You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Trademark_15

CV Nerfs = CV USELESS

21 comments in this topic

[TMDA]
[TMDA]
Members
77 posts
9,310 battles

CVs have been nerfed straight into the bottom of the ocean!!

Tier 8 and you cannot do [edited] to anyone! What role is the CV supposed to play when every plane you launch gets shredded with ease? Match making always places you at bottom tier so you can rarely have a fair fight! Destroyers simply back door you all the time because WG nerfed the CV so it can't do anything to them. In order to get even an average game you have to hope for same tier or lower which is rare. How could they take something that was fun to play and somewhat impactful and turn it into absolute garbage and frustrastion to play?

STOP NERFING THE CVs AND ADD NEEDED BUFFS!!!!

AA is TOO STRONG for CVs to have ANY impact other than flying around spotting or dropping fighters to shoot down other planes. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

Your lucky if you break 15K damage in a game at tier 8!

Yes, I know tier 8 sucks for most ships but this is rediculous!

Wargaming, WHY DID YOU TAKE A HAMMER TO THE CV WHEN ALL THAT WAS NEEDED WAS A SCALPEL!!!??

Its not even fun to play!!

HINT HINT!!!

[-CDR-]
Beta Testers
29 posts
2,790 battles

If you cannot break 15k at tier 8 CV you might want to look at youtube videos for help. I will admit the rest of your post is pretty accurate, breaking 100k in my tier 8 CV basically requires me to be on adderall, have RNG on my side, and search for those lone ships which even then does not guarantee a strike since my Montana can shred a squadron before they begin their attack run.

[-ARP-]
Members
781 posts
37,182 battles
1 hour ago, Trademark_15 said:

i agree....altho DDs would be fine with only the rpf nerf to the cv...... adding back the concealment and the invisi-torp hackuryu would be helpful, iirc.....or either-or, per say

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,030 posts
11,611 battles
44 minutes ago, Kephess said:

f you cannot break 15k at tier 8 CV you might want to look at youtube videos for help.

To be fair, depending on what ship, match length, red team composition and of course teamwork, I'm actually pretty decent but have had games where my team steamrolled the reds, or were steamrolled, and there was basically no ships to attack other than suicide runs on groups. I've had maybe 7 of those out of 100+ but that is at least 6 too many since they screwed up things with the spotting range nerf to everything. Last few days in particular have had a lot of red teams in a group, except the god mode AA cruisers I can't really attack anyway, in matches that end pretty quickly. 

[7CR]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
427 posts
603 battles

I'm only on tier IV, the Langley.  I have played 3 or 4 battles only since the update.  I have YET to get a successful attack on ANY ship.  My aircraft get shot out of the air before I can even 'drop' ordnance.  Oh that, and my aircraft are spotted from 20 kilometres away.  I can't see a goddam 250' long destroyer at 6 kilometres, but my 30' aircraft are seen the instant they clear my deck.

WG, I have to say you've emasculated CVs as well as you emasculated SPGs in WoT.

[SALVO]
Members
24,819 posts
25,888 battles

Stop swearing.  You know damned well that it's a violation of forum rules and is reportable.

As for needing buffs, I agree.  However, if you can't break a mere 15k damage in a tier 8 CV in a tier 8 battle, the problem is on you.   CVs truly aren't THAT bad.  They're not good, but NOT that bad.  I will say that if you're in some tier 8 CVs in a tier 10 battle, it can be very difficult to even reach 15k damage at times, if the enemy team is blobbing up heavily.  And not all that adapting in the world can overcome that.  But if the enemy team isn't blobbing up all that aggressively, and you are well acquainted with which BBs have strong or weak AA, and you catch a weaker AA BB separated from his team mates, you can work him over and farm some good damage.  However, one's ability to do that is limited by whether or not such a separated weaker AA BB becomes available to you.  Sometimes it happens and sometimes not.

Frankly, sometimes there's just nothing you can attack without losing your entire squadrons, and sometimes you'll even lose it before you can get into attack range … which really blows.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
48 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

but have had games where my team steamrolled the reds, or were steamrolled, and there was basically no ships to attack other than suicide runs on groups.

23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Frankly, sometimes there's just nothing you can attack without losing your entire squadrons, and sometimes you'll even lose it before you can get into attack range … which really blows.

