Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Even though I hate PSA's, here is a PSA, King of the Seas today.

43 comments in this topic

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

Granted playing video games could be considered wasting time and watching others play video games magnifies that.... that said.... later today the King of the Seas Tourney kicks into full swing. I lack the mental fortitude to deal with clans and the stress of organized E sports (retired 2200 Warcraft player in 2's and 3's) But if you have some time this stuff is riveting, the announcers really get into it and you get to see the best players in the game do what they do...

Get your chores done and tune in later today...I'm looking forward to it. 1PM Pacific.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/in-space-no-one-can-hear-you-stream/

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles

It's killing me that not only am I out of town for work and can't play...

I can't even watch...

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,356 battles

I'm going to guess that no more than 1% of the active player base ( or forum base ) cares about KOTS.  That is a shame because it should be the focal point of all competitive players - to participate and succeed in KOTS.  Frankly, all the recent decisions by WG about this game tend to reflect a desire to entrap the lowest common denominator to spending money on this game in the hopes of buying an advantage, not in learning the skills to become a better player. Typical forum fare involves a plea from PVE "only" players to reduce the number of DD's in co-op due to capping/xp considerations.  Asking these same players to watch elite ones compete for the best in NA and possibly the best in the World is answered by the sound of crickets.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,490 battles

Eh, I’ve seen a few and not been terribly impressed.  The teams look like they’re just playing a script and it’s kinda boring.  Someone finally makes a move and either gets rewarded or punished, 30 seconds of excitement out of a 15 minute match.  

The lack of unicum skill in every player in Randoms does bring an element of chaos that can be frustrating but can also be fun and even funny.  Appreciate your potatoes!

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
7 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I'm going to guess that no more than 1% of the active player base ( or forum base ) cares about KOTS.  That is a shame because it should be the focal point of all competitive players - to participate and succeed in KOTS.  Frankly, all the recent decisions by WG about this game tend to reflect a desire to entrap the lowest common denominator to spending money on this game in the hopes of buying an advantage, not in learning the skills to become a better player. Typical forum fare involves a plea from PVE "only" players to reduce the number of DD's in co-op due to capping/xp considerations.  Asking these same players to watch elite ones compete for the best in NA and possibly the best in the World is answered by the sound of crickets.

Ya. But maybe someone will tune in based on this thread and get in to it and learn something...I can't wait, it's really fun to see great plays or mistakes made and try to gauge what you would have done in that spot.

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
28 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Granted playing video games could be considered wasting time and watching others play video games magnifies that.... that said.... later today the King of the Seas Tourney kicks into full swing. I lack the mental fortitude to deal with clans and the stress of organized E sports (retired 2200 Warcraft player in 2's and 3's) But if you have some time this stuff is riveting, the announcers really get into it and you get to see the best players in the game do what they do...

Get your chores done and tune in later today...I'm looking forward to it. 1PM Pacific.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/in-space-no-one-can-hear-you-stream/

Not wasting time if you enjoy it. 

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Eh, I’ve seen a few and not been terribly impressed.  The teams look like they’re just playing a script and it’s kinda boring.  Someone finally makes a move and either gets rewarded or punished, 30 seconds of excitement out of a 15 minute match.  

The lack of unicum skill in every player in Randoms does bring an element of chaos that can be frustrating but can also be fun and even funny.  Appreciate your potatoes!

This is why people love watching high school football on Sundays. The NFL is just boring.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

Just a bump, for the few that may be interested, some really interesting matchups.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

Everything about these streams is terrible, no one knows what games are being streamed, or by who.....The keep posting results that are old.....they continually are making technical mistakes and have no clue how to stream... It's as professional as a peewee Tball baseball game without a ball and the T stand.

I was really excited about this, its complete Bush League concerning the coverage of it.

Members
3,727 posts
4 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Everything about these streams is terrible, no one knows what games are being streamed, or by who.....The keep posting results that are old.....they continually are making technical mistakes and have no clue how to stream... It's as professional as a peewee Tball baseball game without a ball and the T stand.

I was really excited about this, its complete Bush League concerning the coverage of it.

