You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

CO-OP only From now on

40 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
860 posts
16,529 battles

For WOW Staff. I could care less about the opinion of the White Knights on here so make all the comments you want. Random is crap now. Higher tier play In DD Is crap with CV's. The Match Making, And you all can say whatever you want, Is biased as hell. Have been in one roll over game after another for weeks now. No I am NOT the best of players. I am Average at best. But I was making my way up to 50% now that has stopped. The teams are terrible, People can't even read a map and don't want to learn. I got reported and chat banned for saying that lemming trains Im my exp don't work the vast majority of the time. I begged for help at a cap and was cursed out yet I get reported and chat banned. I did NOT curse or abuse anyone. One team always seems to work together and the ones I've been on for a few weeks now have been garbage most of the time. Tired of dropping Dollars in a game that seems to predetermine the winner before it starts. I really loved this game up until all the CV changes, now it has become nothing but frustrating. Ive read a lot about other players feeling the same way, Yet we are ridiculed by the elites on here and WOW, and the game keeps getting worse. Im only one person and you won't even notice no money coming from me anymore but I hope you will notice one day if many more who feel the same way do the same thing. To all the players who don't agree with me, I wish you good luck, and good shooting!

• Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,352 posts
6,244 battles
Spoiler

huh_(bird_head_tilt).jpg.ff8108b158168faf3a1ec5e33487dddf.jpg

Uh... okay. Anyway, welcome aboard the Coop ship bote, if you really mean it. Nevertheless, I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay. If you ever change your mind and decide to return to PvP mode(s), I wish you best of luck on your endeavors. Cheers. *scratches head*

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Funny 1

[VOP]
Members
420 posts
3,661 battles

Oh REALLY?  so a rage quitter.  I'm still here after all this time.  Good, bad, ugly matches. I'm still having fun after 4 years.   Don't let the door hit your [edited] on way out.  Otherwise, take some time and have some patience.  I did,  I'm glad I did.  Still liking this game....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,603 posts
15,754 battles

Don't feel bad. Been having a rough week myself. Sometimes playing Coop or a operation will help break up the bumps and bruises of losing streaks in random mode.

[TOG]
Members
191 posts
10,485 battles

Kinda feel some kinship to the OP.

Lately Tier 10 play has been dismal. Last night's rounds for me featured groups of  BB's trying to skooch and hide behind the same rock, or the whole team too scared to push in.

It's almost like potatoes have bought their way into Tier 10. It reminds me of when the Tirpitz was being bought by noob hordes with 100 games under their belts and nothing unlocked past Tier 3 and here they were sailing Tier 8 premium Derps and running into each other and every island with their hair on fire.

Not sure if the high tier play of late is due to the CV rework, but, wow. Tier 10 now reminds me of those old black and white silent comedy movies with the groups of English Bobbies running around slapstick.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

OP, I get it.  I go through long periods of Co Op only.  I log in every day to drive a boat around and shoot stuff.  Nothing wrong with just pushing ahead guns ablaze'.

• Cool 1

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

Co-Op kinda grows on you... if you can stomach the puny rewards if compared with PvP.
Even at it's worst, it's still better than PvP if you're looking for more ... how to say... balanced?   environment. Like bots just shoot at you and they aim the citadel really well, but they don't go out of their way to set 4 fires and other garbage (it happens tho, too many flame throwers in the game now).

It's very rare I feel the itch for PvP... Still happens but very very rare.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
814 posts
8,627 battles
1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

Not sure if the high tier play of late is due to the CV rework, but, wow. Tier 10 now reminds me of those old black and white silent comedy movies with the groups of English Bobbies running around slapstick.