These are exactly my biggest pet peeves with the current CV rework. Unless stars align, there really isn't much I can do, else I have to just throw my planes away, to do anything. Unlimited planes my rear end! There's a time limit, a reserve limit, and a snail's pace of plane respawning. Often times, it's very difficult to pull my own weight.

But of course, since super unicums are still doing great, WG says all is fine and dandy. Yeah right. Pfft.

Members
45 posts

CVs have been nerfed straight into the bottom of the ocean!!

Tier 8 and you cannot do [edited] to anyone! What role is the CV supposed to play when every plane you launch gets shredded with ease? Match making always places you at bottom tier so you can rarely have a fair fight! Destroyers simply back door you all the time because WG nerfed the CV so it can't do anything to them. In order to get even an average game you have to hope for same tier or lower which is rare. How could they take something that was fun to play and somewhat impactful and turn it into absolute garbage and frustrastion to play?

STOP NERFING THE CVs AND ADD NEEDED BUFFS!!!!

AA is TOO STRONG for CVs to have ANY impact other than flying around spotting or dropping fighters to shoot down other planes. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

Your lucky if you break 15K damage in a game at tier 8!

Yes, I know tier 8 sucks for most ships but this is rediculous!

Wargaming, WHY DID YOU TAKE A HAMMER TO THE CV WHEN ALL THAT WAS NEEDED WAS A SCALPEL!!!??

Its not even fun to play!!

HINT HINT!!!

I love it when a DD make's it pass the team to get back to you and you spend 10 min's trying to kill him. That's the best kind of fun!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Members
687 posts
9,588 battles
35 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

These are exactly my biggest pet peeves with the current CV rework. Unless stars align, there really isn't much I can do, else I have to just throw my planes away, to do anything. Unlimited planes my rear end! There's a time limit, a reserve limit, and a snail's pace of plane respawning. Often times, it's very difficult to pull my own weight.

But of course, since super unicums are still doing great, WG says all is fine and dandy. Yeah right. Pfft.

That's because those guys all play Midways, which are stupid OP broken. Which is the biggest issue with the entire CV debate that people seem to easily be missing. Sure, tier 8 CVs aren't that good. But they still do well. Problem is they get tiered up, and they cannot do anything when this happens. 

At the same time, midways are dominating everything. So to say that "CVs are useless" is a bad general statement to make. 

[GWG]
Members
6,960 posts
13,501 battles

My Advise:

KEEP PLAYING THEM !!!!

Show up at the bottom of the results..  with 2 kills and 68K damage..  or even zero kills and 4823 damage after losing 67 planes.

Keep those results coming.  Keep at it.

It's the only way WG will take notice and see HARD EVIDENCE of what is going on.

Let those carrier stats drop to the bottom of the Tier 8 slot like a rock...  Make the Monarch and Edinburgh look like they are overpowered monsters compared to the Lexington and Shokaku...

DO IT !!!

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
21 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

My Advise:

KEEP PLAYING THEM !!!!

Show up at the bottom of the results..  with 2 kills and 68K damage..  or even zero kills and 4823 damage after losing 67 planes.

Keep those results coming.  Keep at it.

It's the only way WG will take notice and see HARD EVIDENCE of what is going on.

Let those carrier stats drop to the bottom of the Tier 8 slot like a rock...  Make the Monarch and Edinburgh look like they are overpowered monsters compared to the Lexington and Shokaku...

DO IT !!!

Yeah, well, all I got is Hosho and Ryujo, and despite my overall disappointment with the direction that the CV rework is going, I haven't given up on CV's. I believe that the moment I stopped playing them I truly become a non-factor. Besides, unless I keep playing them, how would I try to better myself? 

[GWG]
Members
6,960 posts
13,501 battles
5 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Yeah, well, all I got is Hosho and Ryujo, and despite my overall disappointment with the direction that the CV rework is going, I haven't given up on CV's. I believe that the moment I stopped playing them I truly become a non-factor. Besides, unless I keep playing them, how would I try to better myself? 

I'm really trying to do badly...   but we 4 starred an Aegis...

Give that a try on your Ryujo...   and remember....  THE DIVE BOMBERS ARE FREE !!!!!   And they are carrying AP bombs - so citadel away on those cruisers.

You can lose all the bombers you like and never get charged for them on page 4. 

03_09_19_Ryujo_4star.jpg

03_09_19_Ryujo_4starA.jpg

03_09_19_Ryujo_4starB.jpg

[GWG]
Members
6,960 posts
13,501 battles

Know what?

These ships feel better today than yesterday.

