Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gledr

Bug in co-op

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

11
Members
77 posts
6,901 battles

was playing co op just to get the defended ribbons for Exeter mission and it just straight up wont award defended ribbons. The mission says co-op counts but then it glitches out with defended ribbons not existing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,379
[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles

If you, or any of your teammates, are in the cap while the enemy ship is in the cap, defended ribbons are not awarded.

Also, there is a time limit between awards of a defended ribbon (6-10 seconds?).  If a teammate just got a defense ribbon, and you hit the ship, no defended ribbon is awarded.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

Were you or any of your team mates also in the cap with an enemy bot? Remember, the enemy has to gain some progress on the capture bar before you can shoot it, and claim a defended ribbon. Thus, you have to leave the bot alone for some seconds before you shoot it. If you keep shooting it before it can gain any capture point, you won't get any defended ribbon.

There's also a PSA thread about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[CO-OP]
Members
1,368 posts
23,973 battles

Here is a link to the PSA:

Ninja'd by @DrHolmes52:cap_tea:

 

Also, here is a breakdown of time between shots.  The red must be in the zone uncontested for the given amount of time BEFORE you can hit it.  If you shoot before this, the hits won't count fore Defended ribbons.

Action Random_battle_wows.pngRandom and
Coop_battle_wows.pngCo-Op Battles
Icon_16.pngRanked Battles Icon_27.pngClan Battles
Game starts 300 points 300 points 300 points
Capture a control area +3 or +4 points +9 points +3 points
Control one of two areas N/A +9 points every 10 seconds
(for each area controlled)
N/A
Control one of three areas +3 points every 5 seconds
(for each area controlled)
N/A +3 points every 4 seconds
(for each area controlled)
Control one of four areas +4 points every 9 seconds
(for each area controlled)
N/A N/A
Control one of four areas (North only) +3 points every 6 seconds
(for each area controlled)
N/A N/A
Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
Members
77 posts
6,901 battles

happened in three games I gave it like 10 seconds before shooting the ship in the cap with no one inside just the red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles
12 minutes ago, gledr said:

happened in three games I gave it like 10 seconds before shooting the ship in the cap with no one inside just the red.

If someone else is constantly shooting at it then it won't matter how long you wait, there is no cap points generated by the enemy bot due to being fired upon constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,262
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
1 hour ago, gledr said:

was playing co op just to get the defended ribbons for Exeter mission and it just straight up wont award defended ribbons. The mission says co-op counts but then it glitches out with defended ribbons not existing

Make sure you are using a qualifying T5-T8 IJN DD or Cruiser. This round calls for different ships than the last did.

I had no problems doing the mission yesterday and have got plenty of Defense ribbons today while playing.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
Members
77 posts
6,901 battles

last 2 comments. I was the only one shooting it no one else and it didn't even award the ribbons in game doesn't matter if I used the tier 5-8 which I was. 

It straight up just didn't give defended ribbons

2 matches where standard but it didn't work on a 4 cap mode. I don't remember what those are called

Edited by gledr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,262
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles
3 minutes ago, gledr said:

last 2 comments. I was the only one shooting it no one else and it didn't even award the ribbons in game doesn't matter if I used the tier 5-8 which I was. 

It straight up just didn't give defended ribbons

I know. I was just pointing out to be sure you use the right ship for it to count and I also said I am not seeing the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,268
[SALVO]
Members
24,822 posts
25,888 battles
1 hour ago, gledr said:

was playing co op just to get the defended ribbons for Exeter mission and it just straight up wont award defended ribbons. The mission says co-op counts but then it glitches out with defended ribbons not existing

It'd probably be best if you provided a replay.  There seem to be so many limitations on when one can get Defended ribbons that it'd help the people who are trying to help you out if they could just watch, rather than asking for each and every corner case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,262
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,524 battles

@gledr

It's working ok for me. Logged in and did a quick test. Got 4 despite being with a full secondary build FDG with manual sec that kept resetting them before I could.  He also had the most accurate guns I have ever seen on an FDG and was crushing stuff before I could do anything there as well LOL. Was there to test Defense ribbons though so that is what I was trying to do and it worked ok for me.

