Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Co-op needs a DD cap (tailored to the mode) like Randoms has

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

8,260
[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles

As the title says Co-op needs a cap on the number of DD's p/ game. This is NOT a bash on DD's or those who play them either. I play DD's a lot myself. It's about fairness to the other ship classes. 

When you have 3-4 DD's in a game it is almost guaranteed a bad game for the other 4-5 players because those DD's will just run rampant ahead of you and torp everything before you can do much. It is worse in the lower tiers where their torps reload almost as fast, and sometimes even faster, than BB guns. If all the DD's are bots (this is issue 2 see below) they just rush ahead and ram their counterpart so it takes that damage away from  everyone else too.

In Randoms the DD cap is 4 max. That is 33% of the team max can be a DD. In Co-op you only have 8 ships so if you have 4 DD's that's 50% and if you have 3 that is 37.5%. 4 p/ game is just miserable for everyone else (even DD players) and 3 is borderline awful as well. I propose a 2 DD p/ game cap for Co-op which limits them to 25% of the team.  This does not punish DD players and if anything it benefits them too. It also gives the BB, Cruiser, and CV players a bit more chance to do some damage before the DD swarm runs around torping everything to the bottom.


Issue 2 is we seem to have gone back to filling all the vacant slots with DD's. This used to be a problem and you (WG) corrected it. Unfortunately, the days of 4 bot DD's p/ side has returned. It flat out sucks. PLEASE return to whatever MM system you had up until recently where it wasn't always a DD filling the empty slots.


Again, this is not bashing on DD's. BUT there needs to be a limit to the number of them in a Co-op game. 3 is on the border of too much leaning onto the too much side but for darn sure 4 is too many. It is hard enough to make rewards in Co-op without this issue of the DD packs that take 90% of the damage before the rest of the team blinks.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,870
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

As a counter, it would be nice if you are asking for a cap to DDs, to also have a cap for other ship types too.

I know you only play Co-Op so you will know that the DD is the primary target for every bot in game. This makes it a great trainer in regards to stealth play and understanding how the sneaky side of DD play is - but if you hope to do as well as other ship types in  DD then you need to get in there and attack - and once you have done that, the incoming fire starts!

I do as well in my BBs as I do any other ship type in Co-Op - I have good games and bad games. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,260
[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

As a counter, it would be nice if you are asking for a cap to DDs, to also have a cap for other ship types too.

I know you only play Co-Op so you will know that the DD is the primary target for every bot in game. This makes it a great trainer in regards to stealth play and understanding how the sneaky side of DD play is - but if you hope to do as well as other ship types in  DD then you need to get in there and attack - and once you have done that, the incoming fire starts!

I do as well in my BBs as I do any other ship type in Co-Op - I have good games and bad games. 

DD's and BB's are capped at 4 (the BB match for a CV can override this) and CV's 2 (should be 1 like it used to be). Cruisers are the only type with no cap (no reason to cap them - least threat of all classes and most balanced against each other). 4 DD p/ game is too many and it needs to be capped at 2 preferably but 3 at most. I am sorry but there are just too many at 3 and 4 of them when there are just 8 ships in total.

With Co-op rewards as low as they are this really impacts players in non DD's in those 3 and 4 DD games. I do fine in my BB's too but that doesn't change the fact when there are 3 or 4 DD's in a game the other classes suffer for the reasons I mention above. DD's are capped at 33% of the team for Randoms. Co-op shouldn't see 50%!

We have reverted back a good 6 months to a year when 4 or even more DD's p/ game was common. It sucked then and it sucks now. As a DD player I don't want to see 3 or 4 DD's p/ game. 1 or 2 is balanced. It is the worst at the lower tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
864 posts
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As the title says Co-op needs a cap on the number of DD's p/ game. This is NOT a bash on DD's or those who play them either. I play DD's a lot myself. It's about fairness to the other ship classes. 

When you have 3-4 DD's in a game it is almost guaranteed a bad game for the other 4-5 players because those DD's will just run rampant ahead of you and torp everything before you can do much. It is worse in the lower tiers where their torps reload almost as fast, and sometimes even faster, than BB guns. If all the DD's are bots (this is issue 2 see below) they just rush ahead and ram their counterpart so it takes that damage away from  everyone else too.

In Randoms the DD cap is 4 max. That is 33% of the team max can be a DD. In Co-op you only have 8 ships so if you have 4 DD's that's 50% and if you have 3 that is 37.5%. 4 p/ game is just miserable for everyone else (even DD players) and 3 is borderline awful as well. I propose a 2 DD p/ game cap for Co-op which limits them to 25% of the team.  This does not punish DD players and if anything it benefits them too. It also gives the BB, Cruiser, and CV players a bit more chance to do some damage before the DD swarm runs around torping everything to the bottom.


Issue 2 is we seem to have gone back to filling all the vacant slots with DD's. This used to be a problem and you (WG) corrected it. Unfortunately, the days of 4 bot DD's p/ side has returned. It flat out sucks. PLEASE return to whatever MM system you had up until recently where it wasn't always a DD filling the empty slots.


Again, this is not bashing on DD's. BUT there needs to be a limit to the number of them in a Co-op game. 3 is on the border of too much leaning onto the too much side but for darn sure 4 is too many. It is hard enough to make rewards in Co-op without this issue of the DD packs that take 90% of the damage before the rest of the team blinks.