I'm doing more damage, and the bombs and torps are actually hitting...

Either WG did something this morning, or RNGsus is smiling upon me.

03_09_19_Ranger_Aegis_B.jpg

03_09_19_Ranger_Aegis_C.jpg

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
8,316 battles

Alrighty then.

5 hours ago, BaerenGott said:

I'm only on tier IV, the Langley.  I have played 3 or 4 battles only since the update.  I have YET to get a successful attack on ANY ship.  My aircraft get shot out of the air before I can even 'drop' ordnance.  Oh that, and my aircraft are spotted from 20 kilometres away.  I can't see a goddam 250' long destroyer at 6 kilometres, but my 30' aircraft are seen the instant they clear my deck.

For all 2 Battles you have in that ship your in for a long day of learning. If your not getting the successful attack is your fault. 2 whole battles and you know it all. If your planes are dying that to is your fault for not attacking with them. I have Carriers from Tier 4 to Tier 10. If you think Tier 4 is bad just don't play them. Tier 6's are tiered up to 8's and 8's up to 10's. Wanna talk about planes dying. 

4 hours ago, Braize said:

That's because those guys all play Midways, which are stupid OP broken.

Ummm. To say a ship that you don't have is OP and Broke. It isn't OP and they have Hammered it pretty Hard with a few nerf's. Biggest reason you see more Midways is the way the Hak got nerf'd most felt it was a horrible nerf to them. It needed to happen they could drop all torps in record time with the aim time of less than 1 sec. Where the Midway always had to get close and wait for ever to get the aim down. And it still got nerf'd.

Frosty

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,390 battles

CV's are capable of doing descent damage however in order to do so you must have 3 factors present;

1) the match must go the distance, CV's simply do not do damage fast enough to rack up big numbers in games that end quickly

2) the teams require the correct make up, due to aa/ship maneuverability and bomb/torpedo drop mechanics if you get an enemy team that is heavy with highly maneuverable aa platforms, you will no have a high damage game

3) the enemy team needs to be made up of mouth breathing inept and inexperienced players with zero map awareness.  Players that sit still, sail in a straight line and most importantly isolate themselves are a must if you have any hopes of doing big damage numbers.

If these three prerequisites are met, this is possible.  It is unfortunate that it is RNG of matchmaking and the lack of skill of the enemy team that is a bigger factor of the CV's success than the skill of the CV.  And lets not get into the fact that more often than not you are more useful spotting than you are actually doing damage.

Screenshot (16).png

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
317 posts
10,122 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 1:07 AM, HallaSnackbar said:

CV's are capable of doing descent damage however in order to do so you must have 3 factors present;

Screenshot (16).png

I agree with your first two points but not the third, except in the case of short games.  When games go the duration, you will usually have solid opportunities to contribute meaningful damage.  The trick is not throwing away your planes early attempting to force damage.  If you've nursed your planes for the end, you can force through critical strikes even against high aa targets.  And often they'll be at least somewhat stripped of aa mounts.

[SAA]
Beta Testers
19 posts
10,084 battles

So mad right now lost a battle beacuse a

Worcester

wiped my whole squadron fix AA wargaimg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  that was on a midway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mattycat44

[MHG]
Members
345 posts
10,327 battles

I have to say as a Midway cap myself- some of the AA is far too strong where a single attack run on a lone target will STILL cost you an entire squad. Also when you have a giant red blob to do attack runs on you may as well sit back and watch this weeks Full Ahead while you wait for the crowd to thin out some. Its much more entertaining than flying in circles waiting for a decent chance to do anything. Overall the rework is good in my opinion but it still needs some serious work. With the flooding change I have struggled to make 100k games most of the time. Some games go better than others but it is nearly 100% dependent on how much the other team separates where you can actually make an attack run.

HE bombs are by far the best damage since flooding chance on torps is horrid, along with the damage on floods themselves that is also horrid -or instant repaired-, along with the awful alpha strike. Landing all 6 torps in a run is difficult but doable but usually the net result is 12k damage no floods and maybe a broken rudder. It is significantly  easier to line up a bomb run and drop a target for 10-15k and net a fire or two. Rockets are mostly for scouting and setting a fire on occasion when the time is appropriate but even those get repaired fairly quickly if you cant make another attack run. Over nerfing has left them pretty useless overall.

It feels like the CVs are being balanced around the top 5% of players and it leaves the remaining 95% frustrated and bored.

