You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Slayer

Ask a question: get a nasty Salty response

25 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,190 battles

So was just in a battle on Atlantic, fighting at C cap.
Couple of our DDs in the cap, myself in an Edinburgh and a Worchester coming up on the far side behind an island.

One of the DDs spots torpedos coming from across the cap, so I immediately hit my Hydro and slow down, seeing they are heading for the gap between islands that is in front of me.

It takes another minute or so for the torps to come through the gap...... and sink the Worchester who continued along without stopping.

I asked the Worchester why he would continue going forward when the torpedos had been spotted so far back?

The Worchester never did say anything...instead, another teammate, already sunk decided to all chat a response.

chat.jpg.c9569a90bbb94a714bdb2586fda2d55e.jpg

20190309_111704_PBSC108-Edinburgh_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,188 battles

Don’t try to understand what anyone else does....

just play your game.

• Cool 3

[KSE]
[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,311 battles

I hear people drink when they are playing on the weekends .....

• Funny 1

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

Expect the worst from humanity and you will rarely be disappointed.  Even more so when people can hide in anonymity.

• Cool 2

Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles
Just now, BiggieD61 said:

Image result for mr miyagi gif

Hence my continued Karma number at 0

• Funny 1

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

The internet is Dark and full of Toxic.

Even in these forums with Moderators, there is enough toxins to make my pet rattlesnake envious.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
8 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

this^^ That's to funny+1

Image result for meme of someone drinking vodka from the bottle

[A-D-F]
Members
1,160 posts
10,368 battles
19 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Couple of our DDs in the cap, myself in an Edinburgh and a Worchester coming up on the far side behind an island.

One of the DDs spots torpedos coming from across the cap, so I immediately hit my Hydro and slow down, seeing they are heading for the gap between islands that is in front of me.

It takes another minute or so for the torps to come through the gap...... and sink the Worchester who continued along without stopping.

I asked the Worchester why he would continue going forward when the torpedos had been spotted so far back?

The Worchester never did say anything...instead, another teammate, already sunk decided to all chat a response.

9 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Image result for mr miyagi gif

Hence my continued Karma number at 0

2vmkbz.jpg

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
6,287 battles

The respondent did a sync drop on two clients, which is going to screw over the team with the Worcester and give the reds an xp piñata.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
56 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

and sink the Worchester who continued along without stopping.

I note there was a Flesh Wound announced in that chat. Was that the Worcester? If so, maybe he was very intent on finishing off a target he considered worth the loss of his ship. Other than that, I got nothing. But the all-chat response? Yeah, that was less than helpful. I don't mind sprinkling a bit of salty language about, especially when it relates to the performance of red bots and the incompetence of green ones, but one needs to think twice about what one says about (or directly to) one's fellow humans.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,864 posts
17,904 battles
3 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

My rule of thumb is to chat up a warning ahead of time.  After the fact often adds insult to injury.  For example, sometimes I EFF up.  Someone comes on chat and basically asks me...."Why did you EFf up".  What can I say?  "I EFF'd up".  Now, the chat answer above, with the exception of the last phrase, is a nice way of saying he "EFF'd up".  "He just did what he thought was best".  AKA...a nice way of saying "He EFF'd up".

That said, you pointed out an obvious mistake.  At higher tiers, i don't just expect folks to avoid torps that can be SEEN.  But sometimes, you must realize there are torps inbound that cannot...yet...be seen.  I smoked up the other day...firing at a Mino.  He was tangential to me...in torp range.  I know torps are inbound.  So I slowly back behind a land mass.  A friendly BB, that had been camping at that mass and had a clear view ahead of the Mino decides to  drive out and engage.  I start to come up in chat to tell him torps are inbound.  But didn't get it in time.  He takes several.  I thought to myself..."Why did he do that"?  But I didn't post a chat.  Didn't ask him why he walked out into torps he should have known were on the way.  I just moved on and played the game.

I will say that I am sometimes guilty of the "after the fact" post.  But I try to follow my rule of thumb.  After the fact doesn't help, and it tends to piss folks off.  But sometimes I can't resist.  But in those cases, I'm willing to take whatever comes back.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
880 posts
5,905 battles

As stated, the game would be so much better if players could just let people play as they saw fit. 

4 hours ago, wtfovr said:

Don’t try to understand what anyone else does....

just play your game.

exactly

66c.gif

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,190 battles
23 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I note there was a Flesh Wound announced in that chat. Was that the Worcester?

no. worchester had no kills

the flesh wound was the salty teammate.

the replay is included with the original post if anyone is interested.

[KRAK]
Members
3,711 posts
21,718 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 11:55 AM, Lord_Slayer said:

The two of them are probably dating and the salty one did not like you questioning his girlfriend's motives.

Members
2,415 posts
5,339 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 12:02 PM, BiggieD61 said:

I like to play FPS shooters drunk sometimes. Makes my aim way better!

it’s like in college when i would play beer pong with friends. I sucked in beginning, but watch out in the end! I can hit everything drunk.

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles

It happens.

Sometimes run into a player who's happy to explain what he was thinking, other times you get someone who's upset.

Members
729 posts
9,905 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 8:55 AM, Lord_Slayer said:

Maybe he had a good reason and he didn't want to tell you.

Like poo touch cloth and he had to get back to port.

[DDCO]
Members
133 posts
10,691 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 9:26 AM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Co-op doesn't have toxic childish players.  I serious too

Co-op has nothing.....it's just target practice.

The sweet ain't so sweet without some bitter......

• Boring 1