There are 10 Streamers. How many did you try? Some are better than others. They are saving their top streamers for the finals.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

There are 10 Streamers. How many did you try? Some are better than others. They are saving their top streamers for the finals.

all of them

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

no one knows what is going on, no one knows who is streaming what, they are all talking to each other like they are trying to put together an ikea couch, who do you want to stream, I dunno, you choose... meanwhile best of three games are over and they are running last weeks results or who is up 1-0 …...

Why do I have to ask 7 streamers who is carrying a specific match and no one knows..... whiskey tango foxtrot

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
5 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

Do I get anything in game for this?

IF not... why would you want to watch someone else play a game?

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
11 minutes ago, turdjelly said:

Do I get anything in game for this?

IF not... why would you want to watch someone else play a game?

Heck of a question, why do I watch sports, or dramas or the opera......TY. You may have cleared 80% of my calendar for life.

Members
3,727 posts
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

no one knows what is going on, no one knows who is streaming what, they are all talking to each other like they are trying to put together an ikea couch, who do you want to stream, I dunno, you choose... meanwhile best of three games are over and they are running last weeks results or who is up 1-0 …...

Why do I have to ask 7 streamers who is carrying a specific match and no one knows..... whiskey tango foxtrot

It usually starts out that way. They should be better organized after the first day. I'm watching Gaishu and Kirinlchiban. They seem to be doing a good job during the match.

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
3 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

By all means, go and show us how its supposed to be done

They are a 1 person casting and production team. If you feel you can do better, then go for it.

They have to coordinate with the teams that are hosting the games, get into the training rooms with the right ships, keep up with their overlays and scenes, and never mind they have to announce the games as well and hopefully be interesting in their broadcast in between games while they are doing all that stuff. and do that for 5 hours straight.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

They are a 1 person casting and production team. If you feel you can do better, then go for it.

They have to coordinate with the teams that are hosting the games, get into the training rooms with the right ships, keep up with their overlays and scenes, and never mind they have to announce the games as well and hopefully be interesting in their broadcast in between games while they are doing all that stuff.

Shut up. I don't run the WG homepage where they advertise streamers to only to click on them during the times of the games to watch them play Minecraft. Just shut up.

• Meh 1

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Shut up. I don't run the WG homepage where they advertise streamers to only to click on them during the times of the games to watch them play Minecraft. Just shut up.

Thats WG's problem, not the streamers problem. The organizers had a handy little list made up on the discord.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/419973503392022539/554016131342401539/unknown.png?width=962&height=211

Don't fault the streamers for doing this for the love of the game and WG not having a schedule up.....

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

They have to coordinate with the teams that are hosting the games, get into the training rooms with the right ships, keep up with their overlays and scenes, and never mind they have to announce the games as well and hopefully be interesting in their broadcast in between games while they are doing all that stuff.

If they cant put together a professional streaming operation don't advertise it on the home page. This isn't jr high volleyball.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

Thats WG's problem, not the streamers problem. The organizers had a handy little list made up on the discord.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/419973503392022539/554016131342401539/unknown.png?width=962&height=211

its on WG homepage, its a reflection on this game. The streamers reminded me of dumb an dumber and dazed and confused. It was a complete shytshow this afternoon.

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

If they cant put together a professional streaming operation don't advertise it on the home page. This isn't jr high volleyball.

Then go show them how its supposed to be done. Or just be quiet...

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

epic comeback. I would happily do so if I could get the chance, 30 minutes of coordination would have been a world better than that what happened this afternoon

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

How hard would it be to say.... ok Streamer A, you will cover this... Streamer B, you will cover this.... I know, I know, that's like 3rd grade'ish but if I could run it, there woulndt be f'ing 9 viewers per channel 

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

How hard would it be to say.... ok Streamer A, you will cover this... Streamer B, you will cover this.... I know, I know, that's like 3rd grade'ish but if I could run it, there woulndt be f'ing 9 viewers per channel 

They look for volunteers every tournament. Put your money where your mouth is.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

If you want me to continue, I will go on and on till you ping radar x to give me another strike. It was a god awful experience today.

Sign in to follow this