I have to say I really do like the rework. The gameplay is much more enjoyable, less confusing, and easier to manage. But when a match doesnt go your way- it REALLY doesnt go your way. There is almost no in between with CVs. You either hit 100-150k fairly easily and make yourself useful or you struggle to even hit 6 figures and fly in circles waiting for anything to happen where you can actually hit the enemy.

[TMDA]
[TMDA]
Members
77 posts
9,310 battles

Found the solution when getting up tiered. Apparently you have to focus the ships you can actually hurt. Stay away from anything higher tier than you. Go for BBs with torps to get that higher damage output. Dont even waste your time doing anything else other than dropping occasional fighters to defend your fleet.

image.thumb.png.531c9f339e62d9b836e73a4e8a77605d.png
image.thumb.png.b19afa7878f04ff14d04aab984bb0ba1.png

[PQUOD]
Members
39 posts
7,174 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 2:58 PM, Kephess said:

If you cannot break 15k at tier 8 CV you might want to look at youtube videos for help. I will admit the rest of your post is pretty accurate, breaking 100k in my tier 8 CV basically requires me to be on adderall, have RNG on my side, and search for those lone ships which even then does not guarantee a strike since my Montana can shred a squadron before they begin their attack run.

If he get up teir to 9 and 10 battle your planes are screwed. Not to mention he can only launch 2 torps at a time ( Jap) - which is Bull. What happened to the 4 torps. The Lex can launch 3. Torp damage if Nuffed so hard i hit a Destroyer with 2 torps and he survived. In a few days im getting rid of my tier 6 CV. i already sold my Tier 8 jap DD. Plus what is up with on 4 CVs ( tier 4,6,8,10 ) ? Do they plan to MILK us to PAY for tiers 5,,7,and 9 CV just to mike us for more money.

You should NOT have to;

1. search for lone ships
2. Have a RNG chapel on your ship
3. be on addrall, xanax or Prozac to play CVs now.

Not COOL

• Funny 1

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,390 battles
13 hours ago, Trademark_15 said:

Found the solution when getting up tiered. Apparently you have to focus the ships you can actually hurt. Stay away from anything higher tier than you. Go for BBs with torps to get that higher damage output. Dont even waste your time doing anything else other than dropping occasional fighters to defend your fleet.

image.thumb.png.531c9f339e62d9b836e73a4e8a77605d.png
image.thumb.png.b19afa7878f04ff14d04aab984bb0ba1.png

When you have to attack ships with a lot of aa, drop all but one set of bombs prior to your attack run.  Hit your heal on approach to offset incoming aa damge.  That way you get your bombs off and you only loose 2-3 planes.  I agree that lone BB's on open water are the best for farming damage however often times it take multiple squadrons and a lot of time to actually kill them due to heals and flight time.  Those pesky cruisers hiding behind islands often cause more issues for you team than lone out of position BB's.  Sitting still they make fairly easy targets to hit and if they do move they move out in the open so your team can kill them.  If the ship has great aa just drop form further away.  They are left with 2 choices, sit there and eat torps or move out and get shot.  I have found playing like this I have had more positive impact on the overall game doing only 45k damage than I have had doing 150k farming battleships.  

I am not saying do this all the time, just saying pay attention to the overall goal of the match and try to support it.  Keep in mind that Mushashi that you have done 90k damage to but is still alive is just as dangerous as it was when it was full health however that cruiser you could have killed may have only netted you 10k damge but it is a non issue once dead.

My priority lately has been as follows;

1) Spot/harrass dd's until either you or your team kill them (rocket planes)

2) Cruisers sitting still behind islands setting your teammates on fire. (torpesos/Firebombers{use island to cover your approach prior to drop})

3) Battleships attempting to push (Torpedos)

4) Lone battleships (Torpedos/Fire bombers/ rocket planes)

5) Lone cruisers in open water (rocket planes/torpedos/firebombers)

6)Enemy CV (Torpedos/Fire bombers/ rocket planes)

Keep in mind, even if your torpedos to not impact and cause damage you are forcing the enemy ship to maneuver out of position to avoid them.  This prevents them from doing optimal damage to your teammates and increases the damage they take from your teammates by limiting their angled/covered position.   I very rarely attack with a full squadron.  Even ships with weak aa will typically kill a couple planes prior to the 3rd drop with leads to unnecessary plane losses.  About the only time I will use a full squadron is on lone ships, far away toward teh end of the match when their aa is reduced and time is key.