I agree , hate to say it since I just started running dd's in Co-op but it does make it near impossible to farm damage in the other classes at times . Unfortunately this will get placed at the very bottom of WG's to do list if at all . They can't even get their crap straight over what's possible and not possible in Co-op to begin with i.e. Exeter mission requirements .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,554
[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,355 battles

Minor issue for a non-growth ( financially ) part of the game.  Every available talent should be focused on CV re-work and re-balance.  The very future of the game depends on that, so it must be the main priority of the WG developers.  There is no growth of gamepop/profits from adjusting DD cap pop in co-op.  It's a niche issue, important to you obviously, but of little to no impact to the games long term survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
864 posts
2 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Minor issue for a non-growth ( financially ) part of the game.  Every available talent should be focused on CV re-work and re-balance.  The very future of the game depends on that, so it must be the main priority of the WG developers.  There is no growth of gamepop/profits from adjusting DD cap pop in co-op.  It's a niche issue, important to you obviously, but of little to no impact to the games long term survival.

They need to re-adjust Co-op to get CV's back in anyway , no point in putting air in just one tire when all 4 need it . But that does seem to be the WG way of doing things .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,870
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

DD's and BB's are capped at 4 (the BB match for a CV can override this) and CV's 2 (should be 1 like it used to be). Cruisers are the only type with no cap (no reason to cap them - least threat of all classes and most balanced against each other). 4 DD p/ game is too many and it needs to be capped at 2 preferably but 3 at most. I am sorry but there are just too many at 3 and 4 of them when there are just 8 ships in total.

With Co-op rewards as low as they are this really impacts players in non DD's in those 3 and 4 DD games. I do fine in my BB's too but that doesn't change the fact when there are 3 or 4 DD's in a game the other classes suffer for the reasons I mention above. DD's are capped at 33% of the team for Randoms. Co-op shouldn't see 50%!

We have reverted back a good 6 months to a year when 4 or even more DD's p/ game was common. It sucked then and it sucks now. As a DD player I don't want to see 3 or 4 DD's p/ game. 1 or 2 is balanced. It is the worst at the lower tiers.

Again I have good and bad games in any ship type when playing Co-Op. The rewards can be bad for everyone, that's why they have Random games; they are pretty much earners for everyone.

As a BB I have no issue reaching out and touching the enemy before the DD gets in there (racking up points) - then I can reach out and touch the enemy on the other side of the map whilst the DD is pushing its warp drive in order to try and get in gun range lol. Another bonus which is bad for DD training in Co-Op is once spotted it is chased out of the cap by the bots, whilst every other ship continues to fire at the bots unopposed and also claims the cap points.

 

I am sure there will be plenty of players who agree with you; BBs are the most played in game (Co-Op or Randoms), but I see so many kills 'secured' by the big guns of other ships. I really don't see the BBs getting a raw deal any more than any other ship type; as I said, everyone/ship type has good games and bad games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,260
[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
3 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Minor issue for a non-growth ( financially ) part of the game.  Every available talent should be focused on CV re-work and re-balance.  The very future of the game depends on that, so it must be the main priority of the WG developers.  There is no growth of gamepop/profits from adjusting DD cap pop in co-op.  It's a niche issue, important to you obviously, but of little to no impact to the games long term survival.

I don't expect it to be top priority but it certainly can be added to the "to do list". 

No profit from Co-op huh? You clearly have no clue how much many of us spend and if the game because awful to play and we stop that money goes away.

No game will have long term survival when it allows players to walk away over things that can be fixed. PVP is no longer the only mode worthy in this game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,260
[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Again I have good and bad games in any ship type when playing Co-Op. The rewards can be bad for everyone, that's why they have Random games; they are pretty much earners for everyone.

As a BB I have no issue reaching out and touching the enemy before the DD gets in there (racking up points) - then I can reach out and touch the enemy on the other side of the map whilst the DD is pushing its warp drive in order to try and get in gun range lol. Another bonus which is bad for DD training in Co-Op is once spotted it is chased out of the cap by the bots, whilst every other ship continues to fire at the bots unopposed and also claims the cap points.

 

I am sure there will be plenty of players who agree with you; BBs are the most played in game (Co-Op or Randoms), but I see so many kills 'secured' by the big guns of other ships. I really don't see the BBs getting a raw deal any more than any other ship type; as I said, everyone/ship type has good games and bad games.

I see you want to go round and round again. What has happened to you?

I never said this was a "BB" thing. And you have enough experience in this game to know kill secures net you next to nothing rewards wise. It's damage done not kills that reward.

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't think I am going to try and debate with you again. Not worth it I have come to the conclusion.

 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,870
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I see you want to go round and round again. What has happened to you?

I never said this was a "BB" thing. And you have enough experience in this game to know kill secures net you next to nothing rewards wise. It's damage done not kills that reward.

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't think I am going to try and debate with you again. Not worth it I have come to the conclusion.

 

Why take that attitude? I have said what happens with my play when I am in Co-Op. I'm sorry that it doesn't tally with what you say or what you want. I mentioned BBs because they are usually the slowest ship and that is what you were indicating what was happening - you were being out paced by DDs.

I thank you for at least admitting I am entitled to my own opinion; very gracious of you.

Of course you are entitled to yours to; sorry you feel the way you do. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×