Tdz1kd7.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,921
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

Also, here is a breakdown of time between shots.  The red must be in the zone uncontested for the given amount of time BEFORE you can hit it.  If you shoot before this, the hits won't count fore Defended ribbons.

Unfortunately, no, it is not.  That is the amount of time between point awards to the controlling player.

The ONLY statement of capture conditions that I've been able to find in the wiki is this, from Game Modes (where that table originated):

[In Domination mode] Teams earn control of a capture point by having ships within the designated control area; additional ships within the boundary will increase the speed of capture: one ship within a boundary will capture an area in 60 seconds; two or more will capture an area in 40 seconds. (For Clan Battles, these values are 38 and 25 seconds, respectively.) Capture progress is halted at its present level in the capture area if ships from both teams are present.  ...

Sailing into an enemy's control area will immediately prevent them from accruing points from it, as well as beginning the capture of it (unless they also occupy it). Taking damage will cause a ship to lose half of the capture points* it has accrued.  [and presumably award a Defended ribbon]

I do know that there are times that I expected to get ribbons and didn't, so there is likely some required interval. However, I see no reference to an interval between awards, nor do I see an explanation as to how one can get multiple Defended ribbons from a single salvo, or the definition of capture points* as used above (presumably the same as seconds).  If you have a reference, please share it.

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
Members
77 posts
6,901 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It'd probably be best if you provided a replay.  There seem to be so many limitations on when one can get Defended ribbons that it'd help the people who are trying to help you out if they could just watch, rather than asking for each and every corner case.

I don't have any thing to record it with other than xbox dvr which manages to fail at recording the last 15 minutes. 

I did everything normal and when I went back to pvp did the same thing it worked even with ships that where on fire. 

I shot them and got ribbons, then shot like 2 seconds later got more ribbons until I had taken all of 1 ships points then had to switch to the 2nd ship in cap. 

But for the 3 co-ops I cant think of a single thing that was different other than not getting the ribbons, it still reset the cap

Edited by gledr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
4 minutes ago, gledr said:

I don't have any thing to record it with other than xbox dvr which manages to fail at recording the last 15 minutes. 

I did everything normal and when I went back to pvp did the same thing it worked even with ships that where on fire. 

I shot them and got ribbons, then shot like 2 seconds later got more ribbons until I had taken all of 1 ships points then had to switch to the 2nd ship in cap. 

But for the 3 co-ops I cant think of a single thing that was different other than not getting the ribbons, it still reset the cap

You should find your latest replays automatically in your game directory on your hard drive. IIRC, the replays are automatically enabled now, by default by the game itself. All you gotta do is to find them and upload them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511
[CO-OP]
Members
1,368 posts
23,973 battles
46 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Unfortunately, no, it is not.  That is the amount of time between point awards to the controlling player.

The ONLY statement of capture conditions that I've been able to find in the wiki is this, from Game Modes (where that table originated):

[In Domination mode] Teams earn control of a capture point by having ships within the designated control area; additional ships within the boundary will increase the speed of capture: one ship within a boundary will capture an area in 60 seconds; two or more will capture an area in 40 seconds. (For Clan Battles, these values are 38 and 25 seconds, respectively.) Capture progress is halted at its present level in the capture area if ships from both teams are present.  ...

Sailing into an enemy's control area will immediately prevent them from accruing points from it, as well as beginning the capture of it (unless they also occupy it). Taking damage will cause a ship to lose half of the capture points* it has accrued.  [and presumably award a Defended ribbon]

I do know that there are times that I expected to get ribbons and didn't, so there is likely some required interval. However, I see no reference to an interval between awards, nor do I see an explanation as to how one can get multiple Defended ribbons from a single salvo, or the definition of capture points* as used above (presumably the same as seconds).  If you have a reference, please share it.

