Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Floods? I Fear no Stinkin' Floods!

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,884
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts

On my Montana I have -65% flooding recovery time. Floods are 15 seconds duration.

image.thumb.png.7e21381ad1a0f893fe8c9fe26fc9b256.png

Edit:

I have Basics of Survivability too, which gives and additional -15% flooding recovery time for a total of -80%. I'd forgotten about that.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,089 posts
564 battles

you do know that you can have TWO floods at a time now.... although it still might not be as bad as it used to be... cause it can be pretty bad but good work getting that down to 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

you do know that you can have TWO floods at a time now.... although it still might not be as bad as it used to be... cause it can be pretty bad but good work getting that down to 15

Your name suggests you wouldn’t be happy with them getting it down to 15. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[WOLF5]
Members
897 posts
34,178 battles
31 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

On my Montana I have -65% flooding recovery time. Floods are 15 seconds duration.

image.thumb.png.7e21381ad1a0f893fe8c9fe26fc9b256.png

Not quite. Those effects are multiplicative, not additive. You'll get it down to about -54% or roughly 19s duration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
417
[STURM]
Members
708 posts
5,744 battles
23 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Not quite. Those effects are multiplicative, not additive. You'll get it down to about -54% or roughly 19s duration

Nope. I actually tested this, and floods do only last about 15 seconds. In fact, I went in a training room and let a full flood and a full fire play out.

unknown.png.38dc9a4a1160b8daa62a68b27b9edd4a.png

A full flood did about 700 less damage than a full fire.

Kind of ridiculous, considering how hard it is to get a flood.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,884
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
51 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Not quite. Those effects are multiplicative, not additive. You'll get it down to about -54% or roughly 19s duration

Nope, it's 15 seconds exactly. I watched the replay several times to confirm this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,573
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

Hindy is even more hilarious: -70% flooding recovery time just from the legendary mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
851
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
4 hours ago, h9k_a said:

Not quite. Those effects are multiplicative, not additive. You'll get it down to about -54% or roughly 19s duration

 

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Nope, it's 15 seconds exactly. I watched the replay several times to confirm this.

They are multiplicative. What's not shown is the BoS captain skill that's most  likely getting the extra 15%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,884
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
34 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

 

They are multiplicative. What's not shown is the BoS captain skill that's most  likely getting the extra 15%.

I do have Basics of Survivability, which gives and additional -15% flooding recovery time for a total of -80%. I'd forgotten about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,275
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,321 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

On my Montana I have -65% flooding recovery time. Floods are 15 seconds duration.

image.thumb.png.7e21381ad1a0f893fe8c9fe26fc9b256.png

Edit:

I have Basics of Survivability too, which gives and additional -15% flooding recovery time for a total of -80%. I'd forgotten about that.

Makes very little difference when your dev struck by torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
851
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
36 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I do have Basics of Survivability, which gives and additional -15% flooding recovery time for a total of -80%. I'd forgotten about that.

It's not -80%

It's 0.7 x 0.85 x 0.85 x 0.8 = 0.40 or -60%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,573
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
7 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

It's not -80%

It's 0.7 x 0.85 x 0.85 x 0.8 = 0.40 or -60%

So, doing the same math, a Hindenburg with legendary mod (-70%), BoS (-15%), flag (-20%), and DCS mod 2 (-15%) will flood for a maximum of ~6.94 seconds if hit by ship-launched torps. That is a stupidly and hilariously low number.

This also confirms that the bonuses are multiplicative, otherwise every time it floods that same Hindenburg would GAIN HP for 8 seconds (70+15+15+20=120% flooding time reduction).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,011
[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

This also confirms that the bonuses are multiplicative, otherwise every time it floods that same Hindenburg RU BB would GAIN HP for 8 seconds (70+15+15+20=120% flooding time reduction).

Don't give WG any ideas when RU BBs are still in development. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
539
[POP]
Members
1,573 posts
22,607 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Makes very little difference when your dev struck by torps.

    That's why I never understood why people were complaining about the flood changes, good players just dev strike everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×