The Keystone Cops!  LOL

• Cool 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,598 battles
1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

For WOW Staff. I could care less about the opinion of the White Knights on here so make all the comments you want. Random is crap now. Higher tier play In DD Is crap with CV's. The Match Making, And you all can say whatever you want, Is biased as hell. Have been in one roll over game after another for weeks now. No I am NOT the best of players. I am Average at best. But I was making my way up to 50% now that has stopped. The teams are terrible, People can't even read a map and don't want to learn. I got reported and chat banned for saying that lemming trains Im my exp don't work the vast majority of the time. I begged for help at a cap and was cursed out yet I get reported and chat banned. I did NOT curse or abuse anyone. One team always seems to work together and the ones I've been on for a few weeks now have been garbage most of the time. Tired of dropping Dollars in a game that seems to predetermine the winner before it starts. I really loved this game up until all the CV changes, now it has become nothing but frustrating. Ive read a lot about other players feeling the same way, Yet we are ridiculed by the elites on here and WOW, and the game keeps getting worse. Im only one person and you won't even notice no money coming from me anymore but I hope you will notice one day if many more who feel the same way do the same thing. To all the players who don't agree with me, I wish you good luck, and good shooting!

I agree with you and have put my money on their competition this month. They just csn’t seem to get it that people wanted changes to be tested on CV’s in a beta test and not on the live server. I refunded Kaga, Saipan, and Enterprize due to them being useless despite multiplied attempts by me to get them to make at least 40k in damage.

The game is being more selfish lately and it shows in lootboxes, rushes changes, producers ignoring the server and much more. I will grind coal for a ship I want and that is it. No more money until they get back in line with people and slow down on changing everything just so that they can release submarines later this year.

I even made a post that said slow down and tried to get civil discussion going. @Sub_Octavian stop ignoring the customer and reverse course and get our input. I remember when @Pigeon_of_War would ask for our feedback now it is crickets. Really frustrated with your lack of business morality. Your not getting my money till you guys go back to treating customers with respect by listening and not hiding. Nuff said and a no response will indicate how cowardly they both are. I am just out of patience and will be taking a break. 

• Cool 4

[BOMBS]
Members
106 posts
10,295 battles

Hmmm.  MM sucks.  I've never heard that before...

What I found is that the better you play, the harder MM is going to push back.  Yes, you *will* wind up on more, crappy teams.  But, guess what?  It's because you were trending above 50%.  If MM didn't do this, the game would split into great players and terrible players.  And the terrible players would quit driving the player base down.

On the plus side being persistent will still deliver a better than 50% WR, and that's really all I can ask.

[O_O]
Members
77 posts
1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

Lately Tier 10 play has been dismal. Last night's rounds for me featured groups of  BB's trying to skooch and hide behind the same rock, or the whole team too scared to push in.

Well, that certainly explains the CooP games of late. It seems half of the games all of the BB's are off hiding behind an island for most of the game. I guess these are the PvP players showing up in CooP. I wondered where these guys were coming from.

[BNKR]
Members
1,625 posts
2,516 battles

I hardly ever see carriers anymore (again). I don't understand why people are so het up about it. I just exchanged a bunch of weird symbols and words for HMS Hermes; maybe I should actually sail her and shore up the carrier numbers.

Members
110 posts
2 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

Its not Wows fault, it's the players that have recently come onboard.  You're absolutely right about teams however, there is no technical or physical way for MM to be biased at all against you or any other team, it's all luck or unluck if you will.  But yes, play has gotten bad from what I've heard from a few friends who have been around since Alpha.  I myself am just starting out but to me it's just a game and if other people want to piss it away in their matches that's on them, for the most part I'm going to do what I need to do to try and win.  If I succeed, great, if not then oh well.  I'm not going to come to the forums and piss and moan about it and try to put blame on anyone.  its a freaken game for crying out loud.  If it ticks me off I can shut it off and walk away from it for a while.

• Cool 2

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles
4 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I hardly ever see carriers anymore (again). I don't understand why people are so het up about it. I just exchanged a bunch of weird symbols and words for HMS Hermes; maybe I should actually sail her and shore up the carrier numbers.

