You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USSLangley

When do you open your daily containers?

56 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts
8,437 battles

So, I’m curious what most of you guys do with the daily XP containers we win?

At first, I would collect and open them as soon as I earned them, often choosing the “Try your luck” option and rarely getting much more than a few flags or a camo.  Eventually, I would just ignore them until the next day and open them before I began to play.

Im wondering if there is any wisdom out there as far as how RNGesus views these transactions and if I am missing out on any mojo by just letting the containers collect themselves.

Members
1,660 posts

I saw a screen shot the other day of someone who had 807 unopened containers.  No idea why or if there was a method to it, but yes, 807 unopened containers.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,031 battles

I open them when I get them. No sense collecting them, most of the time.

• Cool 3

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

I open them when I get them. No sense collecting them, most of the time.

This^^^^, I may get something I need.

Members
1,560 posts
3,808 battles
31 minutes ago, USSLangley said:

So, I’m curious what most of you guys do with the daily XP containers we win?

At first, I would collect and open them as soon as I earned them, often choosing the “Try your luck” option and rarely getting much more than a few flags or a camo.  Eventually, I would just ignore them until the next day and open them before I began to play.

Im wondering if there is any wisdom out there as far as how RNGesus views these transactions and if I am missing out on any mojo by just letting the containers collect themselves.

The containers are garbage especially super ones.

Since time began ive always used tyl and the super containers give me flags.

I dont want flags from a super container thanks but rather have nothing.

Containers are a distraction.

• Boring 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

like asking a gambler to stay away from the blackjack table. As soon as I can Try Your Luck... I'm hitting it.

Members
6,152 posts
9,801 battles

I just stick to the Resources container. Flags and Camos one is chancy, plus it only gives cheap camos. Credits one is mostly for newer players that need the credits, and TYL is a gamble.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles

Before coal i always try "get your luck" but sinse i have no luck at all now i only take the coal container.

Members
386 posts
19,439 battles
1 hour ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

someone who had 807 unopened containers. 

That's impressive. I have only ~220 unopened containers.

They have nothing I need, and they're just mouse clicks that get in the way of the game. I ignore them.

Members
1,660 posts
Just now, Ziggy_Sprague said:

They have nothing I need, and they're just mouse clicks that get in the way of the game. I ignore them.

Would be interesting to see if the game chokes if you try and open them all at the same time.

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
166 posts
15,485 battles

I keep hitting “try your luck” until I get a supercontainer. Sometimes it takes 40, sometimes over 100.

[RG-1]
Members
62 posts
3,970 battles
2 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Well now one mouse click opens them all.

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

I collect all three for the day then open them. Usually I’ll get some twitch containers and FSW reward crates in the process so I’ll have around five containers once all daily tasks are completed. Then click open all. 

Members
386 posts
19,439 battles
1 minute ago, DancingOutlaw said:

Haven't seen that.

Don't know when I'll look for it. Thanks though!

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles

I usually open them as I get them. As @kgh52 pointed out, it may give you something you need. I have had three supercontainers this year already, all of them from selecting Resources, and one of them had 1500 steel. No, it was not enough to push me over the line for Flint or Black... but the next one, or more likely the one after that, might be once my ship coupon regenerates.

I always select Resources these days. With Twitch containers pretty much raining from the sky, there is no real reason for me to select Credits and I want the coal for either Jean Bart or whatever else interesting that comes out for coal this year.

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,863 battles
1 hour ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I saw a screen shot the other day of someone who had 807 unopened containers.  No idea why or if there was a method to it, but yes, 807 unopened containers.

Yeah, that's me.

Am sitting on 810 at present.  Have to open any new ones until the current collection is completed and then I will go back to stockpiling.

Could I open them all at once?  WG says I can.  But the little weird nerd in me is enjoying building up the 'bank' so I will likely continue to do so until there is a real reason/need to open them.

I almost always choose signal flags.  Don't need credits or coal or reserve slots or whatever.  TYL is a great way to get only one third of the value of a normal container so I avoid that as well.

I do designate the type of container.  If you do not designate and collect then all you get is credit containers.  Ugghh.

~Sab

Members
283 posts
4,802 battles
35 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

just a quick aside...if I may. Can you say that this problem is chronic throughout the membership because if that is so I have a suggestion.  Instead of pushing the now available "one button opens all",  Since you didn't miss them anyway would you be willing to push a button that says " donate to a veterans fund " , If WOWS would make that alternate button available?

• Cool 2

Members
5,263 posts
9,965 battles
37 minutes ago, Sabene said:

If you do not designate and collect then all you get is credit containers.  Ugghh.

~Sab

Was the above in the patch notes?  The game does not tell you what containers it chooses when you open all at once.  For 'all' of them being credit containers - I get more flags, consumables, and collections stuff.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

For the life of me I don't get this this were apparently everyone wanted WG to make an open all donation button.

Who saves up 800 containor? And why?

I like the opening its fun and I need to know if I get a collection peace.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Was the above in the patch notes?  The game does not tell you what containers it chooses when you open all at once.  For 'all' of them being credit containers - I get more flags, consumables, and collections stuff.

It’s not a patch notes thing...from the beginning of containers, if you earn XP for dailies but dont collect them (which means you don’t select the type, either), then when you next log on after the rollover of the game day, credit containers will have been auto-selected and auto-collected and will be waiting for you.

You still have to open them yourself.

Members
27 posts
5,009 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

For the life of me I don't get this this were apparently everyone wanted WG to make an open all donation button.

Who saves up 800 containor? And why?

I like the opening its fun and I need to know if I get a collection peace.

The one reason I could see was if you are doing a collection and don't care if you get the final 'prize' right away.  I would think that by not opening them you're piling up unopened duplicates that will eventually be turned into credits.  If you don't open that last piece, the containers should keep dropping them for you even if that last piece is in a unopened container since contents are 'rolled' when the container is chosen? 

Members
386 posts
19,439 battles
4 hours ago, DancingOutlaw said:

Oh look, there it is!

Still can't be bothered, though. Don't know if it'll cause a crash; don't care to find out.

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 11.23.15 AM.png

Members
386 posts
19,439 battles
3 hours ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Can you say that this problem is chronic throughout the membership

I don't consider this to be a "problem'" -- I just don't consider containers at all.

3 hours ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

would you be willing to push a button that says " donate to a veterans fund " , If WOWS would make that alternate button available?

Bless you for that idea. Your heart is in the right place. However, coming from an extended family of veterans across many generations, and having worked for the U.S. Army for the better part of a career, I already do this.

I would not consider donating through WG, though. It's a foreign-owned entity; it's not an American company, and I already "give at the office" in a much more direct way.