 

From the wiki:

416_ribbon_base_defense.png
 
If the red ship hasn't accumulated any capture points, you can't get a Defended ribbon.  Which is why you need to wait the time frame in order to allow the ship to get cap points.
Defended - One ribbon is awarded per hit which reduces accumulated capture points on an enemy ship within a capture point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
Members
77 posts
6,901 battles
23 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

$5 says you weren't using a T5 - T8 IJN DD or cruiser. Replays are in your main wows subdirectory under ./replays.  Post one. 

5$ says you didn't read past the first message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
Members
77 posts
6,901 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You should find your latest replays automatically in your game directory on your hard drive. IIRC, the replays are automatically enabled now, by default by the game itself. All you gotta do is to find them and upload them.

trying to verify which ones are the co-op ones but I don't have anything that will open them and they are only 1.5 mgb or less not sure if these  will work

 

20190309_124841_PJSD206-Hatsuharu_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

20190309_125552_PJSD206-Hatsuharu_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,921
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles
23 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

From the wiki:

416_ribbon_base_defense.png
 
If the red ship hasn't accumulated any capture points, you can't get a Defended ribbon.  Which is why you need to wait the time frame in order to allow the ship to get cap points.
Defended - One ribbon is awarded per hit which reduces accumulated capture points on an enemy ship within a capture point.

I understand that.  My point is that "capture point" is not defined, and the only statement about capture conditions refers to seconds occupied.  That implies that every second is a "capture point".  But it doesn't act that way.  There does seem to be an interval, but it's not the one in the table presented.  Also, I'm a bit skeptical about "Taking damage will cause a ship to lose half of the capture points it has accrued."  Fire isn't counted, and repeated hits would, according to that statement, reduce "capture points accrued" to 1/2, then 1/4, then 1/8.  But it doesn't.  Remember that the wiki is written by volunteers based upon their best understanding.  We really should employ a rules lawyer that can speak Russian.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,876
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,572 battles

"Defended" ribbons are always a PITA in co-op. Sometimes I blap a capping bot with one salvo and get a half dozen defended ribbons. Sometimes I beat the holy mess out of them and don't get one (yes they are capping with no friendlies in the cap). I think if someone else is also shooting at them and resets them, you don't get anything. I just find if I spam using my Atlanta or Flint (any of the quick firing cruisers work) I eventually get them. The strategy I usually use is to follow a friendly DD towards a cap then let him get whacked by the bots and then farm the ribbons. It is a sucky way to play (for the DD player) but I find it works consistently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,921
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles
2 minutes ago, gledr said:

trying to verify which ones are the co-op ones but I don't have anything that will open them and they are only 1.5 mgb or less not sure if these  will work

 

20190309_124841_PJSD206-Hatsuharu_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

20190309_125552_PJSD206-Hatsuharu_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

Your installed client will play them.  Associate the .wowsreply file extension to the WorldOfWarships.exe file. With the game closed, double-click the replay file to start.  There are special controls, but I don't have a list handy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
Members
77 posts
6,901 battles
9 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Your installed client will play them.  Associate the .wowsreply file extension to the WorldOfWarships.exe file. With the game closed, double-click the replay file to start.  There are special controls, but I don't have a list handy.

 

im a noob don't know what associating it to the exe file means. but did the files work for u ?

Specifically which is the exe file when I click on it it just opens a window that closes then shows me my downloads, then when I try to open it it just loops back to the download page

Edited by gledr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,379
[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles

I just watched the first game.  The only time defense ribbons were in play was end game on the Bayern, after the Akizuki got wrecked.  At that point the cap was clear and the Bayern bot was accruing capture points.  The Bayern was being focus fired by 4-5 ships. 

There is a delay between award of defended ribbon.  Once one is awarded, there is a delay before the next can be awarded.  With everyone firing, many of the hits, yours and others, weren't going to award defended ribbons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×