Exactly.  Same as before... one carrier in my last ~15 games... okay maybe 2; not sure.  
But I still maintain that the RTS system was more fun for everyone.  It just needed a few tweaks to be made better.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,409 posts
9,839 battles
3 hours ago, WTFoxtrot said:

Well, that certainly explains the CooP games of late. It seems half of the games all of the BB's are off hiding behind an island for most of the game. I guess these are the PvP players showing up in CooP. I wondered where these guys were coming from.

If you've got a fast DD, it's fun to kite a few toasters toward Camp Cowardice. Bots love to obsess on DD's...they come a-running.

Reminds me of pulling a whole zone-full of mobs and training them through a group you didn't like in the old Everquest.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
5 hours ago, WTFoxtrot said:

Why are you all HE spamming behind islands?? Oh... right... cv rework... ugh... let me get my back brace so i can carry harder...

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

If you've got a fast DD, it's fun to kite a few toasters toward Camp Cowardice. Bots love to obsess on DD's...they come a-running.

Reminds me of pulling a whole zone-full of mobs and training them through a group you didn't like in the old Everquest.

I miss fancypants the bard... kiting sand giants in oasis... some of the most hilarious player/gm interactions ive ever seen...

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

OP, if I were a recruiter for a PvE clan I'm not sure I'd want you on board. I'd be looking for people with a love of the game, an appreciation of what the mode offers, and a positive attitude on top of all of that. Saying you're going over to full-time co-op just to raise the middle finger in a paragraph more bloated than a high-tier German battleship wouldn't be a selling point on your membership application.

No, you're probably not planning on changing clans - but I use this example to point something out about how I (and probably others) see your attitude.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,887 posts
9,966 battles
8 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

For WOW Staff. I could care less about the opinion of the White Knights on here so make all the comments you want.

My 30+ years on the internet tells me this is a lie.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't post.

The rest is just more stuff calculated that when commented upon, you will read it and feel better about yourself.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles

Cv's can barely find a DD now, if anything the game is almost back to normal since the CV rework was rolled out. The awful teams never changed, they have always been here. 

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,598 battles
8 hours ago, LaurenBacall said:

Hmmm.  MM sucks.  I've never heard that before...

What I found is that the better you play, the harder MM is going to push back.  Yes, you *will* wind up on more, crappy teams.  But, guess what?  It's because you were trending above 50%.  If MM didn't do this, the game would split into great players and terrible players.  And the terrible players would quit driving the player base down.

On the plus side being persistent will still deliver a better than 50% WR, and that's really all I can ask.

The patent exists in our own us patent system for their matchmaker. I kid you not and to see the many threads on it from multiple different people and platforms leads me to believe that it is in use in world of warships. Nuff said

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,042 battles
11 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

Welcome to Co-op guy. I really enjoy Co-op over randoms unless I'm in my Kidd and teamed up (division) with a CV player.  My only complaint about Co-op is the bots are not as smart as the Test Server one.  I've noticed that.  Also you can win a battle as a solo player when your team mates are dead too. Keep in mind that CVs will be coming back to Co-op once WG has tweaked them. Also of note the AI/Bots have built in VG and RL (radio location).  I laugh when human player in his DD  tries to circle around the enemy fleet and is met by a CL.  

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
739 posts
3,918 battles

Speaking of co-op, did they mess with bots torpedo dodging AI? It used to be, for some time, they were really fair to good at dodging torpedoes for a while at higher tiers but now they're back to just sailing straight and 'taking it'.

I get the OP, and I play co-op to get away from it all some times and just chill. Co-op are friendly games, everyone's (mostly) cheerful and we have a good time for the few minutes we hang together. Gives me a bit of a boost when going back to Randoms again. :Smile_honoring:

Members
5,269 posts
9,970 battles

Frankly- randoms have been pretty damn fun for me - hardly crap and I can't imagine wanting to play a mode that has a 90+% WR.