You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Almost ground my 2nd fly strike cv not sure what it is bundle wise?

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Ive almost got my 2nd cv bundle in the fly strike thing what am i to expect? dont think ive seen one in battle as yet?

I mean the hermes is garbage.

The langley new version also garbage.

Im hoping to sell hermes very soon.

:cap_popcorn:

• Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,446 posts

Hermes is actually the better T4 carrier. Focus using torps and you can always take out a cruiser. Two times out will take out BBs. And AA(A) is minimal. 

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Hermes is actually the better T4 carrier. Focus using torps and you can always take out a cruiser. Two times out will take out BBs. And AA(A) is minimal. 

The torps only do like 5 knots i cant get the lead right lol.

• Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,446 posts
34 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

The torps only do like 5 knots i cant get the lead right lol.

True... I generally aim a full ship for bbs, 1 1/2 for cruisers and dds are a crap shoot. 

Also if you can come in along side at an angle like this / | with your torps the angled one you can nail em good. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
55 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

True... I generally aim a full ship for bbs, 1 1/2 for cruisers and dds are a crap shoot. 

Also if you can come in along side at an angle like this / | with your torps the angled one you can nail em good. 

Thanks.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,446 posts

Good luck and all the best.... In reality, CV are the most hi-paced ship type in the game. Lots of action all the time and- of course - everyone despises you. 

[-CDR-]
Beta Testers
29 posts
2,790 battles

And why is it everyone hates CV? I somehow manage to survive the broken AA shooting my planes through island mass and sink a ship after several strikes (more then 4). Everyone on their team goes crazy drops the F-bomb at me several times. But when I one shot a ship in my Montana or any other tier 10 BB (I have all of them currently), the reaction is quite different more like "lmbo, so cool, nice dude!" Seems to be a double standard.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,446 posts
4 minutes ago, Kephess said:

And why is it everyone hates CV? I somehow manage to survive the broken AA shooting my planes through island mass and sink a ship after several strikes (more then 4). Everyone on their team goes crazy drops the F-bomb at me several times. But when I one shot a ship in my Montana or any other tier 10 BB (I have all of them currently), the reaction is quite different more like "lmbo, so cool, nice dude!" Seems to be a double standard.

I know exactly what you are saying. If I do an AP drop, get cits and nearly half of a ship's health, then someone else finished them, it's always the finishing ship that gets the attaboy, good job.

IMO, I think it's those who cannot play carriers who hate on them so much. Those folks you can't help - nor can you convince them to really focus on playing them. 

It's a tight pickle really for the carrier. If you focus on dropping fighters and attacking/spotting high-value targets like DDs, people get irritated because you aren't helping them by attacking bbs, cruisers or carriers. 

If you go for those three types, you find out quickly their AA(A) can and often will wipe your planes out of the sky, especially if there are two or more within AA(A) range. 

I've even encountered DDs that can kill an entire flight's aircraft out of the sky before I can even drop ordnance. It's so easy for them they too jump on the bandwagon of how useless CV players & ships are to the game. 

It's rare to find a team that says, "Thanks carrier!" 

I'm a slow learner in this game. But I finally broke 100K in my Hak (less than 20 missions) so that was fun. 

Members
110 posts
2,335 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

It's rare to find a team that says, "Thanks carrier!" 

That's the case nowadays it seems. 

The RTS CV mode lended more to compliments because there was a lot of counter play and skill involved, and when you had those you could really affect the match.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,898 posts
35,049 battles
11 hours ago, Ice_King said:

That's the case nowadays it seems. 

The RTS CV mode lended more to compliments because there was a lot of counter play and skill involved, and when you had those you could really affect the match.

There also was tons of complaining. “No air cover” almost inevitably from some YOLO BB with crap AA. Complete Ignorance of loadouts: “I only have 1 fighter squad so can’t be everywhere” meant nothing. Hell I still get yelled at about AA support. 

Perfect cross drop on a DD gets you down voted by their div. That too continues a I’m pretty sure the Belfast I nuked in smoke with Kaga was in a div and bitched. 

Sacrifice your rocket planes keeping a DD spotted and hold your breath for team to SHOOT THE DD. Nah...

But it’s the same for all ship classes. I got 2 solo caps in a Stalingrad recently. Maybe helped the team?  No comment.