts
11,260 battles

On certain ships at certain speeds, for whatever reason at range the smoke from stacks disappear. Usually seems to happen at 1/4 to 1/2 speed greater than 10 km.   

Just me. 

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Where did the smoke go? How are we supposed to tell how fast a ship in open water is moving?

41 minutes ago, _Fr0g_ said:

On certain ships at certain speeds, for whatever reason at range the smoke from stacks disappear. Usually seems to happen at 1/4 to 1/2 speed greater than 10 km.   

Just me. 

Maybe the rendering objects need to be adjusted? I don't seem to have the same problem or haven't noticed it.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,039 posts
11,620 battles

Huh, I'm gonna have to look now, maybe that's why my aim has felt off. Last couple days switched more to non-CV's to avoid burn out in testing and all and something has felt off.

Then again they could assume everyone uses that mod they have in the mod pack that tells you a ship is going forward/stationary/reverse (personally don't use it).

[LSNB]
Members
1,591 posts
4,409 battles

I've been experiencing 'disappearing' smoke stacks too lately.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,742 battles
4 hours ago, _Fr0g_ said:

Just me. 

its very annoying but smoke does not render when you arent looking at a ship. which is i assume what OP is talking about.  so it takes a few seconds before the clouds form correctly to indicate direction.